What do you think happened with the EQ Next assets.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Strawberry, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Strawberry Augur

What do you think happened with the code libraries, writing assets, art assets and music assets of EQ Next.

1) they are collecting dust and no one is touching them

2) they are actively being used for a new game

I have hard time believing they would just collect dust, they hold some value and could easily be leveraged for another project.

What do you think.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

They're in the same white office supplies cardboard box in the closet the Vanguard and EQOA ones are in, on CD-RWs.
    Whulfgar, Duder, eepok and 1 other person like this.
  3. Fredescu Augur

They've hinted at wanting to use some of the ideas from it in a new EQ game. I imagine if anything is actively being used, its some of the design docs from that game. The more physical stuff like art and code is likely probably easier to just make from the ground up again.
    Tucoh likes this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I'd love to see EQ Mac code resurrected! Revive Al'Kabor Server!
  5. jeskola pheerie

I found the Star Wars Galaxies ones!

[IMG]
    Duder, Nennius and Bobbybick like this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

They are languishing on a network server, waiting for some intern to find it and develop a new EverQuest game.
  7. jeskola pheerie

Haha! Like when Matt Damon's janitor character finds and solves the math equation cleaning up the college in Good Will Hunting?
  8. Funky Augur

i just wish the LoN card game would come back around...
    Scornfire likes this.
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Guessing it's far more likely these assets are being used on an E m u l a t o r somewhere on the down low.

Daybreak probably didn't make them all, possibly they were licensed exclusively for that game and they can't even use them if they wanted.

Whatever their situation is with them, they won't be using them here in EQ (my prediction).

There are plenty of people who extracted them at the time, and have them on their machine though. Or it's even possible some people still have all the Landmark files to browse at their leisure. ;)

**edit**
    Oh yeah, they were SOE then anyway. Darkpaw games may not own any of those assets at all.
  10. svann Augur

The Russians got them!
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  11. Shanarias Augur

Probably "Bleachbit". :D
  12. Atvar Augur

This. It was such a well rounded game. It still kills me that they just shut it off completely.
    Funky likes this.
  13. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Just before Bethesda launched their Elder Scrolls 'Legends' CCG.

Which is now basically defunct.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

I heard a rumor that (tbh I am actually starting this one) this is an image of their break room now.

[IMG]
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

No kidding, I would buy one of these if I knew where to get it.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

This..

This .. is what happened to them LOL