What are the needed changes in current day EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Reval Augur

One thing to mention is that you can make hotkeys that add or remove a few, I think the command is something like blockspell add me # where # is usually given as the URL in Lucy. They did a good job making each url for any buff/spell in lucy equal it's in game identification number.

You can type /blockspell (I think that's it, I'll respond later when I get to a computer with eq on it if not) and it will give you the help for using it. If the syntax is right, you could do (assuming 13113 was the id of a beneficial spell)

/blockspell add me 13113
    /blockspell remove me 13113
    /blockspell add pet 13113 (and remove of course)

With this sort of thing, you can make social hotkeys that change your blocked buffs with a bit more convenience than the other method.

I still would say that overall that is a good suggestion, but if they don't do it, I hope that this is useful information.

edit, I totally sniped Phrovo, but his command was probably the right one.

edit, also Phrovo's point of blocking multiple spells is great.
    Ryanxp likes this.
  2. Phrovo1 Augur

find the IDs of the spells you want blocked and make a macro to block them/unblock them. I just tested and found out that you can block/unblock multiple spells at the same time

For example, lets say you want to block:
    Ardent Light rk2 (43158)
    Promised Rehabilitation rk2 (43179)
    Ardent Elixir rk2(43131)

you would type:
    /blockspell add me 43158 43179 43131

and it would add the rk2's of all of those to your blocked spells. I think it was also changed so that blocking the rank of a spell blocks the lower ranks of the line too, not sure if it means that you can still get the rk3 version of the spell casted on you

to remove, just type
    /blockspell remove me x

edit: damn, sniped

also, raidloot is a great place to get spell IDs
  3. Xulore Lorekeeper

Yeah things dont allways work out.

Ya know like, you app a guild, and some big headed chanter who thinks highly of himself makes you play a diffrent class than the app, bc they want the skill, but ....

I knew why you did it after i saw your grummus burn.

my 1000s sustained parses on a chanter > your grummy burn lol.

Axxius is twice the raid leader you are, Tritons dps was alot stronger than yours 3 months before you beat the expan, your group make ups (as far as adps efficantcy) were flat wrong ... ..... how ever did u pull it off? Maybe the rumors are true ... :p

make you remarks elsewhere, i expose noobs.
    Ryanxp likes this.
  4. Sindaiann Augur

LOL no idea who you are and don't care. Last I checked I had Triton members asking me for strats in T3

But yea I am horrible
  5. Phrovo1 Augur

guessing someone failed to remember that Gamparse freshly install with no changes to settings will track Grummus the entire event? i mean, 2 minutes of not attacking a mob that is going to drop in a minute or less and having it count against you does generally bring down your dps

also, was going to say reduce how hard dying screws melee vs casters but it looks like the newest patch indirectly addresses that (in a bad way)
  6. Arkanny Augur

if i could wish for a single thing, it would be an all new graphics engine, capable of things like UE4.
    Call it Everquest Rebirth and sell as an expansion and ill buy it!
    Kajira and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. Wizlard Augur

Less threads whining about every little change made. More people on forums who aren't just there to cry about everything.
    Perplexed likes this.
  8. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I'm sure it would be so easy to do that.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

What is your reasoning behind saying this? Assuming everything was truly equal, they would yield the same profit. But in reality, every individual transaction has overhead: a charge for the financial transaction itself, paperwork (including taxes), and customer service/complaints/refunds. If I was operating a business, I would strongly prefer a model that minimizes the number of transactions and maximizes the amount of each transaction. One is literally 10x more work and 10x more chances for problems.
    svann likes this.
  10. Lily Augur

I'd like to be able to pan the camera while hovering when dead,
    It would be nice to see our "eye" on the map,
    Would also like to see pets on the map,
    Trade skill vendors in the guild hall,
    Guild bank in PoK,
    Ability to merge stacks in housing storage,
    Parcel NPCs that aren't also vendors (I've accidentally sold too many things thinking I was sending them),
    This one I know will be controversial: casters have long had permanent invis, druids, rangers etc, had instant invis. It seemed to be a fair trade off. Now that those classes with instant-cast invis also have permanent invis, I would really love for the casters to be able to cast instantly.

Lastly, when, oh when can we have the old Freeport back??
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Another thing to add to the list:

3. Skill ups need (another?) boost. I'm talking about spell casting skills, specifically, though other abilities like Forage could use it as well. As fast as it can be to level in this game, it gets really tiresome to have to sit somewhere and spam some low level spell in order to raise your spell skills.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  12. Leigo You come here often?

Please.. make cleric spell haste override older/lesser versions.. getting bufflocked because you went afk in buff pile for an hour and have 6 different blessings on is pretty bad.
    Chatoyan and Yinla like this.
  13. Brohg Augur

As long as we're wishing, my wish ain't going to be a small one. I want to burn the bazaar down and have a more modern auction window. Having to not-play a whole account just to engage with the game economy is terrrrrrribibble.

Oh, and 100% anti-interested in anything PVP. If I wanted that there's 1mil non-EQ game options
  14. asfasfasfasf Augur

There is not a single game like I described. But there is a million non-EQ PVE games, and guess what, they have an auction house!
  15. Lheo Augur

NO MORE NERFS BUFFS ARE WELCOME!!!
  16. Brohg Augur

Including EQ. EQ is not like that. And I'm anti-interested in it becoming that.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, well played :)
  18. Reval Augur

That guy at this point is probably the strongest enchanter in the game. Even if he misparsed it, my money would be on him vs anyone else in the game given fair groups as far an enchanter parsing goes.
  19. CrazyLarth Augur

I would love ability to take a full bag and try to empty the items in the bank in one click.
    Thrillho likes this.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You can (kind of) do that, already. Especially if you already have similar items in the bank, and you just want to add to the stacks.

The first point is that you can move items from one container to another by picking up the bag with the items (it's on your mouse cursor) and hovering over the target container, and control-left clicking. The items in the source bag will move to the target bag, provided there are open slots, or that they stack with something in there.

When moving things to the bank, you can control-left click over each bag you have in there, til everything is moved from the original bag. Obviously, if you have things sorted by bag in the bank, items won't know which empty slots they're supposed to be in, so you may wind up with things not where you want them. This works best when clearing tradeskill items. If you have a TS only bag in inventory, it will fill up as you hunt. Then when you get to the bank, you can empty it into the TS bags you keeps in the bank, and, viola! You have everything stacked up in the bank, in just a couple of seconds.

Tat