What are all these disciplines!?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Sinestra, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Sinestra Augur

I had an old Berserker that was level 15 that I used as a tradeskill mule for a few years and I decided to use my free heroic character on her. So after playing around with it, I decided to start making my hotkeys and looking through her disciplines...after two hours I was still kind of lost.

There are so many and you can barely tell which ones are just upgrades of previous ones. I filled up like 4 hotbars and the combat window. I don't play any melee only characters really except my monk who is level 50. All these disciplines at once are just confusing as hell.

Anyone know which ones I should be using at 85? I love reading the descriptions, but often they are vague, completely lacking in some information, and some you can't tell if they are upgrades. Then there are the ones that never get upgrades like fearless so you can't just take the highest level ones and go from there.
  2. Potawatomi Augur

3. Phrett Augur

Lol, now you know why we ask for any future changes from the devs to come in by way of passive abilities. Playing a berserker to it's fullest potential means treating your keyboard like a piano in the Philharmonic Orchestra.
  4. Sinestra Augur

That is understandable, I mean I have this problem with all my SKs AAs as well, but I got them one at a time and they have been much better managed by the dev in charge of them. I filled up about three hot buttons with all my SKs AAs, but I only use a few of my combat abilities.
  5. Tobynn Augur

Sort the combat abilities window by timer type. Hotkey the highest level disc for each timer type. With a few exceptions, you won't be using much else. That's the quick and dirty way to make some sense out of a completely unfamiliar disc list.
    Potawatomi and Sinestra like this.
  6. Sinestra Augur

Tobynn, I did finally do this last night, but it was still a bit confusing. It's a good piece of advice. Sometimes I just wish it would grey out the names of spells/abilities that have upgrades. I was worried about missing one that might be important even reading all the descriptions.
  7. Behelit Augur

skill attacks at 85: Overpowering Frenzy, Eradicator's Volley, Axe of Rallos, Vigorous Axe-Throw

^mash those and regular Frenzy. can also mess around with Combat Frenzy proc.

discs at 85: Berserking disc, Vengeful Flurry, Cleaving Anger, Reckless disc.

Cleaving + Reckless share a timer.

Savage Spirit is our most powerful disc, but thats an AA and you need to stack Reckless Abandon, Juggernaut Surge, Cascading Rage, and 2nd or 3rd spire with it.

http://raidloot.com/Spells.aspx?view=Table&class=Berserker

no need to rely on the often lacking in-game descriptions of discs/skills, its best to always just look them up so you know for sure
    Sinestra likes this.