Were berserkers nerfed?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Haquiem, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Haquiem Journeyman

Just returned after 18 months and my berserker is not doing anywhere near the damage it used to. Im doing a minimum of 1/3 less than I used to in the same zones I used to hunt. Since there are not many players who main is a berserker on my server, Im not getting any feedback.
  2. Brohg Augur

Disconcerting Discipline was nerfed in June of 2017, but that's two years ago, not 18 months. Maybe you're miscounting

Or you missed putting /autoskill Frenzy back on when you reinstalled
    eepok likes this.
  3. Haquiem Journeyman

could be. I last played in 2017. Is there a link to what they nerf/buff for each class somewhere?
  4. gnomeboss Augur

update your parser. profit.
  5. Tolzol Augur

What this guy said ^^^^***
  6. Teylana Elder

Zerkers haven't been nerfed. Currently they are impressive dps - if somewhat fragile for a melee class.

Updating your parser will help with the accuracy of your parser. There have been some changes.

You didn't mention whether or not you were talking about discing/burning. If you were, how things stack was pretty much completely changed a couple of expansions ago. I don't personally know the current best practices for zerkers but it might be worth taking a look at the zerker boards.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

As gnomeboss stated, you need to get an updated parser. They have radically changed how things are stated in the logs to the point where your old parser will be missing a significant amount of your DPS.
  8. Haquiem Journeyman

gotcha will update it. I came back on in the bi-faak camp (I have essence of dragons) and used all the combat abilities, discs, and clickies I used when I last played, just reading the parser afterwards was extremely disappointing. It didn't help that the rogue there was posting his/her damage after every fight and was tripling my damage
  9. Tucoh Augur

Berserkers are still top-tier DPS, and rogues aren't far behind. If you'd like an update on berserker burns, http://eqzerker.boards.net/ is the current best resource but you'll have to register an account.
  10. Brohg Augur

Bi-Faak? Rogue's dps was all Assassinate.
  11. Tanols Augur

1. update parser
    2. update your chat filters to get rid of a ton of stuff writing to logs that really doesn't matter to you. Don't forget some of our abilities/proc damage are considered spells
    3. depending where you are killing don't sweat getting beat by a rogue(or ranger). Assassinate and headshot now do 10X the damage that Decap does. Also rogues can fulmigate their Alliance without any other rogues around whereas every other class requires usually 3 others of the same class.
  12. Haquiem Journeyman

thanks for the information. hope I can get back on track with murdering everything =)