Warrior Suggestions

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by MaddielynBlackStar, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Dre. Altoholic

Livin' life. Gun range. Intellectual dark web. Creeping dangerously close 40. Lost 30 pounds.

I think it was pretty awesome to find this post on the front page my first day back in 6 months.

Re: This thread. I like the idea of swing agro boosts. The problem with saying "we need swing aggro" is that devs/players think "Hmm, okay how about a level 111+ AA/disc/focus that increases swing aggro by 0.5% per rank" and then Pal/SK/PetClasses come and complain about how it breaks the agro balance, all while everyone completely ignores that Warrior swing agro is about 50% too low for the first 96 levels of the game, and almost all of our current agro tools are bandaids on that 20 year old gushing wound while a wheel of priests spam heal us.
  2. Aursiiaa New Member

I'm honestly surprised, after reading the OP, and this thread all the way through, that this is the ONLY time this has been mentioned. Take a raid mob with a silence on it, for instance, where you know when the silence is coming, such as Ancient Dragon. I NEVER lose aggro on that mob. This is an event where I consider my hate mods extremely important to time just right. It's as simple, for me, anyway, enough as hitting RotF, Blast, Shout, refresh Harmonious Precision if it's time, and right before the silence hits, I hit my Phantom Aggressor. I can't hit anything during the silence, but the entire fight I watch the aggro meter go down from the whopping 20 or 30 it starts off with to the fun 7 it got down to the last time I did the event.

If you use your tools properly in combination, you will have 0 issues with aggro unless someone is TRYING to take aggro from you, and even then, it's still going to be pretty impossible for someone to hold aggro even IF they take it, if you use your aggro discs at the correct times so that you have the proper ones for that moment that someone may have an "oops" moment and taunt it off you or for the moment someone decides to try and mess with you and use what they have to try and take aggro from you.

Once I actually got things beaten into my thick skull and spent some time researching the discs and calculating not only how much aggro was generated in certain situations, learning what stacked well with what, and how much more was generated over the duration of the aggro multipliers, I quit complaining about our lack of aggro abilities. You'd be amazed at the amount of AE aggro we can generate with those same multipliers, as well. If I have to hit Howl of the Warlord to lose the entire room minis and adds on an old, fun raid, then that should give you a pretty good idea.
  3. p2aa Augur

Let's not exagerate. In this thread, I describe how much AE aggro we can generate max for one time clicking all our AE aggro discs : 27 k hate. Multiplied by a let's say 100 % aggro mod, you generate 54 k instant hate for one sec.
  4. p2aa Augur

On another note, are we sure that Warlord Fury hate doesn't stack with Rage of the Forsaken or Dichotomic Shielding ?
    Warlord Fury is 25 % hate, slot 1, SPA 130
    Dichotomic Shielding is 100 % hate, slot 10, SPA 114
    Rage of the Forsaken is 80 % hate, slot 1, SPA 114.
    While obviously Rage and Dicho won't stack, add to the fact that while they are different SPA, Walord Fury is AA hate, while the others are spell hate.
  5. Aursiiaa New Member

Try again. Go back and read what I used, there. You have no idea what you're talking about. Go read what your abilities do, please. It's not for one second. and it's not 54k and it's not instant hate.

Do a calculation of JUST the discs for one possible rotation for AE aggro, like Harmonious Expanse, Wade, Dragonstrike Blades, Roar of Challenge, and Rampage
  6. p2aa Augur

I did the calculation yet, it's in this thread. If you click all your abilities at the same time, you obtain this number. These are instant cast time abilities. Instead of doing personal attack, feel free to demonstrate that these numbers are wrong. If you click your abilities with some delay, you obtain less hate than these numbers. I'm waiting for your description of Roar and Challenge, Wade Into Battle and Harmonious expanse disc rotation hate amazing numbers, magnified by the aggro mod ( here is a hint : 2 k- 3,5 k hate abilities x 100 % aggro mod, 4 k-7 k hate numbers, very amazing numbers haha).
  7. Aursiiaa New Member

You didn't do the math correctly. Try again.
  8. Aursiiaa New Member

What is the hate override on Harmonious Expanse effect? How many charges does this, alone, have the possibility of going off? (Believe me, it DOES all go off on a raid...every single last charge of it). Isn't JUST that much more than your total, even without multipliers and the other discs I mentioned in the combination?
  9. Dre. Altoholic

What's the number you're looking for? Please show your work.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

/Boy George *on* Comma, comma, comma, comma, comma, chameleon. Run-on sentence goes and goes...

All in good fun. If you know Aursi and what she does for a living she's laughing at herself now :)
  11. Aursiiaa New Member

I put some of the numbers up there. I don't give free answers.
  12. Dre. Altoholic

That was not the answer I was looking for. Try again.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Aursi, the game is 19 years old. There's no secret you know that other's do not. Just show your numbers or they don't exist as is the way of Forum Quest.
  14. Aursiiaa New Member

This is exactly my point. The numbers are out there. They're right on eqresource. All they have to do is get their pencil and paper out and calculate them. I gave them one math problem, already. Apparently they can't take 2419 and multiply it by 40. The correct answer is 96,760 for the total aggro generated by harmonious expanse when every spell count fires. Depending on how many of those go off within 18 seconds--let's say half--because harmonious generally fades within 30-45 seconds in a raid format, on average, and add in the 80% multiplier. With Expanse, alone, that's 135,454. That's a far cry form 7-8k. Add in Wade in to Battle with a possibility of 148,780.8 tops with the aggro multiplier of RotF. That's 284,234.8 Add in another 34,218 for Rk. III of Dragonstrike Blades per target, as well. What are we up to, now? 318,452.8? I think that's a decent stopping place. But, yeah. 7-8k. Our ae aggro sucks.
  15. Fintank Augur

Can we be bestfriends? I need mah life alert cause I think I've fallen!
  16. Aursiiaa New Member

Troll xD
  17. Aursiiaa New Member

BTW...of course grasp won't work but

General Dekloaz
    Level: 114

Unyielding Attention Effect:
    Hate Override: 9928

1: Locks Aggro On Caster and Decrease Other Players Aggro by 15% up to level 115
  18. p2aa Augur

The only mob type you could use all your charges is raid boss. When you use your AE aggro tools, it's on adds that die in 20 ish sec. Half of your charges go off in 18 sec ? Not really. Charges are not procing every sec . At best, you used maybe 5 charges. So 5 x 2419 hate x 100 % aggro mod = 24 k hate.
    Also very important, it's not 24 k hate built asap. It's over the course of 20 sec. So for example first charge of 2419 starts, 4 sec later, another 2419. This will add until the mob dies. As these mobs are actively DPSed, DPS produce some aggro every sec, and the first mobs to die will have at best procced 5 k hate from harmonious on them.
    If DPS wait that half of your harmonious charges have procced off before DPSing the mob, your raid has a serious problem.

What ? Wade In to battle generates 148 780 hate after hate mod ?
    https://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=40035 for the base number. It's not hate over time.
    How did you come with this number ?
  19. Aursiiaa New Member

Damn browser closed after writing half a response, here.

I was saying it's not instant hate. I think part of the issue here, maybe, is instant versus aggro over time. I'm reading a complaint that we only generate such and such amount of aggro instantly, period. And reading it, since the post stops there, as, "and it stops here." That's what was boggling me.

IF we were to hit expanse on a raid, for some stupid reason, we would most likely be too close to the main mob and also build aggro on it (which single-target hate is designed to override, anyway), and at least some of the adds alive would receive the full amount of aggro gained from the effect, since not all the adds are always going to die in that same 20 seconds and not every time.

I'm also mixing hypotheticals numbers with actual situations, yes. I'm saying this is the about maximum anger that can be generated by this spell, given these conditions. For some guilds that are slower with adds on certain events, maybe this harmonious number is more possible. Not every guild has the DPS that some of the top guilds have. Normally I've tanked main bosses in most fights over adds, but that's not the case for warriors in all guilds, either. Some guilds are warrior-heavy.

As for Wade, I calculated it differently than the rest. My bad. I calculated the total amount of hate generated were all the shouts to go off, initiated by attacks received, which would be 24 shouts.