Weekend Adventures

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mokumara, May 27, 2018.

1. Mokumara Elder

How has everyone Memorial weekend been so far? Any exciting adventures in the lands of Norrath?

The Xp has been awesome! I just came back to EQlive about a week and half ago. Been leveling up my Mage to join up with my Shadowknight and Bard.

I've spent much of time battling Frozen Spiders and Kobolds of the Icepaw clan on the icy ramps of Velks, and as of late have set up on the castle front taking down Velketor's mighty Crystal Golems; they are nearly nothing but brute force.

If anyone is coming up through their 50's and is looking for a leveling partner Velks has been incredible XP. I'm always down to hang out! Currently on Prexus-Rathe.

Bloodreaver Tyraid
    Lyricist Hibbins
    Entrancer Mokumara
    Elementalist Nizon
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Meh... this is such a relative term!
    (regular) XP during EoK was "awesome" (around 2,5AAs per giant kill in scorched/any high-HP mob after they fixed the XP-denying bug).
    The nerfed XP rate (1,07AAs unmodified was the max i ever got from a non-named RoS mob, anywhere), even with a double-XP period, can't make up for how bad RoS XP actually is, even moreso when considering that the AA "costs" have gone up yet again from EoK.

On a regular XP session, without XP-boni, people still make 30% and more in level 109.
    So i rather enjoyed my weekend/free time rather than let my playtime be dictated or even just influenced by some promo.
    And if you are in your 50's, and on a live server, XP-boni should be no issue as you CAN level up to around 70 easily within a week without PL or other help if you so choose.

But Velks is still a nice zone, yes - despite the pathing issues and damn slippery slopes that make this dwarf fall down so often :)
    Happy that you enjoy it, for whatever reason and wishing you a good time!
  3. Mokumara Elder

Thanks man! yea its been awesome. I've been thinking about moving on though. Where would you recommend 60-70 as a mage??
  4. Zhaunil_AB Augur

"recommend" under which parameters?
    If for pure leveling speed, the instance in PoK.
    If for some "old-fashioned" fun, most any old level-appropriate zone.
    The map-window's "zone guide" can help you looking for an appropriate zone.

For normal leveling, i generally suggest the oldest zone (which usually also has the weakest mobs for the level) you can think of with (enough) mobs of DB-con and higher, but the actual recommendation would ofc depend on other factors too like your gear (i'm assuming defiant gear basically until in the level range for HoT T1 gear).

For the suggested level-range i normally go to PoP zones, somewhere between Crypt of Decay to elemental planes, which will slow down significantly after level 70 but for example i made my living in PoFire for a while (F2P) and squeezed out level 83 of that zone - it was slow past 75, but relatively safe and i had the zone mostly to myself...

But half the fun is finding "your place", like the Velk's you mentioned.
    Don't be shy to travel some distance to check out some remote zone - SOME, like PoMischief you can only truly enjoy and take in fully when you need not be too much concerned about the... erm.. "specialties" inside.
    The closer you get to 70 (and especially beyond), the more you might want to look into OoW and DoN zones, also do some old progression in there (some in later levels, to compensate for your missing numbers) as some of the progression rewards are still meaningful and valid.