Weezers & Lag

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ninelder, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Ninelder Augur

Thank you for the Wizard nerf, most of the player-base loves to see a class get kicked when they are down.

However, whatever you did while nerfing them seems to have made the lag worse, not better.

Methinks perhaps the wizard tears do not mix with your electronics.
    Yinla and Zinth like this.
  2. Kase Augur

I'm seeing less lag. My warder actually can hold aggro again, even with 38 in WW as of this morning. Still some small spikes but I think its better so far.
  3. Zolav Augur

The lag fix will have nothing to do when your out and about in Norrath, its is supposed to help with raid lag... which at this point is close to making the game unplayable during raids.

Take the Aary raid.. he rubberbands when the event starts.. and no one is even casting yet except maybe a warrior and clerics popping heals... the lag is more then a single fold issue but we all know that, but the proc fix is supposed to maybe possibly probably kinda sorta help during raids.

Either way the hill is steep and I am trying not to lose faith a fix will be found. BUT... ya lol
    Skuz likes this.
  4. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I think honestly its going to be hard to measure until the servers have been up for a week or so at least. Because imo, they always are fairly good out of the gate until they've been up awhile and it just starts going south fast. We don't see the lag that most do on Aaryonar, and I'm really starting to wonder if thats why we are greatly impacted by the bug out feature when others have managed to sneak through even though they've seen the problem.

I have a feeling Zlandicar will be the best test, but we won't be there until Sunday.
  5. Sancus Augur

Given the change only effects a very small portion of the total number of spells in a raid instance, I suspect its impact will be very hard to discern by how things "feel." Unfortunately there aren't great ways to quantify lag (I have some ideas, but all are imperfect proxies). The other issue is that lag isn't constant. There is substantial variability between raid nights and sometimes between different instances on the same night. I think that variability combined with inability to quantify it makes it essentially impossible for players to conclude that lag is better on average or not given the narrow scope of this change.

It is really unfortunate that a number of classes had to take a DPS hit for something that we can't clearly see the benefits of (assuming there were some).
    Warpeace and adetia like this.