What can I do with painting (from crates) when there is no housing on my server.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Asurbanipal, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Asurbanipal New Member

I play on agnarr, where there is no houssing.

What am I supposed to do with painting I find in crate boxes?
    Exept maybe deleting them to save invetory space ?
    I'm a bit upset because I just got the same one 3 time in a row just after an almost also useless music box.
    I'm not super familiar with the game. What are my options ?

Also where can you find the statistic for the content of the box ?
    They are law now (when they are not simple prohibited like in Belgium and Netherlands) that require the editor of the game to provide these information about loot boxes.
    I tryed to find these informations without susccess.

thanks all.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You should make a level 1 on Tunare and sell them to me

Usually a google will show you what the item does, like a port or spell etc. But if your still having problems finding what they do then just ask here and we can tell you.

Some of them are very valuable. They come out of the box as a "prize" so are tradable until a character opens them. That is why you can put them in shared bank and then pick them up with an alt and sell on that server .

I have no idea why Heritage Crates are not considered loot boxes in EQ, but they're not.

What are you hoping to get from them anyway?
    Aiona likes this.
  3. Asurbanipal New Member

Thanks for your reply and help.
    I don't think I can trade from Agnarr to another server, at least I'm sure I won't be abble to trade back from another server to Agnarr (its a locked TPL server).
  4. Iven Antonius Bayle

They are legal loot boxes. They are illegal in some countries/corporations. Basically the loot of all raid mobs and many quest rewards (like chests with random loot) can be considered as loot boxes but it does also depend on the gambling factor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loot_box
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

You'd need to create a character, level it up to 20 (?) and then pay for a server transfer. No going back to Agnarr after that either.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think this is a better viewpoint:

The government believed that, although loot boxes had some similarities with gambling, an important distinction was the ability to “cash out rewards”. The government said that a loot box prize “does not normally have real world monetary value outside of the game

7. Iven Antonius Bayle

"The government" is undefined so please define one. The government of California through The Supreme Court of California ?
  8. Herf Augur

The short answer here is:

On Agnarr don't buy loot boxes unless you're willing to gamble away a lot of money on buying DB store points. Been there, done that. Instead, either spend your monthly 500 DB store points on xp potions, or claim them to save up for a worg mount. After that save the points for other potions or maybe ornamemnts, though for most ornaments you have to spend $$ to buy Hero's Forge feature on each toon that wants to use ornamemnts.
  9. Aneia Master

I believe you can put the paintings on your teleport keyring if that feature is unlocked on Agnar.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not all paintings are ports. Most of them are just decorations for your house, guild hall. Which is why OP is a little upset.
    Nennius likes this.
  11. Asurbanipal New Member

The answer from the customer services is :

How do you "USE" them ? Do they mean look at them in my bag ?
    I loot pleanty of useless stuff I can look all day long, thats called cash item.
    And this one I payd aproximately 5$, not the reverse.
  12. Loup Garou De loop de loop

If the wrapped painting is one of the valuable ones that convert to a port item then you can click on it from your inventory and get ported to the destination listed on it

Which one did you get?

My suggestion for the future is to just use your $5 Day Break Cash you get each month and then its not out of your pocket - although I am not sure how much your saying you paid.

Many of use don't like what we get for one reason or another but thats the way it is.
  13. Asurbanipal New Member

I got 3 wrapped painting of a tavern (and twice the same in a raw)
    It does only say that this is usable in yards, guild yards, houses and guild halls.

On Agnarr we have access to none of thoses.
    Herf likes this.
  14. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Yes, those are likely port paintings. Slugs Tavern, Lion's Mane Tavern, Tassel's Tavern and Toadstool Tavern are all ports.

Yes, I understand that on your server you cannot use those.

Yes, they should have something in place to stop TLP from being able to purchase items they cannot use.

But I am sure you got other items with the crates - are any of those usable on your server?

Since I am not familiar with TLP I don't know if TLP have the achievements that you can earn from collecting them.
  15. ForeverCold New Member

oh yah, now they gonna remove some packs because of you.
    Next time can you close your big mouth? we had something nice for the first time on the server
  16. Asurbanipal New Member

Why remove the packs ? Maybe just rewrite the description so you do not feel scammed would be enough.
    You have to unwrap the painting (so make it not tradable) to see it's a Téléport.
    It's a bit like rolling for a no drop item and you can only know if it's for you class when it arrive in your bag.