Warriors Beyond TBL

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Xorsazis, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Repthor Augur

Sneering grin has a chance procs of taunt irs a 9k based hate proc. It also can twin proc if it wasent so random it whould be one of the strongest aggro abilitys a warr has acess to and it costs nothing to to use. That togeather with the chance to get a critical taunt to increase our hate by 10% again wile random and not controllble is massive

Seeing as warriors can taunt every 2 seconds when you maxed hasted taunt.

Not fishing for grin procs and crit taunt as a warr makes no sense to me. Some of you old and new dogs need to shake off the old ways of saveing taunt for when you lose aggro and just understand that its a botton as a warr you should use on cooldown for aggro once you have acess to the aas that boosts it.

We have other tools to taunt in a pinch of a memblurr that 100% chance of working that to bank on normal taunt when that happens is less effective and risky. And even say if ageless an unbroken(give you 8 trys to fish for a sucessful taunt b4 it ends) and ae taunt is down the longest time you have to wait to hope for a sucessful taunt is 2 seconds.

Forget about the old days when it was 6 seconds inbetween taunts and when taunts could make you lose aggro this is no longer the case. Yes procs and taunt crits are random but as a warr this is close to home when it comes to aggro all the way back from when we whould pray our weapon procs whould fire right out the gate or we whould compline when ppl dident wait to attack.

Tldr: if your tanking and class is warr =true -push taunt botton
    LizardHealin, Warpeace and sojero like this.
  2. Repthor Augur

This dosent mean warrs dont needs some boosts speficly in ae aggro frequency and paths to evole our class but i listed some of my suggestions for that earlyer in the thread
    LizardHealin and Szilent like this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

I was thinking to myself how silly the No Time to Bleed / Pain Doesn't Hurt lines were named and wondering what the new one would be called.

"Finish the Fight"

:D
  4. Zalamyr Augur

"Pain Doesn't Hurt" I thought was pretty lame, but "No Time to Bleed" made me laugh pretty hard when they first added it.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Can we make the next one "Honey Badger Don't Care"?
    German likes this.
  6. gnomeboss Augur

Axel2 likes this.
  7. Xorsazis Augur

Why not 'Tis a Flesh Wound
  8. Koryu Professional Roadkill

BTW, spamming Taunt for aggro isn't useful outside of Sneering Grin procs. You don't gain % total aggro for taunting a mob when you already have its attention. Other players don't even see the Taunt attempt emotes. The only increases you'll see are associated with a casting animation, which is Phalanx of Fury procs that can't be toggled off. You're just spamming yourself with taunt text.
    Tucoh likes this.
  9. Szilent Augur

So it doesn't increase agro besides the way it increases agro?
  10. Koryu Professional Roadkill

It seemed to be implied or assumed that you could use Taunt for the skill's normal 2% ( or crit 10%) total aggro increase, even if you already had the mob's attention. I was trying to make it clear, that doesn't work. Spam Taunt for Sneering Grin procs if you like, but don't expect anything more than the flat +9K.
    Tucoh likes this.
  11. Repthor Augur

Impretty sure thats incorrect i see substational agro increases when im tanking all the time often when tanking and already haveing true aggro and they seem to haapen when i recive a sucessful tant report (the personal report) so wile the tant dont report for others the increaces seem to still happen. I sopose there could be some other magical explanation but that whould only happen at the start of a fight when you still have relative low lvls of aggro that you meter will go up with sneer ect at the later stages of the fight when aggro is so much larger i dont see any other explanation.

And no its not rog pet i have acounted for them .

But if im wrong id love to be proven wrong so i can learn whats doing that
  12. Koryu Professional Roadkill

You can test for yourself, like I did. Remove variables that aren't the Taunt skill for aggro increases.

2 tanks, non-damage primary equipped (no riposte for melee aggro), Sneering Grin toggled off. I picked a mob and built non-damage aggro on it for a half hour (didn't want to kill my test subject). I occasionally taunted on the other tank, then taunted back on the main tank, to see how quickly Phalanx of Fury procs were generating aggro. Once the casting animation of Phalanx could trigger several times before seeing even a 1% change, I knew any 2% or larger increase would be due to the Taunt skill. I spent several minutes on the main tank spamming the Taunt button on cooldown at this mob, and generated no additional aggro beyond Phalanx procs. The second tank did not see any emotes for the main tank attempting to taunt a target he was already the primary focus for.

Taunt only generates % total aggro when you're taking it from somebody else, or as a flat amount from Sneering Grin procs.
    Tucoh likes this.
  13. Repthor Augur

this is not the results im haveing after testing it out as you listed . and on the new raids on beta im still seeing the behavior im discribing above. even if i turn of grin and and stop pumping aggro spells ever so often my aggro will jump 2-4% from no where when i get reported to me that im getting a sucuessful taunt even if im myself have true aggro

if your correct the only way it could be possible if the aggro meter is playing with me and updateing in chucks every so often that just hapens to cosenside with a sucessfull taunt msg