What happens after PoP on Agnarr.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Strawberry, May 21, 2017.

1. Z E L R O T H New Member

I do not agree, I was not wrong on the notion that we can only assess and there is no tangible data and metrics. You honestly think this thread is representative on what percentage of the Agnarr population is going there as people that have awaited this exact formula for long and are going to main there, what percentage of experienced Classic players are going to farm easy krono and what percentage of players are simply planning on riding the new server hype train until the next expansion hits on their main server?
  2. Filnydar Journeyman

Agnarr is going to be very successful... in the first month.
    With a Ragefire-like experience rate, it won't take long for the core of the server to hit level 50 and find that there aren't anymore groups, and they'll stop logging in.

I don't see the classic raid content keep them on their toes.

iI's kinda what happened on Ragefire one month after the launch, and I suspect the lower exp rate on Phinigel is a large part of its success.
  3. Treesong Elder

I think the core of Agnarr will be relatively small compared to the casuals that will flock to this server. I never managed to reach level 50 in classic, due to altitis and smelling way too many flowers along the way. I guess people are more focussed now and know what to do, but even then, do not underestimate the slacking power of the casual.

I have only ever been max level in Everquest for 4 days: reaching level 65, 4 days before OOW was released. :) After that I never bothered to chase max level anymore. Not that I ever chased it before.
  4. xtnpd1 New Member

this
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

How will metrics prove whether you get Agnarr or not? I say you don't get it because you are repeatedly saying the same thing, that you don't understand why people would play on a locked server when they could just simulate that experience in a guild on a live server. Ignore your feelings for a moment, put yourself in the shoes of the target audience of this server. The posts are already in this thread and others on the topic, as another poster responded to you. The explanations are there, you're just writing them off as hype.

Another poster mentioned he had only been max level once. I'll go a step further and say I've never been max level in EQ, ever. That will change in the next month or two, as I have 97 Monk on a Live server and with help from friends I will hit 105. But that is a Heroic toon, my highest naturally leveled toon hit 83 several years ago when the cap was 95 or 100. You keep saying the server will die after the max is hit, but only the more active players will be there at that point. People like me will always be a bit behind.

All we have at this point is the DBG poll on favored expansions, which agrees with the concept of Agnarr. Beyond that my evidence is anecdotal, but impressive none the less. People I thought would never come back to EQ are coming back to EQ. People who said, "meh, I'm not into it" or "don't want to get caught up just to fall behind." They are subscribing, they are relearning the game for this.

I admit I hope to get some of them to spend some time on our old Live server, in addition to playing on Agnarr, but that is a boon to the game also. They can have their slow pace locked environment, and still dabble in the current game.

In the end, nobody knows how the server will be in 18 months, but it's definitely turning heads and drawing interest. That is a good thing no matter what happens.