weird EQ spinoffs?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by bortage, Jul 5, 2020.

1. bortage spammin lifetaps

Did anyone ever play that PocketPC EQ game? Champions of Norrath for the PS2? Apparently there was a strategy game??? Are these part of the canon storyline?

What about EverQuest Online Adventures? I seem to remember hearing somewhere that the Underfoot expansion was originally going to be an EQOA expac but that could just be shenanigans

Who even owns the rights to these if they wanted to re-release them?
  2. Nniki Augur

Here's a playthrough of the Pocket PC game:

Here's one of Champions of Norrath: Realms of EverQuest, the PS2 game:

Lords of EverQuest was the strategy game.

I only played during the beta. I enjoyed it, but I was busy playing this EverQuest so never truly got into it. I had a family member who played it until it closed though.

It looks like there's a project attempting to revive it:
    https://www.projectreturnhome.com/
    Jamazar and Pelrond like this.
  3. Fcseven XIII Journeyman

I thought there was a Board game as well. The one where the Phylactery Will Get You Nowhere quest
    came from.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I have the EQ D&D rulebooks too.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I still have the disc for Lords of EverQuest, no idea if it is a good or bad example of the genre as it was the only one of that kind I ever bought & did so on the strength of my having been an EQ player.

I enjoyed it though.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

Board fourms posting is an EQ spin off - ha ha
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. Kloodge Elder

The two PS2 EQ games were good (Champions of Norrath and Champions: Return to Arms). They were Diabloesque. I finished them both on an using physical disks.

Lords of Everquest was...less good. It was an RTS like Command & Conquer. I bought it to get some EQ bonus you got for buying it. I forget what it was now. I played it for like 2 hours and never played it again. It wasn't terrible, just bland and boring. I don't know of any way to get it now except the original disk or possibly an abandonware site. I tried installing from my original disk on Windows 10 and couldn't get it working in 10 minutes so I gave up.

I never played Everquest Online Adventures. I have the physical game, but bought it at a used store well after it was shut down.

I have seen the EQ tabletop books, but I'm not a nerd so I never played it.