warrior plus 5 boxes what to box ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by pinco, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

I've personally seen a marked increase of faster kills with 4 zerkers.. I instead of 3 zerkers and a bard. With synergy and dicho combined with decap especially in gmm

It's no contest. This is why I forgo a bard in favor of another pure dps class..
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  2. kenshon Journeyman

@tucoh ah ok thanks. guess im still too low level where I'm not spamming lots of spells yet. Just a beetle swarm DoT and a summer. My mana definitely starts to fall, but it's not crazy bad yet.

@whulfgar thanks. I tend to have some pretty tricky add and pull situations. maybe i just have to get better at root splitting in camp.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Yeah with berserkers having such front-loaded DPS, and kind of mob flow that can't exceed your dissident + other abilities is going to get blown the hell out.

How well does your team handle Strange Magic and Relic Raider?
  4. Aurastrider Augur

I think everyone is overlooking the obvious best choice. Warrior and cleric x 5. With all that healing nothing gonna stop you. Heck I might even drop the warrior for a 6th cleric. Probably the most OP box team ever. I can hear the war music playing now. Bash heal bash heal heal bash.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Or just heal. Tire them out, then go for the kill.
  6. john5 Lorekeeper

Getting so sick of these "What to box" threads. Figure it out you hapless lemming.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

You do realize there is an easy fix to this right? Scroll right past the threads clearly titled what classes to box. Commenting on the thread just bumps it to the top of the forum so you get to look at them longer.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Strange magic is cake.. I've actually boxed it for mains in my guild who needed the win.. as well as other mains alts..

Relic raider still to this day I can't box fully due to the mechanics records the end of the event..

I don't use outside programs like you do. So my toons movements are a bit harder to execute which is why I can't box relic raider.
  9. Tucoh Augur

I'm really impressed that you're able to get great performance out of your 4x berserkers without help from outside programs like inner space. Berserkers are such busy characters with a handful of low-cooldown abilities and even more medium-cooldown. Even with my setup where me spamming a few keys on my warrior retransmits those key presses to active my berserker I find it tough to keep his abilities on cooldown. How are you able to maintain healing on your shaman while keeping all your berserker's stuff on cooldown?
  10. Whulfgar Augur

War and zerker's same puter. Healer on its own. Social built hotkeys spam healing. Same for burn mode for zerkers..

Then alt/tab threw pressing the W key for all them an yea I don't keep all their abilities on lock, like kick an frenzy an what not fast fast cool down abilities. But I get most down typically spend about 3-5 seconds per EQ instance just tapping W a couple dozen times in a row then alt/tab over next .. so on an so forth.
    Tucoh likes this.
  11. Tucoh Augur

I'm sure you know this, but frenzy and kick can be autoactivated as of a few months ago!
    Allayna and Whulfgar like this.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

heard about it, just don't know how to make it auto ..
  13. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Okay, this made me laugh. But not in a "its impossibly too radical way." Some well geared battle clerics have been able to tear up some stuff in every expansion to date. Especially if placed in zone with undead.
  14. Tucoh Augur

15. Tucoh Augur

If I had a 1war/5x clerics group the only thing I'd be tearing up is a snickers.

16. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

LOL...okay video was good....but think back when you, if you were, just becoming aware of how nice of a dps boost duel wield on a warrior was. I know for me it was in EOK after I took interest in my warrior again and decided to get him to 105 and get him some deathseekers(FV) and a couple decent 1hand weps. 180ish/22 delay or whatever. Then my bard buddy at the time noticed immediately (he parsed, i really dont) that my warrior dps shot up through the roof from the usually sword\board. So I really wonder whether a couple warriors or a warrior and other melee with 2hand prof could make a go of it in one of those otherwise all cleric groups? There are nukes for the cleric, and they melee okay with certain weps proccing and skills on undead (if that is the mob focus).

What ifs....keep this game interesting....
  17. RandyLahey Elder

Personally I box mage/ench/wizzy/wizzy/cleric/war. Works fine for me. I've been moving through TBL progression and haven't encountered much I couldn't handle yet.
  18. Parker Elder

/wave Randy, its because of you i box 3 mages along with my bard and warrior cleric. You were very helpful, where did you end up?
  19. RandyLahey Elder

Hey man. There's a name I haven't seen in a while! Still on Xegony. Created a new guild with a bunch of buddies. Life is good!
    Parker likes this.