Warrior Rune Procs 1hs

Discussion in 'Item Discussion' started by Orbital101, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Orbital101 Augur

That is all!

Thx.
  2. Farzooma Journeyman

For the record, Best rune aug we had was since TDS.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

I would rather not have to use a rune aug to get a rune proc unless the rune aug is the same strength as the weapon proc. A weapon with a rune proc initially would be best.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  4. Repthor Augur

seconded
  5. Farzooma Journeyman

It's the same scenario in last Beta. I did request and explained the huge gap in this area, alas, you know the rest. :(
  6. Lianeb Augur

Maybe it is just my raid force but i consistently see knights with lower average hits on raids when doing the same function as a warrior.

I attribute this to the massive rune proc they are getting on their weapon. Unless someone else knows why and it is not the rune they have. On paper Knights are behind warriors in mitigation in practice they are pretty far ahead.

I third a Rune proc weapon
  7. sojero Augur

[IMG]

No beta is complete without this one!

I agree warriors should have one too, anything to make the lazy wars tank and agro better.
    Sheex likes this.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

What would be really nice is if they gave us both a war specific weapon as usual, and the more generic melee with a rune proc. I forget if it was TBM or TDS where we last had one.
  9. Kravn Augur

TBM, and yes... Dual Wield melee need a 1 hander with a rune proc. Not just wars. Should honestly be one every expansion.

They are super handy not only for wars, but maybe also for a Ranger tanking in a pinch... and if you made it a 1hb, monks and beasts could use also.

Oh, and to echo off of the post above, we are due for another AUG with an upgraded rune proc. Maybe make a 1h and 2h version since monks mostly like 2hb?

Just throwing out some ideas to help spread around the love.
    Thoxsel likes this.
  10. Farzooma Journeyman

The only BEST group content weapon with a really nice rune is a 2 Handler from Old Seb Heritage, the Darkened Nathsar Greatsword. It comes with a beefy 12K (Yes 12 thousands) Rune! so yes, it's about time.
  11. Natal Augur

Isn't it the Wurmslayer?
  12. Kravn Augur

Stances kind of broke tanking with a 2h for the three classes that use them most (War / SK / Pal). Monks and Beasts are likely really the only classes that would benefit from a 2h with rune at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my Vish staff and Amberpike back in the day.. but that day has sadly long since passed.
  13. Orbital101 Augur

I still tank with my 2HS as much as I can... I just bando alot more from shield on engage to 2hs until slowed/debuffed unless i know more then 2 are possible then I keep my def stance.
  14. Thoxsel New Member

Would be great to have the option and I also second it should be available for other classes as well as an option.
  15. Natal Augur

You would be using a damage stance weapon on content that is trivial to tank, so having a rune on something like a two hander is a waste. A proc that does some sort of damage is more useful under those circumstances.
  16. Tucoh Augur

Signed.

Warriors have so many tools to lock down aggro that single target hate procs are in the territory of heroic charisma in terms of value added.

I find that dual wield offers high enough DPS and tankiness that I rarely switch to 2H, so my rune proc 2Hers don't get much use.

I'd also love it if RoS had a method to upgrade my new wurmslayer (especially since I'll be murdering so many wurms in RoS!). I've had a lot of good memories with that weapon this last year and will be remiss to upgrade it. I'd probably only do so if it was to a 1h weapon with a rune proc!
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Um. No way.
    It's effect already resembles a rune, and is permanent. Adding a rune on top. No Way.

As for the general request.
    No.
    While I understand that a number of players don't care about class distinctiveness, I do. The rune procs are for Knights. Yes. There have been exceptions over time. Yes you can get a rune proc aug. No I'm not planning on making a new aug.
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Tucoh like this.
  18. Dart New Member

Well, i think the thing is not about loss of class distinction, it's that knights and warriors want it got different reasons. Warriors want it for the unique aoe buff agro, while knights want it for the damage absorption and are less enthused about it in general due to their spells and aas. Why not look at a non rune that has similar agro potential across mobs. Seems to me like that easily addresses the players, and there dev team wanting to preserve class distinctions
  19. fransisco Augur

ummm, you must not play a paladin
    Warrior AE agro is about 400x better than paladin agro.
  20. Warpeace Augur

I could care less about AE agro, solidify my single target agro.