Was hoping Velious would bring back players

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kasya/Rasz, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Bewts Augur

They keep this thing alive long enough, you’ll have all us teenagers at heart returning once our kids are grown and we retire ;)

Having young kids, owning a house and now in my 40’s simply doesn’t mix well with the time investment required for this game.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  2. Mashef Augur

No one asked for Yelinak. I played on it for like 3 weeks while i was waiting on EQ2 to launch their TLE expansion. Ghost town server it was really tough. My only regret was buying the bag pack and actually claiming it instead of just hanging tight for the next server.

They need to get it together and just combo Classic/Kunark/Velious into a 3 month server opening before launching in to Luclin. They should also start opening BST/BER at the start. Its not nostalgia but its what the people want. Also, re-enable focus effects. The disabled focus effects was supposed to be Mangler only and they never turned it back on. Also, add various race/class combos at the start. Also, add zones like jaggedpine and stonebrunt at the start.

People were warned these servers would flop. Whoever they put on their committee to get player input failed miserably.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Vlorg Augur

let's be honest here.

people still playing EQ aren't going anywhere.... daybreak has been able to be profitable doing less-than-minimal effort in their development ( or no development at all, IE TLP) so they aren't going to put any effort in their future TLP either. it is simply too easy to reboot the same TLP every year + sell a new 40$ bag every year.

Starting with kunark would cut into those human -> iksar monk/necro sales.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Ragnoruk Augur

You and I have had a very different experience on Yelinak. I have never had any issues finding a group. Were you LFG early in the day EST/PST or were you late to join and are behind?

This has been suggested many times and I mostly agree. I would suggest 4 months for Classic/Kunark/Velious but the general idea would be great. I would even be good with Classic & Kunark with a 2 month start and then 2 months for Velious. A Classic start is getting a bit old.
  5. Treeconix Elder

That's being deliberately misleading and just plain untrue.

Devs have shown a willingless to put a considerable amount of dev works into TLPs. Vaniki requires lots of dev work. So does Mischief. Anything outside of a vanilla TLP requires additional dev work to release and maintain. You think true box existed without dev work? How about it's recent version update allowing "relaxed" true box? These things just don't appear out of thin air without development time.

I'm fine if people feel the need to criticize some of things devs do, but I'm not going to let garbage like that posted without consequence.
  6. Moforyguy12345 Augur

I know lots of people say they are done with TLP's but me and my buddies really do feel anymore classic starts and we will be over it. Starting later isn't the same as a launch with Kunark or Velious. Classic is a zombie horse by now with how much we've beaten the dead horse.
  7. IheartEQ Lorekeeper

8. Treeconix Elder

You need to find a guild that implements a dkp tax/decay. It works wonders for allowing people to not just compound dkp to endless limits. It provides new people a feasible way to move up rapdily in the DKP standings, returning people to not feel like they've fallen behind, and provides more incentive to actual spend DKP rather than hoarding. It's better spending it than losing it for no return.

My live guild has a monthly DKP tax. My TLP guild has a weekly decay amount. Both work well. Because of the decay on the TLP, once you got to around 7-10 week's worth of dkp you were losing more on decay than actually earning. People were spending dkp and I was able to hit top 5 in DKP within a few weeks when joining.

To put it in perspective, only a single person in the guild right now has over 200 dkp. That's roughly 4 weeks worth of DKP earned. Only 15 have more than 100 DKP. So only 15 people have between 2-4 weeks worth of DKP saved. That means easily 50+ people only have 1-2 weeks worth of DKP.
  9. Zinkeh Augur

Classic/Kunark/Velious into a 3 month server opening before launching in to Luclin. ----YES

They should also start opening BST/BER at the start. ---Absolutely. So many folks leave after PoP anyone so most people only get a very short run on these later classes and thats silly.

Also, re-enable focus effects. ---- OMG yes..Why they were never turned back on is stupid.

Also, add various race/class combos at the start. Yes...I want to see Halfling rangers, Gnome Sks..etc before the TLP fizzles out.

Also, add zones like jaggedpine and stonebrunt at the start. --- This would be nice but really didn't use these zones much.

*** Only thing I'd add would be to enable AA's in Kunark or Velious. The massive, massive drop in LFG due to lack of interest, people maxing 60, and rampant boxing would be offset if you gave people a reason to group. ***
  10. Critt Augur

Yeli population was sad from the GItgo, not surprising the Velious couldn’t enliven it. They made a mistake not going with mischief ruleset…
  11. Hythos Augur

Mischief-rules are the best - it's how EQ shoulf have been from the beginning.

As for returning players, the amount of bots & RMT groups on Yelinak might outnumber people playing the game "for fun".
    Fenthen and Xanathol like this.
  12. Treeconix Elder

If it were randomized loot + no free trade + no quadruple loots sure. Mischief as it stands is overkill. Also, they aren't going to make a carbon copy a year later. Why would they cannibalize M/TB? Not a great business decision.
  13. Ddezul Augur

FIFY
  14. wade_watts Augur

It's the ruleset. A lot of folks tried to tell DPG before server launch a few months back. Sadly, those that said a mischief-adjacent ruleset would be better have been sidelined.

Yelinak - 1 week per: https://eqresource.com/serverhistory.php?server=Yelinak&range=1w
    4 months after launch, 2 weeks from latest xpac
    • High Count: 381 (37.8%) - Estimated Time: 2d 15h 30m
    • Medium Count: 439 (43.55%) - Estimated Time: 3d 1h 10m
    • Low Count: 186 (18.45%) - Estimated Time: 1d 7h

Mischief - 1 week per: https://eqresource.com/serverhistory.php?server=Mischief&range=1w
    17 months after launch, 6 weeks from latest xpac (boring one at that - DoN)
    • High Count: 604 (59.92%) - Estimated Time: 4d 4h 40m
    • Medium Count: 402 (39.88%) - Estimated Time: 2d 19h
    • Low Count: 0
  15. Ddezul Augur

The people that want mischief have mischief.

Try something new.
    Yinla and Brildon like this.
  16. wade_watts Augur

Something new, like Yelinak? The same thing re-served in essentially the same way 10 times now?
  17. IheartEQ Lorekeeper

18. Brildon Augur

Mischief wasn't a half baked TLP. There hasn't been much changes that warrant a redo of a "polished mischief ruleset". The Dev has been make the random group buckets 1 xpack at a time, I doubt he wants to do a 2nd set of servers simultaneously trying to refine those buckets. Other then that really the only changes we have seen during the server is game-wide changes to keys and flagging requirements for raids, and these changes are made pretty much at the start of the xpack, so again no reason to need a do over.

Mischief has a healthy population because it has both a unique and interesting ruleset. Launching a clone will just continue the cycle of causing other TLPs to die out prematurely. Mischief is only at DoN, anyone interested in that ruleset should just start on Mischief.
  19. Ddezul Augur

No.Yeli was basically a krono farmer paradise through classic now they all bailed to go back to their real servers.

Try something different in terms of a ruleset.
    Vaniki is really good because it's not easy.
    I wouldn't have set it up the way they did but it's working well.
  20. IheartEQ Lorekeeper