We are Reign of Eternity

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Diemond, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Mabbu-EQ Elder

I'm afk in Perma for the day until I get home later. I found a legal way to beat the afk timer bro!
  2. rekais910 Augur

Um. a legal way to beat the timer is still an exploit to get around intended programming. I mean I hardly care in this instance it doesn't affect me. Just felt like pointing it out cause I'm at work and frankly have nothing better to do hah
  3. taliefer Augur

thats a weird bug that allows you to beat the AFK timer that only works in perma while vox is in window.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  4. Sovreign New Member

I honestly don't care, but I do think its interesting to call out RoI for initiating socking - then saying TL NEVER does this, everyone HATES it. Before I leave for work this morning at 11 am EST; there were already reports of 13 /role TL tagged folks, and the obvious 15 or so anon ones. All an hour before the window even opened, I'm just annoyed by the holier-than-thou sentiment on the forums last week in regards to this very issue. This should just point out the credibility of those statements for inevitable future disputes! /shrug
  5. taliefer Augur

someone else will have had initiated the sock, therefore the sock was already started, therefore they still dont start socks?

ive said it before, i dont really see how socking is any better or worse than any other kind of crap that happens during the raid scene.

but i guess sitting in sol ro temple during naggies window is more skill.
  6. Sovreign New Member

I personally don't think its worse than anything else that happens. Just don't shame another guild for doing it when it's obviously that they are socking. Don't remember seeing anyone else socking this morning...so who initiated?
    taliefer likes this.
  7. rekais910 Augur

Obviously the permafrost goblins initiated the poop sock. They've been there forever.
  8. Banuvan Augur

LOL at the truth coming out. silly TL and their holier than thou attitude. Just give it up and realize you really are the type of people you profess not to be. Everybody can see it but you.
  9. Gregolo Augur

Look Mabbu when I talked about duct taping a wireless keyboard to your cat, I was kidding!
  10. Gregolo Augur

Banuvan, I'm assuming you're the dude in Apok with a PhD in TL envy. Providing this is true, why are you pulling the guild tag card? Apok is possibly the most awkward, hostile and toxic thing in the planes right now. If you're not, I apologize.

However, people are people. When you have >100 members in one group, asking for consistency is like asking for your coffee to brew itself.

Every guild has it's good, every guild has it's bad. TL doesn't sanction the initiation of socking. But if some of our members decide to? What, you want us to be like "GUYS THATS BAD PLEASE STAHP". What someone else does outside of raid-time is their own business.

At least that's how I see it.
  11. Kellaer Augur

Something I don't understand is the fact that people are using the word socking as a pejorative. If you know something is going to spawn, why wouldn't you mobilize there beforehand to be ready for it? Especially since a number of other guilds know it too, since the server announces when one of these targets was killed? Should a line be drawn in the sand that no one is allowed to cross until the mob has spawned?

For the record, I'm in my 30s and am not raiding, so I have not witnessed this first hand. It is something I don't understand. Is socking a different activity that I'm not aware of?
  12. Gregolo Augur

Socking is the equivalent to steroids in competitive bodybuilding. If one guy starts abusing it, everyone else has to as well.

And since socking is fundamentally the most boring and time wasting thing you can ever accomplish in Everquest, it's frowned upon. Mostly because if you do it, you're forcing someone else to as well.
  13. Banuvan Augur

LOL. I'm not in Apok. Funny to see you trying to play it off after your PR crew here on the forums insisted you don't do it and won't do it. HAHA. Your idiocy is showing more and more.
  14. Kellaer Augur

I understand. But what is the alternative? I never encountered this back when I raided classic. This was when the pnp was enforced strongly, and guilds either had rotations, or whoever assembled a raid force first was generally given the zone or raid mob. So please forgive my confusion.
  15. Banuvan Augur

Little known fact - TL members get DKP for socking targets. Speaking with friends who are in TL they sock the hell out of targets and it's highly encouraged by leadership to do so.

So knowing this how much other BS are the members of TL spewing on the forums? Things that make you go hmmmmm
  16. Redik2 Augur

A few things quick.

One, stop lying about the "friends" you don't have in TL. If anybody in TL told you they get "DKP" they aren't in TL because TL doesn't use DKP.

So that's lie number one (that you have friends in TL)

side note for fact-checkers: If you go to the TL website, you can click on the raid tab (it's public) and see the fact that TL doesn't use DKP

Lie number two: TL doesn't encourage nor does it "start" socking. If something is in window and a TL tracker sees a bunch of Bro-sengard / RoE / ROI / Apok massing in zone, then TL will mobilize for the sock. That's just good business.

If you are taking time out of your day to sock because of another guild, you get hourly RA ticks. Those are also public on the raid website, which you could have looked at prior to attempting to convince people you know what you are talking about.

You will never see TL socking a mob in full force without another guild there to initiate it. That's asinine. Why would the group with the best mobilization waste their time sitting somewhere by themselves? Why not just have eyes in the zone and call for your force. Nobody else is going to beat you there.

The reason you see people in zones when mobs are "in window" isn't because they are socking its because it is the smart thing to do if you are semi-afk. This isn't some super sneaky peaky strategy, if you are bored and online why not run to the place you may be raiding a little early?

Seeing 6 / 12 even 18 TL members in Perma or SolB when naggy / vox is in window isn't a "sock" it's people being pro-active. I frequently work my way closer to (if not in) the zone we may be raiding when I am online... unless I have other things going on in-game. That way if something spawns it's less strain on our porters and on our force in general.

The term "socking" and the issues everybody had on Fippy/Vulak with mobs dying prior to being rendered didn't come from 12 people semi-afk in a zone somewhat close to the mobs spawn. Socking is sitting in FULL FORCE on a spawn, waiting.

This isn't rocket science, nor is it something unknown to other people. It's a typical raid guild strategy. It is, however, obvious from your comments and threads that you know nothing of this kind of end-game raiding but continue to feel the need to prove to people that do know something. For whatever reason.

Please, stop this.
  17. Esper Augur

^ "Whoomp there it is" started playing in my head after reading that. Thanks Obama.
  18. taliefer Augur

That's...impressive hair splitting
  19. Banuvan Augur

Ooooh. hit a nerve! This could get interesting.
  20. Redik2 Augur

Me correcting your ignorance is hardly "nerve hitting". It's simply a (probably) futile effort to skew some of the garbage posted about how TL is worse than Hitler.

If you think me invalidating everything you have against TL with facts gathered from public resources is something I only do once you've "struck a nerve" - you are clearly missing the boat on what striking a nerve means.

However, I assume because you didn't refute anything I had to say in my previous post that you are in agreement that what you said prior was false and I'm going to patiently wait for an apology about how you've lied to the community about what activities TL condones and/or encourages.

still waiting...
    Gregolo likes this.