We Will Remember You

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bobbybick, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

2. FranktheBank Augur

3. Vule_Xyrashue Journeyman

Lokar To'Biath has given us so much joy. From red wine turn-ins to the greatest allakhazam comment of all time: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=2328#m104698063059560

Zenith, Stymie and Boze like this.
  4. taliefer Augur

Worst change in the history of TLPs.

take away my disciplines and spells that were added in specifically to address low level balance just because they were part of an expansion? OK FINE.

take away our velks loot because some random person(hi Catashe!) posted on the forums? sure whatever.

take away levitate in plane of fire? that was necessary.

but my rat ears. my RAT EARS? unacceptable. This cannot be allowed to stand.

in the spirt of the great warrior strike during planes of power, I call upon all newly created level 1s to stand around in their respective newbie yards and REFUSE to level until this disastrous change is reverted.
  5. Febb Augur

I will remember you
    Do do do dododo do dodah
    Will you remember me?
    Don't let rat ears, pass you by. And don't clear out all your log entries.
  6. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

What did I miss?
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Test Patch Notes:

- Rat Ears will no longer be available for purchase from merchants until The Serpent's Spine is active.
  8. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Thanks, just saw it in guild discord. I never used it, but I know many that have. Silly now to change it after all these years.
  9. TLP Addict Augur

Gonna miss you, so many alts that got to skip the first 20 something levels :(

[IMG]
  10. Boze TLP complaint factory

11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

How much plat did it take to get to 20? I'm just curious
  12. Lejaun Augur

I thought rat ears was a good quest. It took millions of platinum out of the system and was a fairly good plat dump early on for servers. It was a very tedious and time consuming quest if you decided to go past level 20 or 30 in it. Rat ears also had the negative aspect of making you KoS to Freeport militia if you didn't charm Rephas.

You can actually level up far faster with powerlevels than rat ears. People will always find a way to level up quickly with minimal effort. If its not this quest, it will be another, or it will be through the use of powerlevel teams that dominate an entire zone.
  13. TLP Addict Augur

Depends on if experience event on, or if using a pot (preferably both) I never took too much notice because to 20 was pretty cheap, maybe 1-2k plat.
  14. Kylo Classic Augur

This went from something a few knew about, to everyone knowing. They had to fix it. They will probably lower the xp too. Is it worth buying RE futures?
  15. Abundant Elder

Reasonable change. +1 to Lejaun's comment too good points to be made.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Thanks was curious never did it because I never went to that part of the world with lowbies.
    Another non game breaking quest removed while serious exploits still abound.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

I'd short it but the news is out now.
  18. Catashe Augur

sadly part is.. rat ears probably wouldn't be a problem if they didn't stack to 1000 and the server actually letting you turn in 1000 and get credit for the entire 1000 lol
  19. Gnothappening Augur

This just takes the cheaper method out of the game. You can still level up at the exact same turn in rate with wine. There is a wine quest in Neriak for evils and a wine quest in Freeport for goods. The best part about the one in Feeport is that the quest giver stands right next to a wine vendor. The only difference between wine and rat ears is that wine costs 5x as much or more.

TBH the fix shouldn't be to remove rat ears. All they had to do was put them back to stacking to 20. The only reason any of these quests are worth doing is that the items in question stack to 1000. You take a quest that was designed to have a max of 80 items turned in originally and allow it to have 4k items turned in, there is going to be someone who uses it.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

A fun thing is people unwilling to turn in the grilled rat eats back to him, but for some reason were willing to sell them in surefall. I leveled a couple alts from grilled rat ears bought off vendors (around 30,000) to the high teens so they could group with me. Selling the garbage rewards he gave me resulted in hundreds of positive plat gain lol.

Was dumb, waste of time, but when I didn't feel like doing anything was amusing, and I'm a paladin so didn't give a hoot about freeport militia faction.