What do armor slot colors mean?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Bher, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Bher New Member

I've noticed that different pieces of armor for my characters, when equipped, turn the slot that the armor is in to a purple or yellow shade. What's that mean?
  2. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

Yellow means that you won't get any benefit at all from wearing the item because it has a tag (race, class, prestige) which doesn't match your character. Prestige tag means you need All Access to wear the item, race/class should be self-explanatory.

I forget exactly what turns stuff purple. I think it may be from having a prestige augmentation in non-prestige gear without being All Access -- the aug wouldn't give stats but the gear itself still would (I think).
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The coloring can also be due to level restrictions, in addition to race/class/prestige. And there may also be items with deity restrictions.

Tat
  4. fransisco Augur

An item with a augment you cannot use will be purple (item is usuable but augment might be prestige or have a level restriction). In that case, you get the benefit of the item, but not the augment.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Last time this happened to me, I did not get the benefit of the item. I had an aug which I didn't notice was above my level. Instead of gaining 200 HPs (from the aug), I lost 2000 HPs (the value on the armor piece).

Tat
  6. Borek-VS Augur

It was changed a while ago (years). Now unusable augs shouldn't reduce item stats.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Just happened to me at the end of December, so, apparently still happening :)
  8. Borek-VS Augur

Huh. Thanks for checking.