Warriors Beyond TBL

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Xorsazis, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Syylke_EMarr Augur

EQ in general needs some button consolidation. It's one of the biggest barriers to new players (whether truly new or just new to a class). I haven't played my warrior since EoK, but I do remember them having buttons that could be merged, or just removed (Resurgence, anyone? :rolleyes:)
    Kleitus_Xegony likes this.
  2. p2aa Augur

They aren't all doing "absorb" so they should be merged into an "absorb" button. They belong to different SPA. I repeat it, i don't find that 12 ish mitigation abilities is "too many", nor 10 "aggro buttons", make a macro or multibind of the short reuse aggro abilities, and I repeat it merging hate % modifier into short reuse aggro abilities is just an awful idea. Tanks that play in high end raiding guild need to chain their hate % modifier to keep aggro on good skilled DPS classes that generate lot of aggro.
    I'm sorry to say it but I firmly believe the consolidation ideas proposed would dumb down the class, especially for warriors who play in high end raiding guilds, and would be overall a net loss to the class if you believe devs would have time in their busy schedule to find appropriate merge ideas buttons and assigning correct hate values or mitigation values on the merged buttons
  3. Brohg Augur

Recommending to multibind some number of abilities together is absolutely equivalent, equal in every way, to advocating for consolidations. That is the same thing. You are already "on board" with what you claim to oppose.

As for "absorbs"? First, that the multitude of mitigation tools aren't absolutely clear in game as to their function is a completely legitimate motivator for what you call dumbing down. In those cases where the game doesn't actually prevent inefficient/wasteful stacking, it should at least be plain when that's being done. Also, though, in highly analogous fashion to the debuffs, I offer nearly no credit to any claims that there are warriors micromanaging Slander, Shield Sunder, et al, for their absorbs.

All mentions of "high end raiding" are red herrings; ditto lack of faith in developers
  4. p2aa Augur

You take things the wrong way. You don't need to do any consolidation because there is yet a way to do it in game, multibinding.

What tool is uncleared to you ? read the description of them it explains you what they are doing. You need to stack ability that don't have the same SPA, it's not "inefficient" stacking then.

In high end raiding guild, DPS generate much more aggro than in low tier raiding guild, because of the difference of DPS quality. It's a real fact.
  5. Tucoh Augur

A++ breakdown

also
    Glyph of Dragon Scales IV - SPA451 absorbs damage off the top of large melee hits AND SPA515/516 - increase base avoidance/mitigation AC.

Oh and on the topic of ability consolidation, I love that warriors have this huge menu of mitigation options that we have to meter out throughout an encounter to avoid dying, and hope they don't consolidate it in any way.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

Nice descriptions.

However, I think you have SPA 168 (defensive) and SPA 162 (melee guard) backwards. Warrior class mitigation and Knight's Sedulity are both SPA 168 as well. If the old EQ math still holds, SPA 168 mitigates DB not DI in the equations. That used to be a reason for a warrior to choose defensive vs evasive disc back in the day.
  7. Brohg Augur

Evasive was favored for the couple mobs with very little randomness to their hits (specifically, Avatar of War and Thall Va Kelun). Since Defensive only reduces randomness, it didn't do much versus those. SPA168 reduces randomness, thus the old shorthand for warrior tanking advantage (pre-Sedulity) being "DI19"
  8. Wulfhere Augur

Okay right. SPA 168 mitigates DI, not DB, I was thinking backwards. All good.

ps: I wonder has any warrior parsed Evasive disc (SPA 172) vs modern mobs?
  9. Brohg Augur

There hasn't been extreme imbalanced melee AoW/TVK style since then to even potentially advantage Evasive. It takes an extreme imbalance, too, on the level of rendering Defensive virtually functionless, since strategically it's so much better to even out tank damage and to lower the maximum damage per round than to sometimes not take a hit. Doing both sure is nice, to take overall less dps, but with melee coming in approximately as fast as healer spells can cast, it's not like they can skip heals should an incoming hit miss instead. It's more conducive to survival to make one's self less likely to be one-rounded by a "lucky" no-miss round (which still happens even through Evasive) before a heal can land.
  10. Wulfhere Augur

Makes sense Brohg. That also implies that the 3rd spires for tanks need major upgrade to ever be chosen for use in group much less raid.
  11. Brohg Augur

oh yeah, tons of classes' spires are heavily deprecated by time. For warriors, First is the strongest, but overwrites Brace for Impact which is nearly always up. Second is super super weak now. Third isn't what might be called good, but it's what's left and it doesn't do nothing so that's the one I go for unless I've had a death and Brace isn't back up. Its avoid buff is fine enough versus non-raid targets. A more modern version might include a SPA259 line in place of the SPA1 to be more future-proof, I suppose. To be a raid-worthy tool it'd have to jump all the way to, like, SPA197? or the unknown (to me) SPA that does Melee Shielding?
  12. Wulfhere Augur

Thinking about it some more, I believe that melee shielding was said to mitigate DB right? (I seem to remember something did or does and its not a known SPA to me either)
  13. Brohg Augur

it does, yes
  14. Xorsazis Augur

Something else I thought about, how about a pet that /shield's us? Would add a layer of extra mitigation which would stack with all of our current tools.
  15. Repthor Augur

The one thing o dont think they want us to have is yet another thing that further ups our mitigation on top of what we alreaddy can amount.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Agree on grasp. Make it pull like it used to, or aggro lock. I don't much care which, will adapt but make it do something useful even if we can't have both.

Disagree on Throat Jab. It was never useful. Any spell worth interrupting will be uninterruptible just like any spell worth reflecting will be unreflectable.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

I don't think they want to give us runes, we've asked for a long time. But I like the idea of something that gives a spell shield, possibly along the lines of the Runic (compared to Rune) procs which seemed to give some protection without the aggro.
    But spell only. Healers are healing us anticipating melee - I don't want the protection blown by the next mob swing. Let us resist some spell damage. (seems logical for a warrior - we did have an innate magic resist way way back)
  18. Dewey Augur

I am Resolute Defense to not stack with other disc or another defensive ability. So that if I click culminating stand it will auto click off Resolute Defense...

An example of this is using rogue disc. Rogues have Knifeplay that last a long time. If they hit Rogues fury it doesn't stack; so the knife play disc will stop. Rogues fury is in the burn and this makes it so that the rogue doesn't have to hit /stop disc before the burn.

Now I know of the tricks where you can do /stop disc or /block the disc... However; if I could just add a /activate ability insert ability here; that it would stop the resolute defense. Maybe a spell shielding buff that last as long as Culminating stand and doesn't stack with Resolute Defense.

I have work arounds and it's a minor thing. However; it would just be a nice feature.
  19. Tucoh Augur

I want an aa that has a chance to perform an attack when a mob misses us.

Given only to paladins and warriors.
    Brohg likes this.
  20. Xorsazis Augur

But the lag such an ability would produce...
    Robnie likes this.