Weapon damage

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zarkdon, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Zarkdon Augur

Is there anyone that has an up to date calculation for what a given weapon will hit for when equipped? It is obviously multiplied by something because I have a 406 damage weapon as a beastlord and hit for 4000-8000 when I fight a typical mob in GD.

It would be nice to be able to calculate how much I would do with any given weapon rather than just "any upgraded is better than nothing".
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I could be wrong but from my understanding weapon ratio (damage/delay) is the main point in deciding which weapon to use.
  3. Laronk Augur

The main thing you want is weapon ratio > all I think the only other consideration is gelid claw might not work with piercing weapons still
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I believe the answer to your question is no.

There obviously is a way to calculate what a weapon damage and delay translates to in game ... because that's what the game does.

But you're looking for something quick and dirty I gather ... and as far as I know for later levels (post 65), the answer is no since there are a lot of passive aas that can affect the calculation (not to mention the active ones). Mob defensives also come into play.

If you are looking for a formula so you can make a spreadsheet, the calculation is probably somewhere on the forums here ... but I'll admit I haven't seen anything recently like that.
  5. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

Is there a melee equivalent of Kizant's DPS tool anywhere>?
  6. roth Augur

The real problem with trying to figure out what your Damage Table is, is all the AA that add things like a percentage to your damage, or add a damage bonus based on the weapon delay. Other complications are activated AA effects, worn Attack, Hstr, and buffs that do something to your damage or your crit damage.

Quite honestly, if you really want to know what your damage table is at any given level, make an alt and level it up avoiding AA as much as possible, to eliminate the hardest part of figuring it out. Then just take off all gear but the weapon (minimizes impact that Heroics and Luck have), remove all buffs, and parse away. You should have matched pairs of damage amounts, crit and non-crit. Take the highest non-crit damage you have and subtract damage bonus (including any damage bonus from any HStr on gear) then divide by the weapon’s damage.

The old crit damage formula was, if memory serves, (damage +5) *1.7. That 1.7 (basically a 70% increase over the base damage amount) is what is increased by effects such as Veteran’s Wrath that increase crit damage multiplier.

All this used to be easier to figure out before they started adding so much stuff to the damage calculation.
  7. Sancus Augur

As mentioned, actually calculating hit damage is complicated. There is a formula that is very close but not perfectly accurate here, though it does not include a lot of newer modifiers. Player melee damage has a DI roll of 20 and a damage table roll that has something like 325 unique roll values (between 100 and 425 at level 115). That means for any given set of modifiers there is a massive number of potential hit values (even before accounting for luck, which adds even more).

I've made a couple of posts implementing that formula, including one here and one here if you want to see it applied. I might've made some others I don't remember; there was at least one in ToV beta that is no longer accessible.
    Kuvani likes this.
  8. Zarkdon Augur

Right on guys thank you. I'll look into that. I had found on a search that gave a formula as DMG x DLY x 110 (2h) x LVL. It really didn't match up with what I was seeing and wanted to find better info. Glad I did.