Were there THAT many afkerS?!!!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Healiez, May 22, 2015.

1. Healiez Augur

not a single I cant get in thread or server full thread since the fix....

Were there really that many people afk?! Is everyone able to get in?!
    Jaby likes this.
  2. Tamier Augur

Yes there were well over 500, possibly close to a thousand I would guess.
  3. bobjones1208 Augur

I'm unable to get in, but I didn't see the "server up" message until about 10 minutes after it was posted, so I missed the initial window.
  4. Draden Elder

5. Glistarian Augur

I can't get in right now.
  6. Alandros Elder

If you believed the rabid posters then there were. The more reasonable people were skeptical that this was as big of an issue as people claimed, much like people claiming people hit level 15 on that first day when the highest (minus the 50 bug) was 6. People exaggerate.

Hopefully on the back burner they are moving towards a second server, or prepared to do so if the population doesn't improve. Spinning up another server isn't an instant thing though so that might take time before it would even happen.
  7. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I was watching a stream earlier from in-game....Someone on the streamer's teamspeak said that they counted around 1000 afk toons just from the class chat channels alone. So apparently there were a lot.

Interested to see what they do next to deal with turned away customers.
  8. jacksaltw234 New Member

The only reason the server wasn't at full capacity for a few minutes was because they applied this fix. Now all those afk spots have been replaced by active players, and there are still plenty of players who can't get online since its full again. Very irritating.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  9. Nuanil Elder

Yes there were, at least 25% of the population was AFK
  10. Draden Elder

wow that would mean we have enough players for 2+ servers, means the time spent on this 'fix' was even more of a waste
  11. bobjones1208 Augur

Wonder what is going to happen when all of those AFK people want to come back and play...
  12. uk6999 Augur

Can't get in but not to worried. Ill give it a week. I work in IT and I know these things take time plus these guys need a holiday weekend as well. Plus I have a lot to do outside of gaming. If the issue persists through next weekend i will likely give up on it and bide my gaming time elsewhere.

The only thing I dont get is why no 2nd server. Hardware is cheap unless you are renting space in at a colo site. I would imagine the cost savings would be greater in people resources to dedicate some time to a 2nd server with merges later than deal with this mess. With the amount of revenue they have to be losing on this deal it boggles my mind.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  13. Ferry-Tunare Augur

They will be stuck with the rest of us not logged in to Ragefire.
  14. code-zero Augur

There's no second server because in the past having a second server proved to cause more problems in the long run. Currently Vulak is totally dead and Fippy was dying and probably dead now. After the initial rush of people creating their characters they settle back into a routine and the load drops
    chinchey likes this.
  15. uk6999 Augur

I never understood why they didnt merge the previous two prog servers down the line.
  16. Draden Elder

This has more to do with the timing of the 2nd server, which will happen now as well. If they had launched 2 at release, like nearly EVERY player said they needed to, the population would sustain itself. Now over 20% of interested players will simply leave, causing an even worse issue.
  17. Paragons New Member

..right cuz the DBing players are the other half of the problem...
  18. Greggorr New Member

I can't get in. I'm just not about it since about it isn't doing anything.
  19. code-zero Augur

There's no good timing for opening a second server. Once the population stabilizes and drops people start leaving the second server to restart on the first server. The casuals on the second server slowly drop out as they have fewer and fewer others on server.
  20. Greymere Augur

There were a lot of players sittng AFK yes, maybe not 1000's as the forums would try and lead you to believe but enough that removing them freed up a lot of space in the servers.

When GMs started removing them players tried to hide where they were sittng AFK in more remote areas for hours at a time, auto running into walls or pools, or putting up the LFG tag to hide the AFK tag.
    It is more than reasonable to remove players that are contributing nothing more than occupying space an active person could be using.