What did you change with the Patcher that is effecting windows stacking

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Coruth, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Jinaabi New Member

Well, in the launchpad, I selected 'logout' for each account, then relogged in. It seemed to fix all the wierdness... except the attaching.
  2. Falos Augur

I wonder if the change to how they made logging persist across multiple accounts in an eq folder led to this 'nerf' to the station launcher.
  3. meee New Member

i am 5 boxin , and have this on both my computers, super annoying. Please fix it back to how it was ! please
  4. magic mike New Member

I really hope this was just a mistake on launching new expansion and they soon find the solution
  5. Silencer New Member

I am waiting for some news on this then
  6. Ruther New Member

Changing windows taskbar grouping to off didnt help to fix it for me
  7. Angela New Member

Heard they look into it, but no confirmation on this really
  8. Leerah Augur

Not only was it not an issue on beta, it wasn't an issue when the servers first came up. It didn't happen til later on Weds. SHould be easy to track down what they pushed after the servers came up on Weds.
  9. Skelld New Member

Hi all, long time reader first time poster here. :)

I think I may have a solution to this. It worked for me anyways.

WARNING: You have to be comfortable with editing your registry!

1) Run regedit.exe
    2) Open HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -> Applications
    3) Right click Applications and make a new "Key"
    4) Name the new Key "eqgame.exe" (without the quotes)
    5) Inside eqgame.exe, make a new "String Value" called IsHostApp

Now start EQ though the EverQuest shortcut like normal and viola! (I hope this helps somebody.)

- Skelld

If your curious how I figured this out, I basically did this in reverse:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/84690-taskbar-grouping-appid-not-working.html
  10. Oculus Elder

That's way out of my league unfortunately but thanks just the same.
  11. Scarborough New Member

For those of you struggling with the windows this is your answer for now. With this you have the option to turn off grouping of the windows and you can re order them to your hearts content....its also a 1 minute job to download and install. Works a treat for me and some others I've talked to.
  12. moogs Augur

This is the correct workaround. When configured, it works exactly the way you used to, including swapping tiles. A workaround is not the same as a fix. SOE is clearly at fault, and no one should be have to install 3rd party software in order to maintain functionality that we have had since 2009.
  13. Oculus Elder

Groovy

I'll be trying this as soon as I'm off work.
  14. Leerah Augur

Oooh I love editing my registry. Haven't had much opportunity since I installed Win7 except once when I caught a virus. I'm going to try that one instead. I'm very amazed how you found that though.

Update. It worked! Was cool because I just made my first new key in my registry and it was easy.

If someone's going to try this, make sure you get Applications, not Application which is up higher on my tree.
  15. Maasq New Member

Just to add to the +1 for the registry hack. Quick and easy.
    Well done that man.
  16. Oculus Elder

Taskbar tweaker worked like a charm.

Thanks for the tip.
  17. Sinc New Member

The regedit fix worked flawlessly.
  18. meee New Member

regedit worked for me too.
    Now I need another hack to get rid of the information window that pops up once in 24 hours , please :)
  19. Leerah Augur

What information window?
  20. Mary Poppins Augur

Thanks Skelld, this worked for me too.

For those of you who might be hesitant to try this, Skelld's instructions were pretty much spot on and easy to follow even though I don't know what the hell I'm doing. As Lee mentioned, make sure you go all the way down to "Applications" (plural) - I ran into an "Application" first, but the correct one was way further down for some reason. That was the only tricky part - everything else was really straight forward.