What happened to the servers at launch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 29, 2021.

1. MMOer Augur

This is what I think happened with the servers at launch. Devs can come in and say if I am wrong or right but I think they messed up a bit.

When they launch the server they let in groups of people. I think around 200 or 300 at a shot.

Slowly they raise this cap and let people in. 300 then 500 then 700 etc.

They had an issue with the TB server queue during launch after the first set of 300 were in. People were not getting and TB in the mean time they continued to raise the MC server cap and grew the MC server since people were being let in.

What this did was artificially stunt the population of TB

So for example while MC had say 2000 players TB would have 500

I know nobody wants to sit in the queue for longer than needed but what they should have done was raise the caps on both servers at the same time to keep them leveled out. So if nobody was getting in TB they should not have allowed more in on MC until TB was fixed.

Regardless the servers were not even hitting queues on day 2 the populations are too low. This TLP seems to be pretty unpopular compared to others. In a year they will merge for sure.
    -----------------
    With that said... the servers are not crippled or anything its about 60/40 split.

I just think they made a bit of a derp when dealing with the TB queue and both servers would have been better served if they were equally spread.

The current population right now at 1pm est is sitting at
    2212 MC
    1304 TB
    908 different
  2. Toysoldier New Member

Wasn't TB supposed to be the "over-flow" server regardless? So if that's the case then I suspect they did everything as intended. This however, is just my opinion.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Both servers are sitting at high population according to the server status page which would indicate that any impact it had was temporary.
    Bardy McFly and Stymie like this.
  4. killswitch87 Journeyman

Thornblade is the overflow server anyway and will eventually just get dumped onto mischief
    Trey likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There's no mystery here, Mepps already cleared up any abiguity.

The Thornblade server had a problem with its queue, the team restarted the login servers and that rectified the issue.

These things happen is all.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  6. MMOer Augur

I disagree that TB was not an overflow server. It was a second server. Same and as equal as Mischieif.

With that said... its not crippled or anything its about 60/40 split.

I just think they made a bit of a derp when dealing with the TB queue and both servers would have been better served if they were equally spread.

The current population right now at 1pm est is sitting at
    2212 MC
    1304 TB
    908 different

But as I said... that is basically the population of ONE server. This is exp bonus weekend and the first weekend of the new server... it should be queued out

By the time Pop rolls around in six months... sheesh.

For sure will need a merger in a year.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You blaming DarkPaw or the Players for the imbalance?

Because DarkPaw did not dictate where people would go.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  8. MMOer Augur

But they did... that is exactly of the point of my post

They allowed players into one while the other was being blocked.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's either a gross misunderstanding or a deliberate misrepresentation.

There was an unforeseen issue that was then rectified, the players chose where they went regardless of that issue.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Seems like a pretty strange conspiracy theory that they announced a new TLP server type and after seeing indication for a large demand for it decided to pre launch the overflow server and then shunted the flow of players to the original server.
    Tweakfour17 and Skuz like this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I guess when you are in a mood to burn witches you will find them wherever you look.
    Bardy McFly and Bobbybick like this.
  12. MMOer Augur

You all got tin foil crazy hats on lol
  13. MMOer Augur

Your tin foil hats are way to tight

14. Kylo Classic Augur

Interdasting.
    Trey likes this.
  15. Gimgar New Member

I am a data point of one... but I didn't even know there was a second server to choose. I just waited for Mischief to let me in. It was an eight minute queue for me. (I also didn't try to log in at launch as I was working).
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Uh huh, not projecting at all.

What your initial post was is an autopsy without a corpse, or a Coroner.
  17. Ownanat Journeyman

I mean this is one of the worst tlps of all time
    Every tlp before had long que times and crashes which sucks in and of it self

This TLP has no que times on either server meaning its not popular meaning it won't be long before servers are dead.

Not even out a week and this tlp is dead on arrival it seems
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What would they gain from preventing people from logging onto Thornblade and forcing them to log onto Mischief instead? They are both the same server just one was originally announced and the second one was officially announced after seeing demand. Dreamweaver even mentioned that they had a second overflow server ready the day they announced Mischief.

You say this is some plot by Darkpaw yet I fail to see what they would gain by doing this.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. MMOer Augur

>You say this is some plot by Darkpaw

You crazy paranoids are saying that. I just said they made a derp... like stupid mistake and didn't think about it in the moment when they were trying to fix the queue issue in TB....

But since so many people are posting the queue issue was on purpose... maybe it was? I dunno what would they have to gain?
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If that is the case, what is the point of this entire thread?