What happened to the RoF stream?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rafather, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Rafather Augur

10-11am EQ: Rain of Fear - Don't Get Wet!
    Rain of Fear, EQ's 19th expansion, launches on November. Come to this panel to get a sneak peek at what's falling from the skies! (Thom Terrazas, Producer; Adam Bell, Lead Designer; Jenn Chan, Lead Coder; Alan VanCouvering, Assistant Lead Designer; Ed Hardin, Designer II - Spells; Doug Cronkhite, Senior Designer -Alternate Abilities; Jason Leo, Designer - Items; Julie Burness, Designer -Content; Chris Black, Designer - Content; Josh Augustine, Associate Designer - Content) Tune in to SOE Twitch TV for live coverage!

So where is it?? It's not on right now.
  2. Riou EQResource

Taped for viewing later, wont be live
  3. Rafather Augur

not looking good for even a taped video.
  4. Tobynn Augur

Even the live streams were archived and up for viewing within an hour after the live stream ended. Its been several hours and still no RoF to view.
  5. Riou EQResource

RoF panel wasn't live streamed, so no insta archive :(, dunno why it's taking so long though, sucks, they also skipped the business of EQ/EQ2 one which was way more interesting then the DCUO / PS2 tournaments (PS2 tournament was going on 2 of the 3 streams even...)
  6. Rafather Augur

Goes to show that EQ is just a talking point for SoE to mention it came before WoW, but they really don't care about us.
    Geroblue likes this.
  7. Tobynn Augur

Had things on my agenda today, so watching the live coverage wasn't an option for me. Good thing I didn't rearrange schedule to watch either panel live. They abandoned the live streams for whatever reason, I'm ok with that, stuff happens, I get it ... but wtfX0rz on several hours and counting, waiting on the archived footage. You're not allowed to screw the pooch on both the live stream and the archive too!~

Hurry up! QUICKIER!!!11!one
  8. Spinstun Journeyman

I cant believe that the EQ team settles for this representation at SOE live. Why are they treating us like we dont matter when EQ is the very reason for most of this company. We are still here dumping our money into this game yet it seems the entire time at SOE live the eq team has been very short and no effort or in this case a no show. Thats so disrespectful. EQ deserves better.

Mr John Smedley, why are you letting your game get treated like this? This feels like we just got dumped on prom night. This is one of the biggest days of the year for EQ and we are basicly forgotten. Why?
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

No doubt Spinstun, I can't believe that Smed has some credit for making EQ, it seems like he hates it with a passion and only used it and us as a cash cow without an ounce of pride or interest in it. EQ 2 may be ok, I won't ever play it or any other SOE games because none of them or any other company's MMOs or even non MMO games come close to EQ. Yet SOE has no real pride or passion for EQ other than to sweep it under the rug and disregard it as if it never existed most of the time. Not like it paid for everything else they've ever done or anything
  10. Falos Augur

At least they were able to make time on the live stream showing 4 year olds cheating and stealing limbo contest victories from adults.
  11. Drathos_BotS Elder

Everquest had as many if not more panels than other games. They sky is falling cynicism is just unbased. Over the past two days I attended 5-6 panels on Everquest, the Second night Keynote was largely about Everquest. The dev team was open, excited and available before during and after the panels to talk to , bounce ideas off of and to explain their vision and the work they are putting in. Rain of Fear is going to be exciting so give the dev some time youll see that at Fan Faire you really couldn't ask for better than the devs we have carrying our game forward.
    Piestro and FatbukSlapmeat like this.
  12. Hatsee Augur

Err, so there was nothing?

Someone post cliff notes then.
  13. Nolrog Augur

The DCUO/EQ Franchise Keynote had a fair amount of detail about the expansion. They gave the highlights of the expansion and spoke about many of the zones, giving a quick video look at them as they went along. It was interesting to watch. The http://eqresource.com/ guys have a write up of that presentation.
  14. Rafather Augur

They posted a broken 5min runtime video of one of the panels $$. You do realize they are paid to sound excited about the game this weekend and try to sell it?
  15. Tobynn Augur

A couple minutes of Absor refreshing our memories of the storyline behind HoT and VoA ... that's the extent of the RoF panel archive? Where's the other 55 minutes? I assume the RoF panel actually included some sort of discussion of the RoF expansion.
  16. Rafather Augur

I guess they didn't want to show 20minutes of some casual crying about taking away pet da tanking during the panel.
    Pirlo likes this.
  17. Geroblue Augur

The Slayer system sounds like the titles you can get in LotRO. Okay I guess. But I don't find it interesting. I don't see anything for the below 95th level characters, so no purchase for me. Save myself 200 dollars and skip it.
  18. wingz-83 Augur

I would tune in for that!
  19. ITPalg New Member

I am assuming that the video is incomplete and set a PM via Twitch about it.
  20. Drathos_BotS Elder

The panel showed a preview of all the zones in the new expansion the new zones look Hot. They answered a few questions and I can say for people who liked Velious and are anxious for a some Nostalgia... it looks AWESOME