what does shortly mean ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demi, Sep 15, 2021.

1. demi Augur

All #EverQuest servers will be taken down here shortly for up to 3 hours for emergency maintenance related to critical server stability issues.

I logged my toons out like 20 to 30min ago thinking servers were coming down .. but they are still up ? wish the dev's could be more detailed .. shortly is not a specific time .. say 1 hour etc..

Na lets make everyone log out and just say SHORTLY !!! well i'll pay my subs shortly .. how you like them apples !!
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Well, an emergency patch is not planned and thus the length of time needed to complete it is a variable. The AoC's are severely bugged and I assume that is the reason for the patch.
  3. EQ Dev Developer

We had some technical issues with the patch process that did not work, causing a delay. Sorry for the lack of promptness.
  4. Spacemonkey555 Augur

It's going down about now, was on 5 minute warning in game when I logged.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

Awesome. 7 day lockout on a mob that couldn't swap chars to loot because server locked.
    Herf and Kogmaw like this.
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I also found and reported an item dupe exploit...

Wish the messages were more visible, I was disconnected mid battle. Maybe make the last few pop in the middle of the screen like a raid emote.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Well, at least we know why now. :)

So, off to fire up FSX and fly somewhere I haven't been before. Perhaps a simulated bombing mission over %$#&* ^%@#$.
    Kogmaw and Qelil like this.
  8. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

10 bucks says their "fix" is not what we want....
  9. Randomized Augur

What exactly do "we" want

Because I'm thinking the your fuss with AoC doesn't line up with most others
    Ozon likes this.