What did you change with the Patcher that is effecting windows stacking

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Coruth, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Coruth Augur

Before this patch when I logged on each multiple instance of EQ:
    1) Each char popped up as a separate Horizontal Icon that I could move the order around on.

After this patch, when I logged on it "Stacked" them on top of each other.

As a Temporary Work around I went under Taskbar Propteries and changed Taskbar buttons to "Never Combine"

That unstacked them and put them back horizontally ....

BUT they are still linked. If I go to move one of the three toons around, it moves all 3 EQ instances.

What did you change, and can you change it back?
    Leerah, Tarvas and Mary Poppins like this.
  2. Kutsmuffin New Member

This is big for people who box and has been mentioned many times with no dev response. Would really like to see a fix - having to unstack on the taskbar is a pain when I do want other programs to stack.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  3. Mary Poppins Augur

I third this motion. This change was an unpleasant surprise this morning.
  4. Moklianne Augur

Don't like the sound of this...
  5. Toquillaw Augur

Yes, I agree completely. They need to fix this, I have the icons in a specific order with the traders off to the left edge. Eight now they always stay whereever they are loaded. This needs to fixed.
  6. jarsh92 Elder

Yes its a big pain in the butt. I hope they get us a fix or better workaround. I like being able to box without having to use third party software.
    Moklianne likes this.
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Horrid. When I did your fix it made my taskbar fat :(

Thanks for the work around though. Hopefully they get this fixed.
  8. Rogue Augur

This is the most annoying thing ever, why was this done
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Probably unintentional.
  10. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I would guess a fix to play nice with windows 8?
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

12. Kreacher Augur

Grats on King Tormax :)
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

EQ plays just fine in Windows 8, before this.
    Leerah likes this.
  14. Coruth Augur

I am pretty weak at comps. Whag do you set yours at?

And can you reorder chars like if I start with

War cleric bard. And later want to rearrange the toons to bard war cleric can you with this program even after wed patch?
  15. Endiment Scale Tailed

It worked fine with Windows 8 before the patch, they didn't need to fix anything for it.
  16. Porterz73 Augur

Are we all sure this is a EQ patch problem and not a Microsoft problem. Note My Windows 7 patched at same time. (Task bar was behaving differently for programs that are not EQ related )

Just a thought
  17. Liliana Augur

It's EQ related, my test server windows bugged with the test patch a few days ago while live server windows were still working fine prepatch at the same exact time
  18. Gr8fuldave Augur

I am having the same issue. Please revert this! I like to rearrange my toons on the taskbar.

Thanks!
  19. Oculus Elder

Yes....please fix this

I 4 box and run 3 accounts on the same desktop.

I too made it to never combine tiles which is fine as long as you log the toons in in the correct order. If one crashes (which is pretty likely) when you log it back in its in the wrong position on the tool bar. This super sucks for boxers because its important that each toon instance stays in the same position on the tool bar. The hunt and peck method of looking for which tile is your enchanter is usually not a recipe for success.

Its odd though....I also installed this on my laptop which is also 7 and it still runs like it did pre-patch.
  20. jarsh92 Elder

Are you saying you re-installed (as a Fresh install) and it doesn't tile the windows? I have EQ on 3 different machines I use from time to time, and it is stacking on all 3 now from Wed patch.

Could you check to see if you have a windows update still to do? If its a windows update doing it, then Im doing a rollback.