What do our descriptors mean

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Jan 21, 2021.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

On these forums we have descriptors under our names. Has there ever been a list of what they all are? And how you get them?

Most of them appear to be post related.

For example, you may have been a member since the turn of the century but if this is your first post you are still "new member"

Many others are "augur" due to how many times they have posted.

While "journeyman" apparently has not posted as many times.

And I think "Elder" is in between.

Not talking about the ones for the staff - that's kinda self explanatory.

Like how did Nennius get Curmudgeon

Or I have seen Abazzagorath and I think there was a "merc hater" or "merc killer" and some others.

So anyone know? Or is this like the Epic retelling release that only "certain" friends knew the procedure;)
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

They are all post count related (except for reds). But we recently discovered you can edit it in profile settings.

I'm not sure it's always been that way. And I suspect it would change to the post counted related one again if you 'cross a threshold' there.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That was the first place I looked to edit mine and I don't see any way to do so.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I should have pointed out. The way we 'found out' was a newb came on with a custom one.

I'm guessing that permission was inadvertently set for a while, and has now been turned off again.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

La Mordida. :)

Since I am in a good mood :), I logged in, clicked on my name and then went to Personal Details and then I was able to enter a Custom Title.
    MasterMagnus and Elyssanda like this.
  6. dreamweaver Community Manager

No permissions have been turned on or off that I am aware of. I don't think there is any specific rule against custom titles as long as they follow the general forum rules. But yeah no permissions have been changed.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

Any "minimum post threshold" for any options?
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Under "personal details" right below where you select your avatar, there is a text field that says: "Custom title". "If specified, this will replace the title that displays under your name in your posts." I could probably enter another title there, if I wanted to. :)

My default title says "Augur" and I have 1884 messages and 998 likes...
    MasterMagnus and Rondor like this.
  9. Jokskilove Palzerker

That text field is not present on my account.
    But I did notice that if I click on the Badges, just below the Personal Settings, it says in a larger font:
    All Access Member: No
    which is incorrect. I wonder if that's related.

This is what the page looks like on my account:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/mpZ7fCcM9nu4UQox9
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. Jokskilove Palzerker

I just checked on another account that just registered for the forum, and the profile page looks the same.
    Those of you who have the field Jumbur mentions - how long have you been registered here? My account in 18 years old, but I only joined the forums here recently.
    *edit* got my badges, correctly identified all access, but that didn't change anything regarding the custom title. No idea how I got the title of lorekeeper.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  11. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

Hum I had the the box posting to see if worked
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  12. Jokskilove Palzerker

Seems about right, Gnome Slayer. Could you maybe take a look at your personal details page and see if there are any other glaring differences compared to mine?

Sincerely,
    Your dinner
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

[IMG]

Mine looks like yours. I see no 'Custom Title' field.

These are not the original forums, and I believe these started 2012-2013, I had an account on the original forums too.

Also I have belonged to many of their forums, EQ1, EQ2, Player Studio, Landmark alpha forums, Landmark forums, Can't remember if FreeRealms had one.

All of these forum accounts have been linked to my one and only main for over 20 years. I don't do alt forum accounts.

My current guess is:
    If you had an account on original forums, when they started this forum, your account came over but doesn't have access to that custom title for some reason.

*edit*
    I think Lorekeeper is a post count based name. You are at less than 100 posts.

*edit 2*
    You have an excellent LikeabilityRatio® with 61 posts and 70 likes.
    Jokskilove likes this.
  14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

15. Jokskilove Palzerker

Could it be trophy related?
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?help/trophies

Under my profile:
    Last activity:
    4 minutes ago

Trophies Awarded to Jokskilove

1. 50

Awarded: Dec 22, 2020

Scholar

50 messages posted!
    2. 15

Awarded: Dec 9, 2020

Lot of Likes

Your messages have been liked 25 times.
    3. 25

Awarded: Feb 20, 2020

Journeyman

You've posted 25 messages.
    4. 5

Awarded: Jul 15, 2013

Apprentice

10 messages posted.
    5. 2

Awarded: Nov 14, 2012

Somebody Likes You

Somebody out there liked one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
    6. 1

Awarded: Nov 10, 2012

First Message

Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Apprentice - 10 messages posted.

Journeyman - You've posted 25 messages.

Scholar - 50 messages posted!

Lorekeeper - Posted 75 posts

Master - 100 messages posted

Elder -

That is where my list of Trophies cuts off, doesn't tell me how many posts for Elder and anything after that.

So it looks like the custom title is trophy/post based
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Yeah, you have the 458 trophy points, I have 448. I forget what that last 10 points is, possibly a guide event?
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Birthday maybe.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I remember a number of years ago thinking it wasn't cool that I couldn't get those last 10 points.

It's my belief that those last 10 points are something no longer attainable.

Creation date for account might be right.
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I have 448 trophy points.
    I have all the available trophies, except the birthday one, and join date is may 1. 2016.

I don't remember if I had an account on the old forums, but I think I did...

edit: Just updated my info with my birthdate, it didn't give the birthday trophy, maybe it is a temporary trophy that is only active one day/year?
    MasterMagnus likes this.