What happened to the potion belt ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Rolaque Ancient

I vote for restoring the old potion belt, but now with an increased capacity of 12 slots (so it can pass as the new 11th hot bar, but will have all the same functionality as the previous 5 slot potion bar).

We can splatter hot bars, chat boxes, everything under the sun, any where we choose on the UI, including the DB/EQ button, which we can't make horizontal. But when it comes to the potion belt, it's "oh no, you can't have that. We must protect ...", whatever you might imagine. That's what's called a real GMFB. For the curious, that's an old Klingon word, which is pronounced: gah-muf-bah. (have to say it gutterally). I know, it's not the right genre, and all. But, what ya gonna do, when they come for you?
  2. Rolaque Ancient

Excellent catch. And the spell icons too. Just like mine too.
    :)
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Because i can?

Really because the first 4 are the same for all my chars.
    But i see no reason why not - i actually melee with my cleric too, for a chance on the hammer proc between casts.
    Once upon a time i had some spell gems mapped to the first hotbar too, but as you can see that's a thing of the past with the bucketful of new AAs i found after my return and autogrant.
    I don't claim that my setup is the best or even just optimal for anyone (including myself), but it works and keeps my WAR and the rest of the group alive when i have to.
    Feel free to PM me suggestions on improvement though.

But the point of those images was simply to illustrate how not so much is missed from pre-patch to post-patch with regards to the potion belt. With mapping the 11th hotbar to ALT+P as i will do in a few hours, the only thing i'll be actually missing is the grand total of the potions i carry.
    While on the other hand, i've gained 4 ready-access buttons that i didn't have (not need either, but might come in handy for a FD potion or so) - or 7 really, if you also count the partly-covered but clickable ones.

And keep in mind that the hotbar setup in the potion belt's place was done on the fly, while getting ready to XP so it's not finalized either.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Autoattack on any hotbar seems redundant. There's already a keymap for toggling autoattack on. You could even change it to 1 if you wanted.
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Ah that. i've removed that, in order to not attack by mistake while typing as i tended to back in the day.
    And while the actual keymapping in ALT+O for autoattack is empty, assign it to "1" is effectively what i did, just with the hotbar. As i said, first 4 buttons are the same across all my characters across all my accounts.
  6. Pistols4Pandas Elder

The problem for me is, I play 3 mages who use 1 clicky with a low amount of charges every 10 seconds, I also use mod rods, so I run out of mod rods, the orbs are autoinventoried into the wrong slot, and don't work with my macros / socials. Loot items will also cause disarray.

Now I have to spend half my playtime tabbing through multiple characters windows making sure everything is in the correct inventory slot . That's REALLY fun when you're already trying to micromanage playing 3 characters /s

Not to mention I'd have to re-write all my socials and reconfigure advloot so I don't loot anything that doesn't stack to 1000. Aaaaand I've gotta do that on every character. Then.. what, I get to do it again next month when they roll out a nondescript fix which may or may not restore the functionality I previously had ?

I turned off auto billing until this is fixed and I've started playing a different game. It just isn't fun playing this way, furthermore, the lack of communication or response to player feedback was a huge slap in the face, no one said they wanted this and they completely ignored the opinions of the player base.

Call me hyperbolic but I speak with my wallet since they hear nothing else. If I really wanted to play I'd play, but as I said this has made playing tedious and not fun, that may be unique to my situation but if it ain't fun, I'm not playing and I'm not paying.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
  8. Lorwock New Member

9. Skunkhaze New Member

lol ill tell ya why, because next month our potion belts will be avail in tha marketplace for 10k db cash lol
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Works for me, roll on next month.

Nothing else to spend it on.
  11. gnomeboss Augur

[IMG]

my new potion belt totally works, i don't know what you guys are complaining about.
    Havanap, Tyche and Pistols4Pandas like this.
  12. Angahran Augur

Just need to update hotbars to be able to show the total of items if you have more than one stack and the charges if an item has them.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  13. tnot Elder

No word about why it was taken out, no clarity about if it will be restored or to what extent, no word about anything. A vague " maybe next months patch... "

Completely ignored the playerbase and their opinion, which was expressed nearly 100% in favor of keeping it as is for 2 weeks before this went live, and it was explained over and over how vital those functions were.

No effort was made to explain the change whatsoever.

0/10, never seen such tone-deaf disregard for the community.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Sweet. Another post about it.
  15. Fyuri Journeyman

Why?

Seriously... Why?
  16. kizant Augur

What is a 'potion' belt? Please clarify.
  17. Fyuri Journeyman

It's that thing that existed 2 days ago which low-effort players never used, add it to the list of things they don't understand and don't use so I can reference it next time they say the game is ' too hard '.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

And another one!
  19. kizant Augur

I'm still not clear. Is it a belt that potions wear? Not all of us waste time with ornaments or worrying about what our gear looks like you know.
  20. Pistols4Pandas Elder

Someone said smokezz was organizing a player-revolt against tone-deaf developers.

I'm with Smokezz.