What happened to horses?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demoria7, Mar 10, 2020.

1. demoria7 Elder

I remember quest many years ago to get horses of different colors and barding but then, it got changed to all kinds of weird creatures. How about a black horse with 4 white feet and mane and tail with a separate quest for barding or a paint horse or a bay with 1 white foot and several quest for barding of different colors? Barding for the pally horse, barding for the fire mount. A different look on barding for the ranger with a quiver on the saddle horn or a trade-skill junkie with pots and pans or "equipment"... well it was just a thought. Also barding for the other weird mounts if they don't come with it. If not quest, how about the store? (no weird flags sticking up.. I hated those on horse gear) oh, and why is my BST unable to make his pet look like a lion or a black panther... I see both of those in EQ. A BST lord should be able to work with variety of warders don't you think.... Also, what's is up with no roads in the newest expansion... you go out the gate and run cross country to the next zone.... noticed that trend in multiple expansions... it seems a bit lazy. At least Crescent Reach and it's zones had roads./rant off
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

What you are describing for mounts is something like they have in LotRO, where you can buy them in the in-game store. Not sure what all the coding would be involved to have a plain horse with the ability to get specific looks on it that you prefer.

As for BLs, not sure what to say about that. In some ways I agree, but in others I don't. It would be one thing if it were like WoW hunters where they could go out and tame the beast they want, but this is an entirely different system.

As for roads, well, this is Velious. Old Velious didn't have roads either.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Still in Bazaar I think. First right after you walk in is stables. You have to do a short quest and then you can buy a 'Bridle' and a horse. Different Bridles have different colors.

It's not explained very well by the NPCs in the stable. Check an online site for the details, and if it even still works.

**edit**
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3387

solid colors, Black White Brown Tan apparently.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I felt the same about mounds staying with regular horses until HoT and Hedgerow Leaf mounts... because well.... they look like lions :) And of course once there was a flying lion mound had to have that.

Corwyhn Lionheart
    Guildleader Lions of the Heart.

Some prices are regular horses with barding I think and regular and skeleton horse mounds drop in a chest.. what mission or raid was that again?
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

OldCa61 and Celephane like this.
  6. Celephane Augur

Duder likes this.
  7. Zamiam Augur

is your T broken ? what is a mound(s) ?
  8. Bobokin Augur

Having horse barding ornaments should have been done long ago, but this game is as old as a Bill Clinton presidency, so adding it to the game now isn't as easy as with a new MMORPG.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Where do you think gorilla glue comes from?
    Bobokin likes this.
  10. Bobokin Augur

From ... gorillas?
    svann likes this.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

It is a dark chocolate candy bar filled with coconut.
  12. svann Augur

Players should take care in stables that they do not step in horse mounds.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

And avoid the yellow snow in colder climes.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sometimes you feel like a nut...some times you don't. Almond joy has nuts...mounds dont
    Sissruukk likes this.
  15. Qbert Gallifreyan

I don't like almonds. I don't like dark chocolate. Why can't they make the version that is with milk chocolate and no almonds? Bah!
  16. Sissruukk Rogue One

That is my only drawback to eating Mounds, I am not a huge fan of dark chocolate either.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

It should be simple. Almond Joy is already milk chocolate. On the other hand, if you want to try, I suppose you could use this recipe and substitute milk chocolate for dark chocolate.

https://www.notenoughcinnamon.com/easy-homemade-bounty-aka-mounds/
  18. Sissruukk Rogue One

Hrm, thanks for that, I will have to try it out! (boy, did we seriously hijack this thread)
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

You are certainly welcome. My three year old boys think that it looks cool too. I do like to cook, and my waistline shows it, but I have not made these before. Perhaps soon.

P.S. Hijacking threads is great fun. I used to do the same thing in grad. school. Hehehehe
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Only the LoN, some claimables, and marketplace mounts have buffs.

I've tried filling out some, but I don't have access to all of the mounts out there. It would take people simply replying to the mount with the buff they have.

Allah's database is player-populated, so unless people provide the info, the associated buffs will remain blank.
    Celephane likes this.