Warrior suggestions

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by p2aa, Aug 22, 2018.

1. p2aa Augur

Don't be fooled by the false drama created on nothing by some people. How wanting to improve to modern content the heal over time of warlord resurgence and create another healing over time button is equal to wanting knight's self healing ? People really need to stop going on their high horses and read facts.
  2. Xorsazis Augur

The only time I ever felt like they had closed the gap on knight self healing was with No Time to Bleed. Then they put counters and a time limit on it. It was boss when it was always on. It feels like PDH didn't scale as well, but perhaps that is just my perception. Back then, NTtB actually smoothed the damage intake I was incurring and made things much less panic mode.

Mitigation and HP will most likely never receive the bump purist Warriors want to give us that edge, because they will tune content around it and it will screw over knights. If runes are the way to go, I'd rather have something reliable rather than proc chance. Procs are unpredictable and sloppy. I think I parsed LS rune procs once and it did not occur all that often. We need something more permanent or maintainable.

Maybe an ability where 'x%' of the damage I take for 'y' seconds is redirected at the attacker. Reduces my damage intake 'x%' and at the same time adds to my DPS.

Or maybe something where I spawn a swarm pet who shields me from x% damage for 30 seconds or until he runs out of HP.

Or perhaps once I hit berzerker frenzy, I take reduced damage by 10% (non-rune).

Or just spitballing one more idea, an actual Divine Aura type ability where I can still cast and hold agro. Fort is halfway there, go the full monty. Nothing can be accomplished in 12-18 seconds, and I don't think a warrior chain of this would be plausible to accomplish anything (although people are pretty creative).

I honestly don't want a metric ton of spammers, but hey ideas n stuff.
    Dre. likes this.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Was ballpark referring specifically to the major nerf patch. Looked it up for kicks and looks like Aug 2014 patch:
    Changed Slot 1 from "Increase Agro Multiplier by 3000% " to "Increase Agro Multiplier by 165% "

Perhaps the greatest “typo” in EQ history? ^ . ^

Then Sep 2015 once moar:
    Changed Slot 1 from "Increase Agro Multiplier by 165% " to "Increase Agro Multiplier by 80% "

The point was when something’s comically out of whack and it gets nerfed, asking for things in return is a little nonsensical. It happens every time there’s a major reduction to any class, and the OP did it regarding Harmonious Expanse.

I like the rune idea personally (as long as you leave our knight 1h’s alone, eh!). But careful, or you’ll be accused of wanting to be a knight with that kind of talk sir.
  4. p2aa Augur

Asking for things in return ? You can find these abilities dumb, the result is that as DBG hasn't replace these so called dumb abilities by other not dumb ones, at the end it's a heavy AE aggro nerf to warrior.
    Warriors are the only tanks to have been double nerf on some AE aggro abilities (Harmonious expanse and wade in to battle) and also double looser on harmonious heavy nerf because we had 2 harmonious instead of one harmonious and one alliance.
  5. Maedhros High King

I mean is it better to have had something and loved it, and have it taken away, or to have never had at all?

Paladin Harmonious was never any good and is still the worst harmonious even after the nerfs to War and SK versions. Please give it a break. Additionally, paladin alliance is something that I suspect less than 1% of total paladins ever mem. You are really grasping at smoke here.
  6. p2aa Augur

It's better to have something in replacement. Else it's a heavy nerf.
    Why you speak of paladin's harmonious ? We don't care it's a warrior's suggestion thread here.

Anyway, clearly your goal is to try to troll this thread so that we don't see anymore constructive suggestions. So I will ignore your answers on it to not feed the troll. Same for others posts who look like it. I'm answering to constructive feedbacks.
  7. Maedhros High King

Well gee, I guess it would be due to you complaining about warrior harmonious "double nerfs" I thought it made sense to point out that your doubly nerfed harmonious' are still better than what paladins have.
    You've been butting your opinions into paladin threads for a really long time. I suppose you don't enjoy the reciprocation?
  8. Fintank Augur

Careful guys, it would be awful if the guy who always posts non-constructive posts in other class threads were to report us for not being constructive in his thread. My oh my how the turn tables!
  9. Bigstomp Augur

This was a real thread intended for warrior suggestions. Please don't pollute it.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

I think the warrior BP click from ROS might be a good starting point.

Mitigate big hits but only big hits. Maybe a similar ability (increasing as levels increase like a normal disc) - 30 seconds up, 3 min cooldown?

That seems pretty reasonable to me, although I'd prefer 1 min up, 3 min down, that may be too much. Not sure.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Thinking further, if we need a timer for it, maybe armor of useless runes could become armor of useful protection
  12. Brohg Augur

That exists, it's Warrior's Bastion. Formatting as 1/3 instead of 3/10 sounds nice to me, but makes it a lil' more awkward fitting "around" Roaring's 4/10
  13. p8aa Elder

Warrior's Bastion fades in 10 sec against raid bosses.
  14. Triconix Augur

We are going to bloat that SpA (451) real quick if we get another version of it. We already have Dicho, BP, Bastion, and Glyph. Just the Glyph alone (which needs to be nerfed to oblivion ASAP) lasts almost the entirety of downtime between LS (5 minutes of the 7.5). Throw Dicho on for a minute right after LS, hit Glyph on fade and Dicho will be back by the time a minute before Glyph fades. Hit it again and you haven't even touched our BP until 30 seconds before LS is back up. And by the time LS has refreshed, I'm still ready to throw down COA bp, WB, WT, Papers, and Bastion. It's currently laughable how much mitigation a tank can put down without even trying all that hard.

If Once Glyph gets the hammer I'd be fine with expanding that SpA a bit more. Until then, I would like to see SpA 55 used more for us (original Runes).

I wouldn't hate the idea of retooling BFI and making it a defensive rune-based proc, moving the SpA from 161 to 55. The increase of 3% mitigation every so often over SB isn't all that big a deal to me, especially with PDH running 60% of the time. So for 2 minutes of every 5 we lose 3% mitigation in SpA 161 only when the BFI buff actually procs. We would get a significant boost to mitigation through this loss because SpA 55 is essentially uncharted territory for modern warrior abilities.

The other option is what I said already and revamping our Armor of XXXX Runes to a defensive proc buff to allow us to use our AC discs simultaneously. Or heavily modify the disc line so it's a strong ability. Or give us a new ability using SPA 55. Or giving warriors a friggin rune proc wep! :mad:

Either of these things, I think, would keep the warrior community pretty happy. We would get "fresh" and "new" abilities, while seeing an improvement in the mitigation department based on ability that is a clear answer to knight self-healing. Heck, warriors mitigation over knights may see improvements so p2aa may need new shorts.

Or we can just keep arguing the merits of giving warriors self-healing, further deteriorating and diluting class distinctions. Whatever works for you guys.
    Brohg, Seldom and Maedhros like this.
  15. Seldom Augur

What is it you feel Glyph should be nerfed down to? Dragon Scales was pretty much the most worthless Glyph for majority of it’s lifespan. I was under the assumption they mostly got it right this time around, especially with the amount of AA required if cap isn’t increased. I’d rather an additional relevant tanking tool be on a Glyph AA that motivates tanks to play in the group game a little more versus clickies or permanently available abilities personally. Devs need to be extremely careful with powerful mitigation abilities in general though and tread very carefully before ever adding anymore IMO. I think all the powerful 451’s were a terrible idea for most part and complicates balance

I definitely like your idea on the retooling of BFI and moving it from SpA161 to 55
  16. bilorre New Member

warriors come out and play
    Maedhros likes this.
  17. p2aa Augur

I would prefer that BFI remains SPA 162. We aren't always have Shining Defense stuff on us, for example when soloing or not grouping with clerics in group content. Keeping a constant SPA 162 baseline is a good thing imo. Also in raids I'm not using PDH each time it's up. I start with it, then use BFI. And I wait for BFI to go down, then PDH can fill a big gap until BFI is back again. It allows me to keep a constant SPA 162 mitigation thing. We have a SPA 162 stuff on Defensive Proficiency II (only available to warriors) too always on, but it's doing minor impact there.
    I like though your option of a revamp of Armor of Tenacious Rune that could be used outside disc slot, and with better effect. Also ideas in the territory of SPA 55 that would not use the disc slot would be nice too.
  18. Brohg Augur

New Glyph is powerful, but that feels pretty fair for its new cost.
    Seldom likes this.
  19. Repthor Augur

Armor of Tenacious Rune that could be used outside disc slot, and with better effect.

Thst was brought up several betas in a row and is constantly ignored/ overlooked by devs. It whould be a good change and whould make it useful. Maybe this beta devs will be more inclined to take it in to considderation

Also something that whould be neat whould be a defensive option tied to going in to berzerker rage like it proc a rune on the warrior or a strong vie with hit counters may be 3- 5 hit and be refreshed then we get hit low enough to re enter zerker rage again. Also been brougt up a cuple times and been told the code isent there or to time consumeing

I still think warrs should get some downwards scaleing recovery tool to be more in line with our fellow tanking counterparts in group content when it coms to beeing more in control of our fate when big spikes happen or when bad luck strikes. It should be fairly expensive and big effect but not avalible to often say 10- 12 minutes
  20. Triconix Augur

I'll just agree to disagree with that one. The Glyph makes tanking in raids absolutely laughable now. The fact that you can now throw down 10 straight minutes of the 2nd most powerful mitigation type in the game and 11 out of 12 minutes is just a complete joke. Considering how only 1, maybe 2, events last longer than 12 minutes I can now couple SpA 451 and 168 (Stand/Prof) together for the entirety of every fight I am tanking on any given raid night. So from a SpA 168 perspective I'm at a constant 12/45%. Now throw in the fact that I can run SpA 451 I'm mitigating an additional 35% of hit damage above either 2500 or 11k OR 40% of any damage above 25k.

From a super simple rudimentary math POV, take the average hit of a mob at let's say 50k. With CS running you're probably looking at a hit anywhere from 27.5-30k based on the DB of the hit calculation. Now take that and do your SpA 451 calculations.

• Damage with Glyph = ((30 OR 27.5 - 2.5) * .65) + 2.5 = 20 or 18
    • Damage with Roaring Shield = ((30 OR 27.5 - 25) * .60) + 25 = 28 or 26
    • Damage with Dichotomic 6 = ((30 OR 27.5 - 11) * .65) + 11 = 23 or 21

And let's say for kicks and giggles I want to go full turtle mode with Glyph. Throw down that, Dicho, and WT and I'm easily surpassing HALF A MILLION hp and over 10k ac. Throw in LS and CoA BP and I'm running at over 500k hp and mitigating a 50k hit to 15k tops with relative ease. Plus, with the bloated AC from Glyph, my bad DI rolls will be virtually non-existent.

I already 2H tank in raids in most situations. Do you want me to run 2H 24/7? Cause that's how you allow me to do it.

Glyph should be tortured, mutilated, and the burned at the stake, then beaten with the nerf hammer until it's gone. It's way too powerful and allows for complete mindless EZ mode tanking. They literally just gave everybody something more powerful than our Dichotomic 6 that can be used at least 5 times a raid night for an hour's worth of exping. You seriously don't see that as problematic?

I refuse to even use it now. I'd like to have some sense of mortality on my warrior.