Weapons for mage water pet?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by mmats, Jul 4, 2017.

1. mmats Augur

Simple questions while am waiting on cooldown for summoning Brightedge weapons.

Any noticeable difference in dps output between Brightedge and Thalassic Shortsword on a water pet? Whats the best combo, 2 brightedges, 2 shortswords, or some combo of both?
  2. Aamore New Member

I only realised about the rogue weps after 2 weeks of being back. Extra BS dmg and the anti hate proc. I have been looking at 1 and 1 based solely on player rogues who have often used a 1hb off hand. I would love to know if pet off hand dmg is like player. That said, proc dmg may be resisted causing agro and with 2 rog weps my water pet has rarely drawn agro even when out damaging a heroic ranger.
  3. Aamore New Member

I only realised about the rogue weps after 2 weeks of being back. Extra BS dmg and the anti hate proc. I have been looking at 1 and 1 based solely on player rogues who have often used a 1hb off hand. I would love to know if pet off hand dmg is like player. That said, proc dmg may be resisted causing agro and with 2 rog weps my water pet has rarely drawn agro even when out damaging a heroic ranger.
  4. Sancus Augur

No, there really isn't a noticeable difference between the two. I'm on vacation and don't have access to exact parses, but you're looking at maybe 100 DPS at most.

It's important for water pets to have some sort of weapons so that they're able to backstab from all sides, but the type of weapon rarely makes an appreciable difference.
    mmats likes this.
  5. mmats Augur

Ahh good cuz summoning brightedges is a huge pain. Thanks
  6. Cicelee Augur

On raids I like to give the water pet the aggro swords, turn pet taunt on, then have all the tanks screaming at me in vent. Fun times.
  7. Aamore New Member

id say stick to bs dmg ones then for the anti hate proc