What exactly did you change regarding A_SliderBackground in the UI?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by JolineSZ, Jan 18, 2018.

1. JolineSZ Augur

This is thee first time I have no idea what you guys changed that broke my customer UI. Until today I always knew how to read the UIERROR file and what to fix. But this time I am totaly clueless.
    The UIERROR files states:
    UIErrorLog created at Thu Jan 18 19:27:42 2018
    [Thu Jan 18 19:27:43 2018] XML reference error! TextureInfo[4]:A_SliderBackground[389] referenced but NEVER declared!

[Thu Jan 18 19:27:43 2018] Error validating symbol table.
    [Thu Jan 18 19:27:43 2018] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

My template.xml says:
    <Ui2DAnimation item = "A_SliderBackground">
    <Cycle>true</Cycle>
    <Frames>
    <Texture>window_pieces01b.tga</Texture>
    <Location>
    <X>80</X>
    <Y>10</Y>
    </Location>
    <Size>
    <CX>2</CX>
    <CY>12</CY>
    </Size>
    <Hotspot>
    <X>0</X>
    <Y>0</Y>
    </Hotspot>
    <Duration>1000</Duration>
    </Frames>
    </Ui2DAnimation>

The default one says:
    <Ui2DAnimation item="A_SliderBackground">
    <Cycle>true</Cycle>
    <Frames>
    <Texture>window_pieces01.tga</Texture>
    <Location>
    <X>80</X>
    <Y>10</Y>
    </Location>
    <Size>
    <CX>2</CX>
    <CY>12</CY>
    </Size>
    <Hotspot>
    <X>0</X>
    <Y>0</Y>
    </Hotspot>
    <Duration>1000</Duration>
    </Frames>
    </Ui2DAnimation>

The only difference is that I use the 1b window pieces which have no influence on the declaration.

None of the windows that were changed 09.01.2018 even includes the Slider Background.

I am not alone getting this error btw. Do I now need to check every single xml of my UI to find this stupid slider ?

Thanks in advance for help.

Jojo
  2. JolineSZ Augur

Ok found the problem. grrrrr
  3. xukil of luclin Curator of a UI

Seems like it had nothing to do with A_SliderBackground...I checked every file and it was used in two different places and it was clearly defined.

I think the ui load process crashed before it got to the animations file. I fixed it in the UI that I use, but it was a stumper...:eek:
  4. JolineSZ Augur

I can tell you, I copied the the <SliderDrawTemplate item="SDT_DefSlider"> text from default template.xlm to my template.xml even it had exactly the same text, after that the UI worked. UIERROR message made no sense at all.
  5. Awesome X New Member

Was that all you did? Doesn't work for me. I ended up copying the entire template.xml to my modded folder and it had no effect either. Not that it should have, since both were the exact same size.
  6. JolineSZ Augur

Yes, but now I have weird things ongoing in my group window, I am going nuts here. Now suddenly the player names appear 3 x in my group window. Ahhhhhhh what did they do lol.
    [IMG]

[IMG]