Weapon augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roxxanna, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Roxxanna Augur

For a Melee group consisting of war,pal,pal,bard:
    (Or war, bzk,bzk,,bard)

Dmg augs for all?
    Stun augs for all?
    Heal procs for target of target for all?---This seemed useless to me when I tested it.

Don't seem to need rune aug on the warrior, seemed redundant with all the aggro abilities, but I'm far from an experts warrior.
  2. Wizdons Augur

I just miss augs having damage procs on them...
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Tanks should always have another AC aug in their one handed primary. Two handers should have the highest 2h damage aug you can get. The bard should have 1h damage augs. That first group with three tanks and a bard must be terrible DPS, except against undead where it is not as terrible.

Sometimes there are exceptions, such as the new Wurmslayer. Since it doesn't have a proc, you're effectively wasting the AAs you spent in making weapons proc more, so you could get away with putting a damage + rune proc, like the Energized Shard.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  4. Roxxanna Augur

People keep saying my group dps must suck, but those Pallys are just destroying things. Maybe not knowing what I'm doing has benefits.

I havnt tried the SK,Bzk,Bzk,Bard yet, just made and heroicd them today, should be interesting.

Also, I wasn't aware of an ac aug that fits in a 1hs, where would this aug be?
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Paladins have tremendous burst DPS with Pureforge and and Valorous Rage, but just for two minutes. You can sprinkle in Righteous Umbrage and Inquisitor's Judgement. You can even use second spire, but that won't be noticeable.
  6. Brohg Augur

AC augs don't fit group primaries, just raid ones. Besides the BiC aug, which is more at home in your bow's type4 slot. Go with a dmg+rune proc aug. Energizing Attachment is the highest level version; going down, Exhumed Rune is available from ETWK merchants, Pain Nullifier from Chapterhouse.

The warrior's 2h should have the highest plain +dmg you can find. The state of the art is Claim of the Warbringer at +20, there's +19/18/etc all the way down if you can't manage that one. Knights have caster crit% & crit* on their procs, so may do better with +dmg+proc Sigil of the Blade instead. Something for you to check out.

Bards definitely have higher output with dmg+proc augs than straight damage. Sigil of Thokk + Venomous Tear are best, with Blood Draining Spike substituting in for Tear if you don't want to farm TDS HAs
  7. Act of Valor The Newest Member

No kidding? Man, shows how out of touch I am.
  8. Janakin Augur

Frozen Orb of the Fabled King is nice AC Primary aug that works in slot 7 and 8.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Hero's Calling is 7/8 also and goes nicely in primaries.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  10. Brudal Augur

7/8 still requires a raid weapon, group gear primary's only has a type 4. Not to say I would object to group weapons getting an extra type 7 added as long as raid weapons do too.