Warrior suggestions

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by p2aa, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Kylo Elder

Please Don't give warrior anymore healing ability. I rather have warrior be Tankier. I find that warrior with healing ability very stupid. We warrior always dependant on a Healer please keep it that way.
  2. Brohg Augur

That's definitely the feeling of nearly all warriors here. The suggestion regarding Warlord's Resurgence actually takes away the one active healing button warriors have.
  3. Elkar Headhunter Elder

Warriors do not need the ability to self heal outside of some of the click items.
    Would like to see Champion's Aura updated.
    Would like to see Commanding Voice updated.
    Mitigation needs a boost in some form to put some distance between us and knights.
    Hate is not an issue yet but it is starting to stagnate. It is a little annoying that we have to choose between stats and hate focus on our face item this last go around.

As far as hate goes the only real complaint I have is when I get into a really good fast paced group where multiple mobs are being pulled we just can't keep up. While we have a handful of AE abilities the combination of low hate and long timers makes it not very good when pulling multiples constantly under the right circumstances.
    Kylo likes this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Agree with you on groups. (dual wield helps here but not perfectly)

I want something other than mitigation. They can't seem to get mitigation right, so then it just gets given to the knights which negates the purpose of giving it to us.
    I don't think any warriors would wish this on our knight friends, that they go back to tanking like a champ for 2 minutes or so then suddenly explode like in the past.

They need to come up with something else to give us to offset the self heals. I don't know what though. It can't be mitigation because content ends up tuned around that.
    p2aa likes this.
  5. DaciksBB Augur

Maybe they could give warriors an Increase to the damage they can take while unconscious before dying?
    p2aa likes this.
  6. Repthor Augur

No cuz thats dumb draciks. Thats like saying like give monks improved dmg or run speed when unconsious
  7. DaciksBB Augur

I worded that wrong, I meant how large their purple health is
  8. Triconix Augur

Suggestions:

Get rid of the laughably OP Glyph of Dragon Scales.

Get rid of proficiencies.

Don't give warriors healing.

How about try to give warriors a unique ability that won't be bastardized and given to knights in some fashion.
  9. p2aa Augur

Passive self healing was harmonious precision's effect harmonious vigor. I say "was" because the heal went from 12 k ish to 5 k, 5 k heal is really too low on modern content.
    If they don't want to give us some passive self healing tools, then we need active self healing tools, it's my proposition to offset knight self healing advantage. See the propositions I made about some other more powerful self healing button, and an upgrade to the heal over time of warlord resurgence.
    I find the idea of Daciks about increase the purple HP pool before warrior dies a good one too. The AA exists yet. It's Delay Death. Atm I believe that everyone has access to this AA ( as it's in general tab, correct me if I'm wrong but won't change my demonstration here) and at max rank it gives u a 9 k HP below 0 advantage. They could give additional ranks to warriors only with way more powerful HP cap ranks there.
    I agree with Elkar about the situations in groups when we have fast pulling groups and multiple mobs coming in camp. We fast run out of AE option when all our AE buttons are used. When mobs come all at the same time at camp, we can manage. When they come one by one in camp, we have to switch to next mob coming in camp at start to apply single target aggro because no AE aggro up, which can make DPS complain that the MA has changed on another mob even if you just swapped for a sec. This is also another reason why we need another fast refresh good hate amount AE aggro tool.
    Something who has been proposed and is a real good idea is to increase the range of our aggro abilities. When raid is clearing a prep spot, it's quite comical to see knights being able to aggro mobs from a way farther distance while the warrior is seing out of range message when clicking his tools. Or maybe they want knights to be the prefered tank for this kind of situation.
  10. Brohg Augur

Roll a knight, p2aa. Go be a shadowknight. For real. It's not tough, you can level up in a weeks, have all your augments a week or two later depending on your playtime. Every single post is about how much you need their abilities and what their advantages are - you can BE one. Maybe not today, but tomorrowish no problem. You won't run out of AEing buttons, you'll have self healing, you'll have range on your spells - the whole thing. It Can All Be Yours.
    Dre., Tucoh, Maedhros and 3 others like this.
  11. Fintank Augur

But Szilent he doesn't want to lose his mitigation advantage over knights, he just wants to be able to do all the knight things with all the warrior pros! While also denying any and all advantages Warriors have over Knights!
    Maedhros, Xeladom and Kleitus_Xegony like this.
  12. Seldom Augur

I would like to see a more powerful Resplendent Glory style ability added in that is triggered off of kill blows. A large HP regeneration component tied in would be pretty nice/interesting as well.

This may be wishful thinking and I’m not sure If it’s even possible, but I would love to see some type of way to /shield a mercenary from 100% of the incoming melee, spell and dot damage it is receiving, even if just temporarily.

Also, to echo what has already been stated, some type of perma invisibility ability. Even if it’s just added to fade again. Every class should have some type of way to do this at this point
  13. Elkar Headhunter Elder

I agree with Brohg here. If you are advocating for knight abilities just make a knight. I actually doubled down on this myself during the double exp bonus last week. I leveled me a pally and an SK to 110 and picked up about 3k AAs. Its not bad at all.

I just don't think we need healing abilities at all outside of potions and clickies. Its not very warriorish. Make me more sturdy, give me more HP, and give me the ability to piss off anything and everything around me while my healer does their job. I do however think we should be a little further ahead in mitigation than we are.
    Allayna likes this.
  14. p2aa Augur

This thread is for constructive posts and suggestions. Shouting at people doing personal attacks because they don't share your view on the warrior class doesn't have its place there. If you want to go on this road I will report your posts to a moderator.
  15. p2aa Augur

Devs won't give us passive mitigation boost over knights. See the shield stance story. By giving knights baseline stance mitigation to knights with the same %, It seems to me that devs want tanks to be more interchangeable.
    If mitigation baseline is going to stay this way, then we need reasonable requests to get us further ahead of knights, and getting some more powerful self healing tool could be an idea and would follow the dev's logic of wanting to make tanks more interchangeable.I'm not claiming it's the best idea, it's something that I propose that I find reasonable.
  16. Maedhros High King

You state that warriors do not have any kind of mitigation advantage or a disc uptime advantage, and now you want knight healing too? Why stop there? You should also have Lay of Hands and Harm touch. Stuns and terrors. All the things!
  17. Triconix Augur

I know you're trying to be constructive and give ideas, but please stop arguing for knight-like healing. A majority of warriors probably do not want that, including myself. It doesn't fit out lore, or class structure (that has been around for 20 years), and overall game design.

Years ago the response to knight self healing was runes. I don't know why this has disappeared but we need to be making a push to bring runes back into our arsenal. The current line of Armor of XXXX Runes has really been lacking for let's see uhhh a decade or so? This year's rank has actually seen a huge increase in benefit (8k per proc up to 20k), but I really think we can expand on this ability or add a passive-esque defensive proc type buff like Brace for Impact. Personally, I think AoXR line should be converted to a BFI type ability so we can run our Resolute Defense line.

And please tell me again why they refuse to give warriors runes on their weapons when runes were once considered the answer to knight healing? Why in the name of God do knights get these amazing rune proc weapons when warriors get absolute garbage for procs? Devs, can you please just stop giving knights a clearly warrior-designed proc? There's absolutely no reason why knights should get both healing and runes. Whoever thought that was fair in the slightest should be hung from the ceiling by their pinky toes. And I won't even begin to the rune abilities that knights actually do have because I'll just get sick.
  18. Triconix Augur

You should probably recheck your number because it certainly isn't 400% right now. It's 80%.
  19. Brohg Augur

If I were inclined to bite some other class' style, it wouldn't be stuns terrors LoH HT, it'd be Roaring Blades :D
  20. p2aa Augur

Go read again my proposal on warrior's mitigation on the first post of this thread. If this would be implemented we would still be very far to threaten knight's healing.