What do Bsts get at 80+ that start giving them their identity?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Kalipto, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Kalipto Augur

I hear people say that beastlords start to come into their own in the 80's range. They say that's when the devs finally decided to work on the class and give them an actual identity. I've looked over the spells and AA's and I see that bsts get FD in Underfoot (level 80). But I don't really see much else that's new to them. There's a nuke combo thing that starts at that level range too.

What else are people talking about when they refer to this 80's level range? What is the beastlord identity? I understand it as a very hybrid class, tanky (with pet), reasonably good dps, spot heals, slows, and of course atk buffs. Oh yeah and Paragon. The class gets so much. But most of this stuff they have before the 80's.
  2. Conq Augur

They gain the abilities to overaggro with their BP clickies and screw up mob placements with their oversized & overaggroing pets. The only thing that makes up for these liabilities is paragon. Like paragon me. Single or AE? Yes.
    Conq
  3. Alnitak Augur

Iirc Feralgia and pet stance buffs (Protection/Agression) start at 86.
    And Harrow is lvl 80 attack, I don't remember at what level Primalist Synergy AA becomes first available.
    Those combined (Feralgia, Synergy, Protection) does make significant difference for a beastlord.
  4. Yasopp New Member

Nothing really different, just buff to the class overall. Bst from Secret of Faydwer to Underfoot is one of the weaker class, House of Thule catch them up. Pet do more dmg and tank better, personal dps get a lot better.

Dunno what Conq is complaining about Bst overagro, with Underfoot agro is non existent for Bst.

Edit: I think what people meant for identity is our group hundred hands and flurry disc.
  5. Treiln Augur

Just this I think mainly. They start coming into their own and being “valuable” to a group and doing better in solo/molo situations
  6. Szilent Augur

In the 80s beastlords gain huge skill cap increases in weapon skills (effecting accuracy) and Double Attack. There's the combo nuke you call out so they're not stuck using shaman spells, that's huge. New worthwhile combat abilities and AA button attacks. Aggression/Protection warder buffs at 86, the warder Salve heal becomes incredible starting at 81 & 86 (don't share timer!), Feral Swipe AA kick proc goes from 34(TSS) and 67(SoF, skipped a whole expansion to get…that) to 334 in Underfoot. Asp & Raven procs get added to the strikes. Resist lowering AA are introduced so bst spells will actually land.

Like, other than "I'm a KITTY and me and my PET kitty are ADVENTUWERS" - beastlords before these changes… like, they cast a mana regen buff that's like druids' skin, but don't have the rest of druids' kit. They cast an atk buff that's like shm Avatar, but they don't have the rest of shamans' kit. Dps is…not good. The pets exist, they can take some hits, but the pet heals are like necro pet heals and the bst doesn't get to set-and-forget with dot dps so they're basically sitting out a fight in order to "tank." Worse heals than rangers, no CC, just … nothin', from a class power perspective. The only reason to have a beastlord around before is because you like the player.
    Cadira likes this.
  7. Goodkitty Augur

Their identity starts at PoP S#####3## on monks on the parse.