What happened to XP?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mortium, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If those 105's go to the new expansion, sure... but if they're still in EoK, the XP has NOT changed. Your logic, is mind boggling broken.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

It HAS changed too. I have personally verified this.
    It's not as if i were talking hear-say here, i have SEEN what i post about.
    And yes, my posts are based on my own personal experience - no flawed logic there that i can see.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Ah interesting... well I still feel like the EOK/ROS ones should have a reward consistent with the total number of AAs in the expansion.

EXP I imagine probably isn't too bad with a full 6-man group but not everyone has fhe luxury of joining fully formed well balanced groups regularly.
  4. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

My Paladin main is maxed reg exp, maxed AA exp, 220 AA banked, 5 or 6 aa reward taps waiting to claim.... and Ive been this way for awhile now. My Druid and Shaman boxes are both high in AA also. Shaman is 36xxx (dont really pay attention), Druid is around the 27xxx mark. Their reg exp isnt maxed but I know 100% they will be maxed AA and reg by next exp release.

I am also working a ranger but on same account as my Pally so it’s harder as no matter what, a solid group need healer and tank. Unfortunately not to many people alt a tank these days...
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Yes. EXP for a raid geared Tank with two well geared/AA'd boxes and 3 mercenaries in non-critical roles (DPS), doesn't have trouble with progression or EXP. This is to be expected.

EXP for those who cannot form their own solid group with a player Tank and boxed Healer at all times is a little bit different. As you noted with your Ranger alt. It's a bit more tedious when your Paladin main isn't available. Not undoable or impossible, just slower.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I enjoy and love playing my tank. I just want more people to play an alt tank so I can enjoy playing my ranger... #altlivesmatter

On a side note, I did three box the entire EoK progression line with ranger shamn druid, tank merc and two healer mercs as I didnt trust the tank merc to be worth a hoot. Worst parts was spider caves and chardok. Mainly I think lvl 110 helped those areas useing mercs.

Mercs are 100% useless, but id choose any people over a merc...
  7. Thraine Augur

i really dont think they lowered the exp in EoK .. prolly has more to do with you have more AAs now and more AA = less gain. Unless of course you have proof. saying i have seen this is not exactly proof imo.
  8. Fohpo Augur

Doesn't it also change because a large number of mobs that would have been dark blue now con light blue? I thought I remember XP on mobs scaling slightly based on cons...
  9. Febb Augur

The experience nerf to previous expansions to funnel people into new expansions for $$$ to boost expansion sales isn't anything new. This has literally happened almost every expansion release since I can remember.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  10. Millianna Augur

Accept the EXP in RoS sucks.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The proof is in his head. Which isn't exactly proof.
    Sancus likes this.
  12. Millianna Augur

The amount of AAs earned at 105 in EoK is greater than AAs earned at 110 in RoS. This doesn’t not mean the exp in EoK has been nerfed, but it also does NOT justify the slower exp rate at 110.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Then it must be pretty subtle.

I didn't get EoK until Nov. 2017 (basically it was the pre-purchase of RoS, and EoK came with it). I got to the yeti camp and burned a lesson fairly frequently, and noted the AAs per mob (averaged of course, because the yetis are not all the same level). I dinged 106 the day RoS dropped, and continued to burn lessons at that same camp. The AA per mob did go down, but just slightly, due to the high con bonus being just a bit less, since I was one level higher. I didn't see anything like an overall drop in the XP rate. So, if they do what you say, it's either very subtle, or they don't do it right when the new expac drops. I don't do lessons there any more, so can't say what it's like now, just what I saw through roughly new year's.
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

What proof do you need?
    Seeing me in old logs making 5AAs (capped) from giants with lesson and later my deleveled-to-105-again-for-testing SHD not hitting that cap anymore? Seeing my ENC with capped vitality (and wasting lesson too, until i found out and cared to remember the AA-cap) getting that much before but not after release? Yeah of course...
    I know it happened but do you really expect me to go back 3months or so in logfiles to search for it?
    And what "proof" would that logfile be, even if i'd bother to search for it?
    You'd still have to believe me on group-make up and vitality status and all that crap.
    In short:
    Either believe me or don't and get the proof yourself - it's out there, you just have to care to find it.
    I can only say what i saw and cared to even test - once. (my 105's DPS sucks and meanwhile i don't have suitable 105 DPS anymore either - i did the test with the SHD and ENC and logged on a 105BST too - ENC and BST are now 110 and i'd get hammered if i'd delevel them again ;) )
    Since then, i have concentrated on my cleric box and my ENC ALT and leveled them to 110 and sucked up the XP (especially my ENC is far behind in AAs, compared, since he's on the same account as my WAR main). Thankfully, i get to play him somewhat more often these days compared to last year at least.

I was actually thinking of deleveling my WAR to 105 again with Exp recovery up to GIVE you that proof, but well...
    Not going to happen while we learn events again that's for sure. (and i dunno if i can bind myself in a deathloop in the giant fort or somewhere outside RoS to spare me the running)

This.
    It has happened with TBM on EoK release since my return, and it happened again with EoK on RoS release.
    Coincidence? No - too predictable to be.
    I wonder why people deny something this obvious?
    And it wasn't even subtle in the least.

Short memories i guess it must be - or short attention span.
    ADHS bunnies :p
  15. Millianna Augur

Who cares about an exp nerf of old content when exp in new content flat out sucks.