What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by yodo, Jan 14, 2013.

1. yodo Augur

Hi, I recently started playing again and am trying to level my Ranger. ATM he's 79 with ~575 AA (about 80% offensive but split between melee and bow). My dps is pitiful, I see other people around the same level killing things in 1/4 the time without taking damage and not even needing a merc (I use journeyman tier 1 healer). My gear is mostly the rec lvl 80 defiant and hot zone quest gear with decent(I think) weapons.

Also I see people in my guild going from like lvl 80 to 90 in a day without any type of PL or anything yet I sit and grind for hours to get maybe 20% of a level. They're probably using a exp pot and whatnot but that's still a huge difference
  2. beryon Augur

Dinging level 80 lets you use HoT gear which is a huge step up from Defiant. Defiant is garbage at higher levels.

Are you using Lesson of the Devoted? That makes a nice difference if you log in a little each day. 20% per session isn't bad. 80-90 in a day is clearly an exaggeration. Also, you're a ranger; use headshot!
  3. yodo Augur

Ya I do use lesson and unfortunately 80-90 in a day isn't and exaggeration.

edit: and the only decent headshot place I could find is c1 in PoF which is just about always taken.
  4. Mellifleur Augur

5. Talif Augur

You should ask those guildies what they're doing to level up so quickly. Their first hand experience is likely more valuable than random suggestions from people on the forums here.
  6. Symbius Augur

80 to 90 in one day sounds like a PL to me... OR, just a box using the now obsolete Recruit a Friend option, where they get like a crazy 400% xp bonus.

At any rate.. HoT gear at 80 and farm The Hive instance, The Orb of Subversion with headshot to gain xp the fastest solo.

At 85 you can move onto Lost Gnomes instance. At 86 you can do the Hard version of it for more xp.

At 90 you can do Kurn's Tower and Field of Scale with Headshot.

At 95 you will live in the HoT version of Ferrott, normal zone or instance works.