What easy 2box for Coirnav?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sillyfish, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Sillyfish Elder

Never 2boxed before. Always played one character. Want to be able to make platinum and maybe farm some named. Here's what I know:

Enchanter/Cleric is the best. Apparently. This is due to charmed pets being the best damage/tank.

I don't like Enchanter, so that's out. I read somewhere that you need a Slow in order to duo named mobs. So maybe Mage/Shaman? I liked the idea of Mage/Druid. or Mage/Mage.

Educate me. I've only got hearsay and random posts to go on.

What's an easy 2box for the Classic and Kunark era of Coirnav if I want to farm some good money?
  2. Angrif Lorekeeper

Shaman/Mage works really well for me, especially as I've gotten my shaman pretty well geared to take a beating if slow is resisted at first. With the mage as the box, I can send in the buffed pet with taunt and it will hold aggro really well and tank just about any groupable mob and hold aggro. Add in the mage DS on the pet and how easy it is to hit the pet attack button and then occasional nuke button on my laptop for the mage and it's very easy.
    I use the 60 water pet most of the time and it tanks very well. I switch out to earth pet if things are tougher or more prone to running. Shaman dots are very powerful and rarely use more than one (i don't even typically use Bane of nife outside of raids, just the 49 one).

Druid/Mage is fine, but the druid will use more mana healing the pet than the shaman does with the combination of slow/heal. Ports are nice.

Mage/Mage could be good, but the pet heals suck before luclin. If you are just farming greens/greys for cash/finesteel/etc then it would be the fastest.
    Sillyfish likes this.
  3. BearmanSW Elder

The best way to make money is either find a niche item and farm it, or kill large amounts of dungeon trash mobs and loot gems and armor. High value camps will be locked down by 6-boxes, so that's out of the question.

Probably the most important spell to have for end-game camps in classic and kunark is slow. Those high-level mobs in Seb, for instance, can hit for 140...they will eat thru most pets and consume your healers mana if theyre not slowed.

I would suggest your group focus around either an Enchanter or Shaman.

With an enchanter you almost certainly need a healer. So, you'll want to pair ENC with SHM / DRU / CLR. This will almost certainly be a charm group.

With a shaman you have more flexibility. You can pair him with a melee and just standard tank and spank mobs or you can pair him with a pet class because the shaman slows will make the pets viable tanks. In my experience, shaman spells are resisted at a decent rate, so I really dislike playing one without an enchanter.

Good luck!
    Sillyfish likes this.
  4. Brunlin Augur

Mage/Druid is one of the top 2 box, and its very easy. Yes a Cleric/Chanter is the top dawg but its got more of a learning curve than a mage/druid. Shaman/Monk or Sk are also good two boxes but a melee makes it a little more difficult than a Mage/Druid.
  5. Sillyfish Elder

Thank you Brunlin.

I've decided I'm not going to go near things like Efreeti or whatever. They're just way too contested. Anyone have any advice on some cash camps (even if it's just good coin drops or gems or something) that I could do well as a Mage/Druid?

Seafuries maybe? My knowledge of true Classic era is limited.
  6. superman Augur

Ench has so many tools in kunark to solo it's rediculous. My 60 ench could solo prolly 85% of the disco camped with charmed illis wiz (gruplinort ph) i'm not sure any 2 box could do what an ench can solo I might be wrong /shrug, just thinking out loud tho, even if you don't charm, enchanters for pure cc and breaking camps are unbeatable in classic/kunark. would think shaman/ench with their 2 crap pets would still be awesome with shaman slows/ench haste both dot's and heals from shaman.
  7. Tachyon Augur

Necro/Shammy. Enchanters are fine leveling up, but you only need so many to raid.
  8. BearmanSW Elder

Agreed, enchanters have both of the overpowered early-game spells - charm and slow. Add a healer for some added security and you have a duo machine.

Shaman / Ench is a great combo, but can be slightly annoying without a reliable snare. You can get the troll shaman darkness necklace by like lvl 30, but the long cast time kinda stinks. I personally like the Ench / Druid combo early on...druid ports are more valuable than what the shaman brings to the table.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ditto on this if I were to start again on the new server or agnarr. I'd go back to this fun combo.
  10. Yruc Augur

What do peeps think of Druid / Bard?
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Bard DPS would make it pretty slow going IMO.
  12. BearmanSW Elder

It's doable, just generally slower and more dangerous than other charming duos. If you don't plan on charming, then you should pick up another hobby to occupy your time during 8 minute fights.

Bards really shine in full groups and lose luster as they get closer to soloing. They have some great tools for any situation, don't get me wrong, but an enchanter just has better versions of most of them.

Enchanters are muy boring on raids, however, so in that regard, a bard is much better.
  13. Poledo_EQ Elder

I definitely would do the ench/druid if I was starting over. The demand for clarity and for ports, so much money from that alone, nevermind fighting for contested mobs.
  14. BearmanSW Elder

I actually just went back onto ragefire and partnered up my old lvl 60 druid and lvl 60 enchanter and flew them over to Seb...was able to hold down all of disco and clear up the ramp to the bridge with that illis pet just smothering things. I needed the druid on like 7 different occasions when I needed a heal and I used him to DPS the named.

It's a lethal combo for sure.

The only annoying thing is that you're really only as strong as the mobs you fight...your power is generated from the mobs you're charming, so it's a bit tougher to, for instance, nuke low-level dungeons farming drops for tradeskills or something. I think that's a small price to pay though.
    Poledo_EQ and vanvittig like this.
  15. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

rogue/rogue, that way you can always backstab