What are Warrior Advantages compared to Knights?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Bamp, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fyrerock Augur

What is the biggest reason that casuals play this game, is to to grind out endless amounts off AA's, or can it be to get a chance and improve there gear by killing named mobs? So are you that jealous about knights abilities that you want knights nerfed to the point that only warriors can tank the named mobs in the group game. That the group equipped knight job is only to grind AA's while warriors run from group to group getting invited to kill a named that a group with a knight spawned, is that really what you want. Or that paladins should be punished for having self heals, by only being able to tank in zones that have undead in them. Lets forget that fact that you have very few undead zones for paladins, but someone that pays for this game should be only allowed to tank in a small number of zones just because they have self heals.

When was the last time that SK were used to pull names, or even to coffin. Many classes can pull this days, and a lot faster and better then a SK can, and todays game is not like the old days, where CC was really needed and very few classes had any ability in it. The SK ability to pull with a low level dot was nerfed a long time ago, and for the most part CC has gone with the dodo birds.

Not that long ago during underfoot, the knights in my guild who had over 4K in AA's back then, needed the warrior's in my guild to get them flagged for cooling chamber, because wearing ancient heroes raid flagged gear, was not enough to keep them alive during the mission tasnise underbelly.

I have been playing a long time, so trying to pull the wool over my eyes is not going to work, I too remember doing LDon missions back in the day, and guess what it was easy, nobody waited for aggro not if your group was wearing raid level gear, in fact I hated Ldon just because it was so easy, that people ignored all types of CC, and just nuked, and mobs would ping pong all over the place. I even remember doing Ldon with a bard doing the tanking and playing his AE dot song to keep aggro.
  2. Ashigaru Augur

Unfortunately, the thread has devolved into a Class Envy type thread, and will probably be locked by dev's, as per the thread in the main forum
  3. Mistatk Augur

Part of the solution may require actually having raid bosses hit like raid bosses again, as the first step.

Very much agree.

You make raid bosses hit like they should, upgrade warriors final stand, so that they are the clear choice to tank it, then fix all the broken and useless secondary skills warriors have, like the previous poster outlined. You would be well on the way to improving things.
  4. sojero One hit wonder

In a response to all of the self healing envy in this thread, you do realize that sk/pally self healing is reported on parses regardless of the fact that they may be at 100% health (it will show the full amount of the heal, not just the amount healed). Where others healing them it will only show the amount healed. That is the reason they always top the heal parses. When tanking a raid boss, not add, the server side lag makes it to where there is very little change that a sk or pal can time their heal to the point that they are intentionally saving themselves, it is more of a do it cause it might save me. I know when i tank, i tap like no tomorrow between my agro abilities just to give the healers an easier time, in case they have to move or get stunned or anything, and most of the time it doesn't help much. Also SK will top parse because of visage + epic, when we burn we heal ourselves for so much that there is no way anyone else is going to top our healing. Therefore those parses are not a good indicator and are being used subjectively to make a point without including key pieces of the data. Therefore i do believe that a 10% mitigation boost is enough over knights, because your mitigation is all the time, when self healing is activated or random depending on the method and cannot be relied on.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  5. Mistatk Augur

I cant comment on individual spells for knights, I know they have something similar to warriors scorn, but way better, and something like a self buff called stance. Point being, they don't just sit there and caster greater heal as there only spell.

From another angle. Would you say 3 months ago Palidins were terribly underpowered relative to warriors? I myself did not see that, I have seen palidins as doing very well. So, fast forward to one month ago and a decision is made to add into the game a new defensive 36% mitigation disc for palidins. If they weren't previously under powered, where does that move them to? It isn't useless. It didn't do nothing. So what comparably happened with warriors during that time. Well, that concept has been going on for years now. You don't have to nerf warriors, if you add more and better spells, discs, abilities to knights relative to them, over time they become nerfed. At this point, you would almost have to give warriors splash heal/cure to balance em. Obviously, warriors are never getting spells. So where in balance does knights gaining a 36% new disc fit in. What was the recent catalyst for that being needed.

Topic of this post: what are the advantages to playing a warrior over knight.

One of the top 5 tank classes? Doesn't cause healers to waste mana by self healing over top of their heals? Doesn't have to earn as many aa's as a knight?
  6. Piestro Augur

For most guilds warriors are still the clear choice. For the very top of the top end, it's a less clear choice because they don't need what warriors bring to the table as much. Warriors still do a good job for them, other tanks may do equally. I'm willing to bet some raid bosses could be tanked by non tank classes by these guilds. Maybe something fun to try on alt night.

Warriors don't fail in groups, they tank group content just fine in a competent group. I do believe they benefit from a real healer more than some other tanks do because of differences in the way various class mechanics work. Whether this is an issue that needs to be addressed is up to the systems devs, and I'll leave it to them. This thread has been forwarded on previously, the team is aware.

This thread has indeed run its course. I'll go ahead and lock it.
    Tegila likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.