What Grsfic csrd should I get

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Karago, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Karago New Member

Hello all :)
    I hope this is the right place to ask this... if not pls just delete this.

I m currently buying a new PC to play EQ.
    the MB will a Asus P8Z77-V LX, Z77, LGA 1155, PCI-3 x 16
    I can spend 200 to 250$ for a grafic card. Any recomendations what I should get or what I definitly shouldnt get.
  2. TSR-AlexS Augur

I'd recommend a video card that's at least a nVidia GeForce 500 series or higher / AMD HD. I'll leave this open just in case anyone has another recommendation for one.
  3. Cloudia Augur

Personal preferance is for the Nvidia cards, a decent 550/560ti should do fine and be well within your budget. EQ doesn't really use all the bells and whistles that later games do as it still relies on DX9, but raw graphic power never hurts. One of my backup systems is running on an older nvidia 420 w/1gb and does okay unless spell effects get really nuts.
  4. Explicit Augur

This depends greatly on how good you want the game to look.
    Both Nvidia and AMD offer anti-aliasing and other options via their respective control panels -but- as it stands - EQ looks absolutely best on an AMD card with all the control panel settings turned up.

Please bare in mind this is not biased, I have an older AMD card in my PC and my friend is running a 560ti (a much better card overall than mine). However, EQ looks better on my PC because of the different options offered within the Catalyst Control Center (Nvidia has a control panel as well, but options are different/limited).

For the 200-250$ budget you can't really go wrong with either of these cards.

AMD - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202004

Nvidia - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127594

You will see equal performance from both in the realm of unaugmented graphics, so the choice ends up being what you personally prefer.