What I believe how berzerker's shouldve gone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Capz, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Capz New Member

In my opinion as my Main is a zerker on Luclin i feel like the Change for berzerker is needed but the disc was a little to far in the other direction in my perspective i felt like the timer shouldve been played with and made between 15 to 25 mins and left the same DPS percentage because that was a little to much of a change i dont think i should be beaten by a ranger,beastlord,wizard,rouges, and monks i understand more about the Necro's but All the berzerkers bring to the table is DPS we have no other cool thing about us Necros can DoT use a Pet and FD, Beastlord can Dot Buff heal and have a pet tank, Rouges can use multiple poisons and Fade and walk by any mobs , Wizards can port nuke and get outa crappy situations, Monks can Mend FD mezz to single pull, Enchanters can Charm kill mezz stun , rangers can Buff heal tank , and ect for other classes I know what i am saying isnt going to really make a inpact and just wanted to make a note of what i think about the change and hope something is taken a look at it and think about it
  2. Sindaiann Augur

I think you need punctuation.

Our zerkers still parse top within reason....gap is smaller
  3. Phrovo1 Augur

if you are being beaten by monks in this era, you either have an abundance and they're fulminating a lot or you just suck and need to find a teacher (the latter is more likely to be true). Just because you actually have to try now doesn't mean your class sucks
  4. ShadowMan Augur

Holy block text. The bolded is the biggest argument I see most members of your class bring but frankly that is because of the behavior and choices of many members of your class over the years instead of a limited design or weakness to levy more dps.

To make a long story short for multiple years during beta's, AA irc's or class request lists it was flat out explained that dps requests were going to be very limited some years. So the devs said give us quality of life stuff, convenience stuff or some class direction stuff for us to consider ie utility. In general your classes attitude was give us dps or go to hell while other classes worked extremely well under those guidelines and broadened their classes. Zerkers responded with tantrums or complaining to the point of shutting down the public lines of communication with the devs a few years. Because the class in general scoffed at anything utility like, saying shove any of those ideas where the sun don't shine as it would be held against zerkers later. To which a dev and it might have been a few devs said just because you are choosing to forgo utility stuff that everyone else is possibly getting some years you won't then be rewarded with more dps then them later. So it was flat out explained that forgoing this would not benefit your dps requests or design later and the majority of your class present during many of these years was still fine with that and here you are. Missing that extra stuff and yet still doing dps levels relative to what other dps classes are doing as the devs explained in plain English on multiple occasions over the years.

So don't complain your doing the same dps levels as other dps classes as thats all you were ever intended to do. Win sometimes and lose other times in dps situations, as 1 of the 8ish dps classes in EQ that has group fights, raid fights, long fights, short fights, staggered fights, timed fights, locked hp fights, memblur debuff stripping fights, etc. Your lack of other stuff or utility or convenience was brought on by childish tantrums by some of the vocal people of your class who participated in multiple years past dev interactions. The idea of dps or die putting you head and shoulders above all other dps classes was just a made up standard some people or maybe your entire class got in its head but was never part of the game or a design the developers ever were working towards and they stated this publicly year after year after year.
  5. Febb Augur

If you can't at least halfway spend some time on working on your writing, why would anyone take your post serious?
  6. Thraine Augur

well, you know, that's just like your opinion man :)
  7. Broamen New Member

I can see you spend a lot of time taunting hurt player gg for you hope it made you happy:)
    Babittle likes this.
  8. Broamen New Member

Here's what I know about Berserkers so far ,Avenging Discipline doesn't stack with Blinding Fury it simply over ride it or vise versa, Brutal Discipline doesn't stack with Reckless Abandon and if you use RA first and try to hit Brutal is simply puts the disc on cool down and therefore waste the disc.
    Berserker abilities or utilizes or how ever people want to call it, many of them are on the same cool down timer, for instance stun, and snare are on same cool down with each other and also with the damage skill Demolishing Axe Throw .
    My opinion on balancing Disconcerting Discipline it was around 75% down here are the numbers correct me if I've made a mistake
    .Before the balance is was 221% increasing critical hit with two handed melee skills and frenzy and 120% bonus to all of your melee attacks and it lasted for 3minutes.
    After the balance it turned out to be 55% increasing critical hit with two handed melee skills and frenzy and 12 bonus to all of your melee attacks it now last for 1minute 36 seconds.
    I do have many posts from top raiding guild that will provide evidence where Berserkers ware beaten by much on the parse by rangers and rogues after the balance happened can provide them if it come to that .
    So if now Berserker is on the same level with every other class why would anyone chose to play Berserker if they are worse than any other class on the utilities aspect ,I certainly wouldn't
    Last thing ,isn't game suppose to be fun for people that play it ,correct me if I'm wrong working hard on any class would give some of us a head ache we not young like we used to be making it fun and easier by may be consolidating some of the old out dated abilities and make it less situational and more sustained might be better
  9. fransisco Augur

Umm....
    #1 zerkers getting beaten by some rogues is GREAT news. It should've always been happening. There are 3 tier1 dps classes
    #2. Berzerkers have TONS of utility. Most zerkers just ignore it cause they are members of bot armies or never learned how to play their class beyond disconcer/dicho
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]

#Feminism
  11. segap Augur

Welcome to how many other classes are played, all with utilizing old abilities that have proven to be very powerful over the years. Many with overlapping effects with varying degrees of boost. The point is to learn what combinations to use when to maximize your play. Sometimes the length of a fight will determine if you unload everything, or hold some things back to maximize sustained potential. It's not just click the best button, turn on auto-attack and get result. It requires a little bit of thinking to reach your potential. And that's what differentiates those that care to put forth some effort from those that do not. In the end it's not that hard. It's a matter of doing.
  12. Behelit Augur

As someone that's been pretty active in beta's the past few years and possibly the largest advocate for Zerkers in general, you have zero idea what you are talking about when it comes to our requests or communications with Devs.

We have repeatedly asked for utility/survivability and been told "that's not a berserkers thing". The few times they have listened we've gotten abortions like Conditioned Retaliation, Juggernaut's Resolve, and the CotF BP click (yes Rangers/Beasts you can blame us for that one although not sure why only you two got lumped into it with us).

I've personally requested multiple times in varying formats to have our dps upgrades be centered solely around Frenzy to bring it up to par with Backstab/Flying Kick over time, letting autoattack stagnate out. We're halfway there in that for the first time in the history of EQ a Zerker can hit the 50% mark on autoattack's percentage of total dmg done. But unfortunately this isn't due to an increase in Frenzy but a rather an increase to 2hs skill attacks (not a huge deal but ruins some of the flavor of the class keeping Frenzy garbage, as well as leaves those skill attacks open to more kinds of adps than Frenzy has).

I'm not going to continue to outline why you're just making excuses for why Berserkers seem to get overwhelmingly dps upgrades every expansion and failing that we're stagnated without a hint of utility added. The reason is simple the Devs give us what they want/are comfortable with and its never utility. By all means if you want to help me next beta and see for yourself you're more than welcome.
  13. Broamen New Member

I would never chose a berserker as my dps class because of their utilities ever they all really short and on same cold down id rather play rogue or ranger :)
  14. Broamen New Member

it is actually very hard to do in berserker cases ,for instance if you accidently used on full burn your ra and than hit next disc brutal you wasted whole disc, second disc is frenzy resolve that roots you and if you clicked it and got emote to run or raid moves and target switches and too far from you to use draw blood you forced to click it off and waste a whole disc too .
    Also as a melee you have to always be mobile eat all of the ramps and try to readjust at max range and hope not to get killed by it as well as while you running your disc is running and there fore it wasted disc once again
  15. ShadowMan Augur

Recognize your name but I don't recall you being active from 2009-2013 when I was way more around. Back then people were literally asking for like eye ball lazers to DT mobs and constantly infighting about everything when it came time to talk about zerkers. To the point of shutting down valuable zerker input times or tainting them so much that it was comical. Exact phrases like you can shove anything utility were used in beta or irc chats in like 2012 or around there. So if that was prior to you getting more involved you can see why it might have been more difficult then it should be for changes considering the past behavior.
  16. Sissruukk Rogue One

Bards fade...rogues escape, then walk by most mobs.