Warrior/Shaman combo

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Rots, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Rots Journeyman

Will this be a good combo to do group content? Would it be better to play an SK/Shaman combo?
    Eggolas likes this.
  2. Eggolas Augur

Add a Bard and you've got yourself a very good combination of Bard/Shaman/Warrior.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Gio-Cefalu Augur

I play SK/Shm/Mage, which works for me, but as Eggolas stated, if you add bard to your mix of warrior and shaman, you have a very capable group. Also, with 3 toons, you can add 3 mercenaries to fill out the group. You've got great buffs, debuffs, tankage, pulling, and a little CC.

Even if you decide to play just the War/Shm, you're probably going to be fine. The SK can pull better than the warrior, but the warrior will mitigate better, so if you end up with 2 or 3 mobs, you're still ok.
  4. Rots Journeyman

Thanks for the replies and info. I'll try adding a bard, to me it's going to be hard to box 3..but willing to give it a try.
    Eggolas likes this.
  5. Eggolas Augur

It shouldn't be that difficult if you use the Bard for a sustainable /melody and the Shaman/Warrior to take aggro and DPS, especially with two melee dps mercs (benefit from the Bard).

Check out the post by Gosan Kai, one of the best I have seen on the matter he addresses: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/eok-ros-progression-with-3-box.250833/
    Tucoh likes this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

/autofollow the bard or park in a corner. Easiest class to box and yet ignore while receiving benefits. As you get more experience playing the group and set up some socials the bard will add more and more top the group with minimal effort.
  7. SubEffect An Original Lord of Fizzle and Whiff

I regularly play a warrior/shaman/ranger team, but I've recently started gearing up a bard to "replace" the ranger. So far, the change has been fairly amazing. My warrior, who was decent DPS before, gains a ton more from the bard, especially during a burn phase with Quicktime. The bard also has a lot more utility than the ranger (dual invis @ 110, speedy feets, MEZZ, overall better group buffage/more benefits for mercs). I also retain a must-have (for me): tracking. With the recent nerf to fades, it made bard fades far superior (and they were already superior) to the ranger's. The bard is mostly doing melodies, occasional mezzes and some pac/fade pulling. I recently got his 2.0 epic so I'm in the process of setting up macros for his roles.

I have also recently switched to 2 rogue mercs / 1 healer instead of 2 healers / 1 rogue, post 110. The dps on the rogues outweighs the cautiousness of running 2 healer mercs. Stuff dies a lot faster. I'm using this setup even in ToV (granted, my warrior is raid geared). I'm also secondary healing more with the shaman than I used to (finally have decent AAs on him).

Anyhow.. if you are able to crack into TBL progression at some point, getting the shaman's 106 dissident ability ranked up a bit will also greatly enhance the warrior/tank. Even the base level is a nice boon.

I am by no means an expert boxer and I use no software, just smart key/standard setups and three monitors. It's a blast! Good luck.
  8. Rots Journeyman

Thank you gents for the information. I did play a raid warrior a long time ago on cazic. Back then it was Brell, I stopped playing when the guild started raiding Anguish. When I came back I went with a necro on Phini, now I'm wanting to play a tank again and started fresh on Xeg. Again thanks to all for the information it will be well used.
  9. German Augur

Don’t overlook a Paladin if you want to have some good fun.
  10. FL!P Augur

Im sure it pretty obvious why shaman is so good here. But is druid that far behind? I have never really played either, especially in recent content. But the heals, damage shield and attk buffs seem to be nice. Evac just in case, and if need be some nukes or dots to help finish things off? Or is shaman just that good? Is it because they enhance melee so well? Prolly a dumb question, just wondering what makes shaman so great that its always the go to healer for boxes
  11. Treiln Augur

1) Debuff + Slow
    2) Melee enhancing buffs
    3) Group + HoT (biggest difference in healing terms between Druid and Shaman from my experience)
    4) Shaman 2.0 benefits melee more
    5) In short, shaman just had better synergy with melee (which tanks are)

Now there’s absolutely nothing wrong with a Druid healer if that’s what you prefer. They’ve got an attack debuff in place of a slow. And I’ve never bothered with parsing anything because I’m just a filthy casual, but others claim it’s on par with a slow. On paper it makes sense. Woth slow, you get hit harder, just not as often. Attack debuff you get hit more often, just not for as much. Druids can also put out good DPS (along side Shamans). Just preference I guess at this point.
  12. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I run pally, shaman, druid, cleric. I die alot... always forget to heal... shaman is absolutely awesome! Cleric for cleric’ing needs... druid is nice for, track, ports, evac, damage shield. But if I were to have dont it over, id run a bad/shaman/paladin/cleric.
  13. Rots Journeyman

That's kinda funny...lol Well been doing the hero's journey quest line, only on the warrior. Trying to do 3 characters on collection was...umm crazy. Level 47 and having a blast, went with dark elf warior, barb shaman and wood elf bard. Again thanks for all the information!
  14. Tucoh Augur

Did you pick these classes to increase direct familiarity of healing classes to improve your ability to help others learn how to play their healer classes?
  15. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Nope... wanted a shaman to run with my monk... then wanted a class to port me, so made a druid... then the monk didnt tank so well anymore, blew dust off my paladin... thats how I got here!
    Rots and Tucoh like this.