What exactly is Raiding lock outs ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, May 30, 2018.

1. Muji Augur

They should actually change the lockout to 3 days and 23 hours so we can raid the very few events we get, slightly more often.
  2. Thraine Augur

i don't personally see any issues with leaving things they way they are. if a guild choses to raid lockouts, who cares? and if they dont, who cares?

only 1 guild raids lockouts anyways, which proves they are prolly the only guild that truly cares about this "race". everyone else is just playing EQ :)
    Leex likes this.
  3. Repthor Augur

No point in changeing it. Why are ppl so bent out of shape that ppl raid lockouts anyway. Its a choice they make that others cant or wont. Thats life. I myself raid at 1:30am CET cuz i choose to raid with Triton thats US eastern time zone guild , even tho i live in Europe. Ppl make diffrent choices for diffrent reasons
    Leex likes this.
  4. Rickate Augur

Since around the time Fires of Heaven downed Nagafen and had to be handed loot by a GM since it was unitemized there has been interest by some participants and spectators of the "race". Whether or not the Halas Rogue GM is a raid target, whether or not the first two kills of Avatar of War by Legacy of Steel were "legit", whether or not mass farming of Soulfire (clickable by any class at the time) was "legit" and so on.

It's completely uninteresting at the moment, flexibility in real life schedules and willingness to alter sleep schedules to shave a day off a tier. Realm of Insanity is now over 2 years without an actual front page update because beating expansions first is apparently as exciting as tying their shoes.

Saturday 9am PT, Noon ET, evening in Europe, Sunday evening in the Pacific Rim, 20+ guilds flagged and 2 or 3 new raids to beat, would be an interesting day or three each year instead of RoI did their 3rd raid cycle on the 10th day and every other guild waited until the 11th day, the race is over for another year.
  5. Atvar Augur

What makes it uninteresting anymore is the lack of true competition. RoI took 7 days off this year due to the unprecedented mass suspensions given out in early January, was 4 days late in unlocking Tier 2, and ultimately gained a 2 day lead that same night. RoI then lost most of that lead when Venril Sathir event was bugged and took multiple days to hotfix, but still beat the expansion 3 days ahead of second place Triton.

You can look up the progression history of any guild and see that RoI is the only guild that consistently beats raid tiers the day they unlock. The only way it would be interesting is if the events were hard difficulty and not the average difficulty we've seen the past few expansions.
    Sancus likes this.
  6. Rickate Augur

Are the last two unbugged raids RoI attempted but didn't beat that raid session still Plane of War and Triune God?
  7. Atvar Augur

Uh.. maybe?

Looks like Anashti Sul in Tier 1 TBM needed a bug fix then RoI and MS beat it immediately after.
    Plane of War I think took a week or two of attempts off and on before beating it. I made a detailed post about this raid somewhere on the forums a year or so ago.
    Looks like a few of the Tier 2 raids in RoF took and extra day or two to get through. Xorbb 2 and 3 events were unable to start in a fresh instance and needed to wait for lockout timers to come up and/or a patch to fix.
    Then comes VoA with a lot of raids that took multiple days to work through.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Way I see it any guild that raids every day to down events an then raids the day those lock outs are now up. Are raiding lock outs.

The 3 days a week raid guilds are the people who are playing EQ =)
  9. Bigstomp Augur

What they should do is scale up the difficulty so they can open all the content on day 1, and being able to move to event 2 means you can beat event 1. Not that you can beat event 1 12 times.
    Let difficulty separate the guilds not alarm clocks.

I don't imagine the top 10 would shift positions a whole lot. But removing the artificial slow down of flagging would be nice.
    svann likes this.
  10. Leex Pewpewer

Well I mean, if we're talking post prog, RoI and Triton both raid less then 3 days a week..So you could say, we enjoy the game the most.
  11. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Hardly.
    "post-progression" anyone that has all events down completes all on 2days.
    The only issue is with how long a guild needs to beat an event first-time and then to do it "blindly" and with low numbers.
    (for some guilds it more "how long until they beat it with low numbers" or "with low DPS" or in general "with a sub-par roster" in the first place.)
  12. Thraine Augur

when im speaking with possible recruits about it i say .. "we raid lockouts, but on a nightly schedule"

so i guess the answer is different depending on who you ask .. if you ask a RoI guy does triton raid lockouts, the answer is no. but if you ask a casual guild the answer is yes.
  13. svann Augur

Semi agree. Some people would say that a 4.5 day lockout needs to be done every 4.5 days, and others would say raiding every 5th night is still raiding lockouts since its not raiding on a set day of the week like normal raiding.
  14. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Lockouts should be assigned randomly to screw with everyone's perfectly synchronized schedules. Additionally, difficulty levels should be assigned by guild tag. If ROI requests a raid, mob hit points and spell power should be increased by 100%. If any other guild requests the raid, its normal.

What I would really like to see though is for them to assign lockouts by 24 hour units and for older expansion lockouts to be dropped to 24 hours period. I imagine guilds that do older content will keep the same schedule they all ways do regardless, but it allows them to hit best target they can (unless it back to back nights) when they raid.
  15. Lianeb Augur

There is a reason they implemented the 4.5 day system over the old 5 day system. Ever time you raid on the 5th day your time slips a few min each raid. Right now you are able to raid on the 5th day. If they implemented the 24 hour blocks you would eventually have to wait 6 days based on time of kill and your next raid start time. If anything it should be like 4days 23 hours or something like that
    Tarvas and svann like this.
  16. Critts Augur

So what would happen if a guild dropped their tags before requesting then invited everyone back before the event started?
  17. Whulfgar Augur

So.. Ok.. Looks like every other guild in the top end.. seems to have different opinions about what raiding lockouts are.. Well thats good to know..

I do understand how guilds who raid every day until events are beaten (Triton) and then same day them lock outs are up would want to say thats not raiding lock outs because then it makes them sound more badass..

When as ive stated. To me an pretty much all guilds who raid 3 days a week no matter when lock outs come available.. They are lock out raiding.

Lock out raiding - same day lock outs become available.

Not lock out raiding - raiding same e dayz no matter what day lock outs become available.
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I think this sums it up pretty good. Depending on who you ask, you'll get a different answer.
  19. Allayna Augur

Guild Progression for Tier 3 - Veeshan's Peak

Guild
    Server
    Defeated
    Xegony
    2018-02-11 @ 14:11:40
    Povar
    2018-02-14 @ 19:18:26
    Drinal
    2018-02-18 @ 20:18:14
    Xegony
    2018-02-19 @ 20:51:09
    Bristlebane
    2018-03-01 @ 19:03:41

Top 5 guild listing for completing the current expansion.

ROI raided true lockout timers. That gained them a 3 day lead despite all the drama of cactikigate.
    As far as I know, the other top 5's raided the evening their lockouts were up.
    So...3 days, 7 days, 8 days, 18 days difference between #1 and #5 in the race DBG does not acknowledge or care about.
    Small drop in the bucket when you gotta farm it for the next year.
    Machin Shin will continue it's commitment to raid opening day and lockout nights, but not "true lockouts".
    Sindaiann likes this.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Honestly... if you're having fun playing EQ, that's what matters what way you're doing it. Not sure why anyone cares how another guild does things.