What free item would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Cicelee Augur

Lots if controversy over the free item being given. A lot of complaints, a lot of disappointment. Many comments of how the company is out of touch with the player base as far as their desires and wants.

If you were in charge, what would you give your entire player base for free as a thank you? Obviously not something game breaking, something minor.

A player illusion? A title? A bag? A potion?

This could be an opportunity to communicate with the company as to what we would like to receive. Or it could derail into something terrible. Either way it could be entertaining and insightful...
    Nniki likes this.
  2. Xenze Elder

Cheat code: there is no cow level

Boom, you win EQ
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I would like a wand that once per week, allows me to re name a fellow player.
    Elricvonclief and Lilpugs~Cazic like this.
  4. Lianeb Augur

I honestly don’t think dbg owes me anything. Except the time I pay for to play the game.

An appreciation gift is not going to please everyone because there are to many ungrateful or entitled people that play
  5. Boze TLP complaint factory

Tacos. As far as I can tell we've never had tacos in-game, despite the innumerable number of Taco Tuesdays and 19 Cinco de Mayos since launch.
  6. kizant Augur

All I want in EQ is a Form of the Recluse prize. Please someone find me one. :(
  7. Eanelder Augur

• Mount
    • Illusions
    • Utility Clicky
      • Transport Item - I'd like to see one to Baz or Guild Banner, ideally guild hall / house placeable
      • summon food and drink, 10 of each, expendable large cool down, just below merchant brew / sandwiches in stats
    • Mercenary Skin
    • Nimbus, but would have to be really impressive
    • Restricted 60+ Slot container, ie limited to augs, ornaments, tradeskills (but not collectibles)
    Regardless of what was selected, no one would be 100% happy.
    Leex and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

There should be no complaints. It was free. If you don't like it, don't use it. Damn... people whine and get upset about some really stupid things. No one is OWED anything at all.
  9. Xenze Elder

Well that's not 100% true now is it ;) if the person got exactly what they asked for, that one person would be 100% happy :D (for about 3 minutes until they find a way they could have made it better)
  10. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Careful with talk like that. I recently posted that I’d like the Druid pet to get a summon tacos ability and the thread was promptly deleted. Some mod on these forums clearly hates tacos, or the people that advocate them.
  11. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I would also like a clicky participation trophy, that tells me I'm special.
  12. Qbert Gallifreyan

I wouldn't mind eqplayers back as a free item for all access members, but not accessible to free-to-play players/accounts.

I wouldn't mind the other two character slots back that we used to have for being all access (a 16-character cap used to be attainable; one per class - now it is just 14).

I wouldn't mind the resumption of veteran rewards, with all newly implemented rewards being available only if eligible AND your account is all access (i.e. disabled from activation if you are free-to-play at the time).

I wouldn't mind the guildmaster "training" being opened up for a certain period each year to all access accounts so that you can actually use it for meaningful advancement. As it is now, the guildmasters just say ya - my window has higher points available, along with an associated plat cost . . . but you can't use your 500+ training points where you want to use them.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

I am always happy for free stuff but I would love if they made aspect of the brood heirloom. I could then move it from my old main to my current one.
  14. Aurmoon Augur

A clickable item that casts “Call of the Heroes” with a long reuse time, say once every 1 to 3 hours. I don’t want to step on any mage’s toes, but every now and then I want to tear my hair out because a groupmate isn’t able to find the rest of the group...
    Brohg, Eaedyilye and Outlander Engine like this.
  15. Angahran Augur

Clicky port to guild banner.
    Brohg likes this.
  16. Uzpredator New Member

I'd like a transportation device that will
    1. Will let you pull a player to your location no matter what zone there in.
    2. Will let you pull the whole group to your location.
    3, Or will let you use it to transport your self to the location your group is.
    4. Or a combination of any of the above,
    Basically a transportation device to get a player to your location who isn't in your Fellowship, or get you to your group.

Also a way to get to zones and not have to set the Portal Device ( like a map on the wall /or a location in the Guild Hall ) and not have to pay plat to reset the Portal Device.

More options for player-made housing items.

For the Circlet of Umbra to have cleric added to the class that can use it,

The ability to move your buffs around in your buff window so you can line them up in the order you would like in your buff window.

For everything to stack to 1000 ( inv pots, potions , etc)
  17. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

If it's free I can't complain. Remember, if there's too many complaints. DBG could just say "no more free stuff."

But if I could have what I want for free. It would be a fairy healer merc. I would be in EQ heaven.
    Nniki likes this.
  18. Nniki Augur

People enjoy free illusions; I love illusions, but I personally feel they're overdone. They used to be very limited, but now there are just so many... the marketplace is full of them, they are found in the Legends of Norrath card packs, and you can get one with each expansion purchase.

Titles are neat. I enjoy selecting the cool ones we can get from Slayer, raids, Hero's Journey, special events etc., but they take up a lot of screen real estate, so most people, especially those who raid, just type /showname 1 and, for the most part, never see them again.

Potions with a benefit might not be a bad idea to see in the form of a choice: experience, faction, or tradeskill, etc. similar to the window that pops up with the monthly 500 DBC marketplace reward. Pick the one that most benefits / interests you.

Bags... personally, I think bags are more suitable as something you have to earn within the game. I feel any sort of items with actual long-term benefit should be obtainable within the game, unless the intended use targets returning players and alternate characters. Bags, similar to gear, can provide an actual benefit that doesn't get replaced until an upgrade becomes available, whereas something like a title, ornament, or illusion is normally just for fun and a potion has a very limited duration. Bag space is always in desire though... I'm always running out despite 40 in each slot.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing more ornaments: a hat, sword, shield, etc. They have been giving hat ornaments as rewards to things like beta and the Quarm server. I like the concept, but for the most part, I can't say I have been a fan of the designs, but I appreciate receiving something. I know many people thought the Quarm Hat looked ridiculous, but I did enjoy that one... looking forward to more colors (maybe one day?). Speaking of ridiculous though... that Overthere Headwear; it was just too much... not for me. Same with the Sul Vius Denizen Disguise. I liked the Tricorne Hat, and I'd love to see a cavalier-styled hat! In general though, I prefer the simpler designs: ornaments that look like they naturally fit within the world — have a more classic look and feel to them.

Familiars... meh. Auto Leave checked. Metamorph at least provides pet users with some fun.

I think appearance-related items are the way to go, honestly. That way they don't risk providing players with benefits that become no longer obtainable, and players have a unique look that they can show off years into the future.
  19. Boze TLP complaint factory

Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would like a big bag(doesn't even have to be huge), that is restricted to only hold quest-items.
    Put it in your first bag slot, and you never have to look in your other overfilled bags for that quest-item you need. :)

I like bag setups that "auto-sort" by type! ;)