was EXP nerfed even more ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by monkypowah, Apr 19, 2018.

1. monkypowah Elder

post-patch I am barely getting 1% exp on level 29 in splitpaw on very red mobs deep in the zone in a 4 person group comprised of levels within 5 or so of my level. seriously what in the world is going on with this EXP!?? smh
  2. Kronotowin Elder

Exp potion sales must be down. Time to nerf exp a bit more.
    monkypowah and Lantherion like this.
  3. monkypowah Elder

thats the hilarious thing is I won't even bother with EXP potions when they are 25%!? i mean WHAT?? no idea who is coming up with some of these ideas lately over at dbg :((
  4. Tyche Elder

The dev was told to remove XP this patch. It's right in the patch notes!
  5. Kronotowin Elder

Subscriber numbers dropping, deploy exp bonus for a stoner holiday.
  6. Fepyy Lorekeeper

LMAO daybreak is like that girl that cheats on you 3 times and u still love her and can't get enough. I mean how many times can they screw up, lower xp, make the game worse, ruin the economy, massive downtimes, delete ppls champions and spellbooks, and still have people continuing to play (suffer) on coirnav
  7. Fepyy Lorekeeper

I can see the next TLP in daybreaks eyes. kill 10 deep red mobs gain a small blue bar. also xp potions price increased 2x and percent bonus lowered to 5% from 25. LOL
  8. Brumans Augur

I think SoW is slower too now.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Found the filthy LoL player! :eek:
    Taladir likes this.
  10. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Perhaps you should find another game to play?
  11. Machentoo Augur

19 years and counting. Don't see it changing this month.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  12. Lyrical Augur

Its funny how 25% doesnt actually do anything. A mob that gives 2% or 4% for 2 should equal 5% for two after 25% is introduced. It just doesnt. Im wondering if it only works on mobs that give 4% each. As in it just rounds down to the nearest percent until you get over the hump.
  13. Numzan Augur

at low lvls i wasn't seeing any bonus, if that helps. It felt like it was going slower.
  14. Machentoo Augur

That's not how it works. 25% bonus xp doesn't always mean you actually get 25% more xp per mob. The bonuses don't always multiply with other bonuses that are already in game. IE if you get a 25% bonus that doesn't multiply with the grouping bonus, in a full group of six you will be getting a total of 150% bonus instead of 125% bonus, so the increase is less noticeable. If you are using a 25% pot, now you have increased your 150% bonus to 175% bonus. So if you were getting 4% per mob before, at 150% bonus, now at 175% you'd be getting 4.66% per mob, not 5%.
    NoWay likes this.
  15. Lyrical Augur

So there were no other bonuses in effect. A red mob if I could kill it gave 4% before the bonus. A yellow 3% a white 1% and 3 x blues 1%. After the 25% bonus took effect I got 4% on reds, 3% on yellow, 1% white and 1% on 3 blues. My point was 25% of 4% is an extra 1% so the red should have been 5%. At the very very least 4 whites should have = 5% and it was still 4%.

My simplest expectation was that if i killed the same group of mobs the same number of times at the same player level that I should see 25% more xp. I counted blues vs yellows etc. Only 2 con differently the 25% bonus round and 1 was higher one was lower. Not enough to change the test. I ended up with the exact same xp on both sides of the 25%.

Possibly math and xp doesnt go together.
  16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Whole percentages do not make a full 1%

4% + .25% = 4.25, not 5

Killing 20 mobs <in exactly the same time span> and <exactly the same /cons /time> isn't actually an easy parse.
  17. MaxTheLion Augur

Hmm, you're not getting .25 of a percent. That's not how that works. You're correct it's an addition (bonus) but 25% of 4 is 1, not .25 (which is a decimal and not a %). You multiple .25 x 4 to obtain what 25% of 4 is. You should be getting an addition of a quarter of what the initial exp was, not a flat .25 bonus. I bet we can get to another 15 pages of people confusing their math again.
  18. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

yeah yeah try to simplify a concept and... lol

X(125%) =/= X+1 was my point. Killing just 1-2 mobs doesn't make a parse, nor does killing 20 random mobs, then comparing it to the next 20 mobs as variances in XP /mob / time are subtle.

If I'd typed it as you did, noone who needs it would read it.

You're right, it wasn't correct math, just an example to set someone down a path.

Call it writer's license for clarity of concept.

+1 to your inner nerd.

;-)

and how do you parse DoT timing for instance, or more misses in melee during one subset of 20 mobs, etc etc. It gets waaaay complex.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Please convert to the standard exp unit of red wine. Then we will be on the same page.
  20. TLP Addict Augur

Sounds a bit like common core.:rolleyes: