What happened to XP?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mortium, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Eckish Lorekeeper

The high con bonus sounds familiar. But, I still recall a change to AA experience that disconnected it from a mob's specific base experience and tied it to player level vs con. The best that I can find is this:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/changes-to-aa-experience.138099/
    However, I can't find the original post that is reference there to verify it. There's also this player discussion:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/rate-of-aa-exp.123846/

Which kind of indicates that the change I'm thinking of happened before 2007. But, that's as much as I can find on it.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

No idea why anyone thinks the xp is harder to get in ros..

Just get out an grp. And watch how fast them aa accumulate.
  3. Thraine Augur

i went to RoS the other day and tripped and gained like 100 AAs ... cant say i see where AAs will ever be an issue anymore lol
    Oakenblade, Whulfgar and Zamiam like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

EOK also had a huge AA reward for doing other achievements, its not all about collections.
  5. Mezz Lorekeeper

Is there a good replacement for DH HA? Could easily get 100 AA on a lesson burn on DH HA before the nerf. Best I can see how is Goro, which is maybe 50 AA on a run. Any other good spot for a 30 min run?
  6. Leigo You come here often?

that's only cause you play while your wife is at work...
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

The AAs are still very much an issue for those people that are not, unlike us, maxed or anywhere near the max when a new expansion comes out. Same for anyone that wants to bring an ALT up.
    And 100AAs isn't really much anymore when a single focus level costs that much already.
    Compared to TBM and EoK, XP rate has certainly and noticeably been reduced, while AA costs have of course gone up.
    As i keep saying: that' snot an issue for anyone that was maxed or near max at RoS release, with a half-decent playtime.
    But it sure is for anyone else.
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Nice reference that - and the bottom text is as i remember it.
    At least the step1 is very wrong though, as it lists different group boni for 5 and 6 players, which is wrong.
    There is no further group XP-bonus for the 6th player, that one's advantage is only through the combined higher possible killspeed.

No idea on the other steps mentioned there, but the "PL-ML > 5" doesn't sound right to me either (that would still give boni for white and db cons).
    From what i remember it was if the mob was 4 (could also be 5) levels higher than you, you would get that one, in all other cases not - and for being grouped with a high-level PLing character, special conditions apply (like an XP cap on "your share" from the total as the lower char, again depending on level different between the two characters)

Of course that's all more or less a black box to me, as i have never actually seen a dev post to that end.
    Therefore, all i really care for is the number of kills i need per % of regular XP.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If someone doesn't play a lot, that's not up to Daybreak to fix their AA's. I started a Zerker last year. It's done all of the Hero AA's, has 29137AA as of this post right now. I'm not sure what you're saying here to be honest, other than it's an uphill battle for those that don't play a lot. This is true for *ALL* video games. Honestly, the words "Too bad" come to mind, you get what you put into it.
  10. Mezz Lorekeeper

I have noticed that there seems to be a lot less experience groups these days. Besides DH HA, FM Bifaak camp was very popular. Now I don't see a popular spot to camp for exp. I never see people recruiting for exp groups any more either.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

That appear's to be the MAJOR issue now more then ever that I've seen. People so concerned about their alts .. they entirely STOP their main's progression on any level, to try to catch up their alt to their main in any way possible. The fault lay's with their ignorance. That is why its called "mains" and "alts" they do not seem to realize 1 is not the same as the other.

Of course they will find it harder to get xp on a secondary toon .. when EVERYONE AN THEIR MOMS knows its their alt they tryna get xp for at the cost of their main (which is more valuble to any / all guilds as a whole, as THATS .. the toon the entire guild helps to gear via raids in the first place)

Actually anyone who played threw those times up til now, can of course compare. I could not with MORE play time max out 6 other toons.

Since RoF launched , with LESS play time .. I've maxxed out those 6 other toons. So I would personally disagree with you that RoF has BETTER xp gains per kill (both mass and individual) then either TBM, and EoK.

The part in this quoted statement I completely agree with is the "with half decent playtime" I as a hardcore (yes self titled) player in EQ, do not want any casuals with whom only have half of my play time or less .. to be able to get JUST as rewarded as I am .. I feel if they want what the harder core'ed players in the game earn (aka maxxed out toons) .. they themselves also must put forth the SAME Effort as those of us who can / have / always will continue to max out our toons.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  12. Millianna Augur

The AA exp sucks at 110. I get more AAs at 105 in ot with a tank toon (28k AAs) than rogue at 110 (17k). The kill rate is roughly the same. So, it’s my opinion that it’s better to stay 105 and get AAs then to level first.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Correct, but that was changed after that wiki page was made (and unfortunately was never updated).

It's amazing how many EQ reference pages you can find with a search, which haven't been updated in forever. Amazing how long this game has lasted!
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Obviously. At 110, you are relatively higher level compared to the mobs, so the "high con bonus" portion of XP calculations will net you less XP.

The real question is why is the kill rate roughly the same at 110 as 105? I don't think most people find that to be the case.
  15. Millianna Augur

There isn’t any noticeable DPS increase (sustained) in the group game without max AA for most classes.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That seems off. I've noticed a definite DPS increase just going from 105 to 107. At 110, it will definitely be higher. Spells averaging 20-22% increase over the TDS (101-105) equivalents.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

A watched pot never boils is what they say? Just play. You'll be max in no time. Work on tasks/missions/ect and don't look at AA. It will max fast.
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Well... You're happily sitting on your horse apparently.
    Yes, it's not "up to Daybeak to fix their AAs" - it's telling that you even come up making that connection.
    But it is VERY MUCH "up to Daybreak" to keep XP gains where they were, and in-line with risk vs. reward.
    Last year, we enjoyed the good XP in EoK at 105.
    Today, a character of 105 in a group of 105's (i.e. same conditions) gets significantly less.
    That, i would say, is VERY much "up to Daybreak" and not "too bad for the character" but shameful for the company.
  19. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Lol...
    Could it be you're full of it and need a change of underwear?
    I sure do after wetting my pants from laughter at this.

OF COURSE we "stop" our main's progression - it's done, you doorknob.

OMG!!!
    Can you read?
    I specifically said "XP per kill is less than it used to be".
    That has NOTHING to do with the normal lower killspeed of a lesser developed character vs. the main you are referencing there. GET A GRIP ON YOURSELF when replying for god's sake!

And stop the crap about "at the cost of their main", would you?
    This is about XP in general, on a per-kill-basis and whether it's a returnee who's that far behind or an ALT being raised, they're evenly affected.

But you certainly didn't do the bulk of that since RoS was released, did you?
    Unless you did this is totally irrelevant or at best supporting my point.

I have been at 1600AAs when i returned Xmas2015 (TBM), i was near max when EoK was released and i am maxed again, even though i took it slow. But anyone who would happen to be in my place TODAY would have a much longer route ahead of him, because XP has been nerfed, period.
    THAT is the issue - i hope you get that into your head!

Oh really?
    So you now are for per-kill-XP-gains getting based on overall playtime too?
    What an utter bunch of crap that is!
    The "not so hardcore player" is "paying" already with lesser gains per week or other interval compared to you. But it's illogical for ANYONE to be able to make x AAs per kill while another makes significantly less than that ON THE SAME conditions, level and camp-wise, PER KILL. Only because he#s doing it later?
    Get it into your head: you have been missing the point entirely and are getting yourself only in deeper .
  20. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Right.

Noone expects the SAME XP as at level105 on the SAME character that is now 110 against those SAME EoK mobs. THAT part of "XP loss" is "logical" and in-line. But i would totally expect a different character, that is still level 105 and grouped with other level 105's, to get the same XP per kill that i got with my main at 105. This is not the case though, so the term "XP nerf" is more than justified.

The XP in RoS is related but another thing again, since they seem to have capped the BASE-XP (i.e. before lesson/potion or bonus-XP events) at 1.03AAs. At least 1.03AAs was the most i've ever gotten in ANY RoS T2 zone at 110 from a non-named mob. And it did not matter (as it did in EoK after the initial bug to that end) if it was a high-HP mob or not. (RoS T1 zones are even worse, speaking for XP only EoK mass-killing would be the by far better alternative to that as over time you'll still make more from those "low" mobs that only give 0.4 or so AAs per kill because you kill them FAR quicker and with FAR less risk.
    Caell likes this.