what are the shaman doing with their new spell gem?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by shruggz, Dec 19, 2017.

1. shruggz Elder

I'm undecided at the moment, and considering ideas
  2. Brohg Augur

I presumed it'd be gobbled right up by the third fast-casting Reckless.

The other option is more dots, since the Combo spells don't work now
  3. Jetslam Augur

Bingo!

This is exactly what I'm doing on raids. My lineup for raids (when I'm healing) currently is:
    Gift
    Splash
    Reckless 110
    Reckless 105
    Reckless 100
    Group HoT
    Recourse
    Intervention
    Lion
    Alliance
    Unity
    Growth
    <Wildcard>

The 13th slow varies between mending(if I know I'm gonna be spam healing a tank) or aoe slow or cure. Unfortuantely, the AA that boosted the recast of our reckless line doesn't affect the whole line and just the 105/110 versions. This means that we can't just spam our 3 as there's a sec or two between the rotation. Mending is nice to have to have when a heal is needed for a tank right away or a group member out of range.

With twincast/splash filling in that time though, it's only a couple times on an event that I use mending. There's nothing else really that can be used in the raid game I've found for that 13th spot other than as a utility/event specific gem. Feel free to recommend something I could be overlooking.
  4. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

MOAWR SHAWMAN DAWTS!

also, the casted canni will be necessary for folks who aren't up to snuff in their gear if they're using RoS spells.
  5. Moege Augur

People are overlooking that they need to max out Gift of Mana, there is a extra rank of it for 110 and below spells.
  6. Jetslam Augur

While learning new events, I can't justify not spam healing/splashing to do dots. Especially with the T1 mechanics of tons of adds/aoes.

For events that are a single boss or don't have much AOE, then I certainly load up dots. With the lack of combination spells for the 106-110 dots it becomes a bit harder to make room for all 7 even with the extra gem. Was 2nd on the dps parse(lost by 9m to a necro) on a recent prince win with a death before I started my burn. Was in my standard melee group so not optimal adps. Shaman dps certainly isn't dead but will require a bit more work now as it's 7 casts vs 5 for full dots.
  7. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

to summarize: "our tanks aren't good enough and/or we don't have enough clerics so I don't dot" =P.

without having to load a cure for any of the T1 events, that's a prime dawt slot! I mean, rezzing is MUCH more mana efficient than healing.... and if you don't heal you totally have more time to dawt!
  8. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

anyways, my lineup for ros t1 raids:
    top 3 reckless in slot 1 2 and 3
    heal over time (group) slot 4
    recourse slot 5
    intervention slot 6
    lion slot 7
    twincast nuke slot 8
    splash slot 9
    alliance slot 10
    single target unity slot 11
    slow proc buff slot 12
    growth slot 13.
  9. Brohg Augur

Lassitude (née Sluggishness) ? It's a fine pre-fight buff, but feels like a waste of a fighting slot. If the HoT is disirable, the one from Counterbias is hella stronger :)
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

on add heavy raids, rebuffing any tanks that die with it minimizes the time that adds are not slowed, especially when chanters are otherwise occupied with stunning/CC. as usual, exact spell lineup depends on your guild and raid makeup.

I suppose I should acknowledge that it is the first spell to get swapped out when a cure is needed.
  11. Leigo You come here often?

I have thought about running 3 reckless, but here's my raid lineup:
    1 reckless 110
    2 reckless 105
    3 recourse
    4 intervention
    5 HoT
    6 Swell
    7 Gift
    8 Growth
    9 Single Unity
    10 Slow proc
    11 Alliance
    12 Canni
  12. nicoftime New Member

it amazes me to see shamans not dotting on raids, they are by far some of the best sustained dps in the game with canni, and use of spiritual whatever(aa that uses hp as mana) shamans are no longer straight healers on raids, if im out dpsing the necros and mages and wizzies, why should i be group healing? let the rangers do that
    kizant likes this.
  13. kizant Augur

To be fair, the devs probably don't know how good Shaman DPS is and the class is probably 'intended' to be a healer. So, you could get in trouble for exploiting if you do too much DPS.
    Sancus likes this.
  14. nicoftime New Member

LOL, I HOPE NOT IM STILL SERVING 2 WEEKS FOR THE OT MISSION
  15. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

1) bottom line: if you're out DPSing necros and wizards, you need to get better necros and wizards.
    2) what DoTs do you suggest then? Whatever they are you should be able to sustain them + spamming heals w/o going out of mana on a 20 minute event.
    3) shaman dot dps isn't overly slack, 100k DPS is easily sustainable on a single mob if there's enough debuff slots available... 60-70k on multiple... but zerkers, necros, wizards, BST, etc should all be eclipsing your #s... they should all be putting out 2 or 3x what you are. if not, it's more of a statement about how horrible they are at their class than how good you are at yours =).
    4) healing is your primary role as a shaman. if you don't believe that then ask yourself... would the raid benefit more from me keeping the group alive during this event or from my uber awesome DPS... if the answer is dps then you're an idiot, but you're an idiot after my own heart =)

in conclusion... MOAWR SHAWMAN DAWTS!
  16. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

somebody's still bitter about cheaters getting a slap on the wrist for cheating.....
  17. kizant Augur

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you don't get a simple joke. Considering you seem to be pretty clueless about shaman DPS potential.
  18. Sancus Augur

I appreciate that you casually neglected to mention Mages.
    Cicelee likes this.
  19. Moldar Augur

Or Rangers.
  20. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

alrighty mr wizard. please do tell me about shaman dps potential that doesn't result in group deaths. i'll wait.