Warrior Or Shadowknight 105 Advice: EOK!

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by o0shalka0o, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Chaosflux Augur

That hasn't been my experience, but that's probably more the quality of warriors I've seen.

However given how their abilities work I am inclined to believe you are probably right.
  2. p2aa Augur

Not really, play with better knights
  3. Fohpo Augur

Please show me a parse where both have legit aDPS and the knights are within 10% of the warrior. Unless it's a terribly short fight or has adds and the pally gets lucky with procs, neither knight is going to compete - warriors scale stupidly well with aDPS.
  4. Cerpoxx Lorekeeper

Rofl you put stipulations on it, which basically excludes 99% of raids or better. And ALL group content.... You want a long parse, with no adds, where a warrior and sk can stand and bang side by side with a full asps group? And removing procs from the parse. Please enlighten everyone on what relevant raid that might be?
  5. Cerpoxx Lorekeeper

6. Cerpoxx Lorekeeper

In regards to the original post. War,sk, and pally can ALL tank anything you want them too if you know what to press. They can ALL do nearly the same dps if you know what to press, they all just have one thing that makes them stand out. Sk' s have taps. Pally has heals, and Warriors lay mad pipe..... it doesn't take an expert to see wha the best choice is.
    Dre. likes this.
  7. shiftie Augur

He was referencing specifically blessing of the faithful kill shot from paladins which can drastically alter/skew a parse in favor of paladins.
  8. Chaosflux Augur

I thought he was referencing the super secret holyforge + stuns burn rotation.
  9. shiftie Augur

Lulz. It hurts :/
  10. o0shalka0o New Member

Got warrior 105 Today, Holy cow he has ALOT of buttons / disc's been making macros but this is a bit confusing at first =P will figure it out tho so far so good as a warrior! appreciate the help all!
  11. Tucoh Augur

Congratulations, nice progress!

This thread may help learning about playing the warrior:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/teach-me-how-to-warrior.237655/

And this thread may help with gearing him up:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/finally-moving-on-from-cotf.237553/
  12. p2aa Augur

You don't need to make a lot of macros when playing a warrior. I use only one macro which is my spam button. Zaknaffein's 100 macro stuff is not needed. I have no doubt that Zaknaffein makes a perfect use of his 100 macros, but it's in no way adapted to a new warrior learning the class imo.
  13. Tucoh Augur

What do you have on your one spawn button? I have three spam buttons =\
  14. p2aa Augur

Shield Break, Bash, Kick, Knee Strike,Throat Jab.
  15. Brohg Augur

share timer. you mean Gut Punch?
  16. p2aa Augur

Nope, it will trigger kick if bash is not possible, like when we are in DW stance.
    Btw, since we can bash under 2H stance, I wonder if we don't loose damage under bash versus kick, as bash damage not under a shield seems to hit for less. Even if we have AA that increases equally both skills
  17. Tucoh Augur

I'd be interested to hear what other warriors think about it. I remember parsing kick vs bash vs slam and finding kick to be the highest DPS, but that was a bit ago and it might change.

Also, p2aa, do you not spam insult, cyclone roar, rage of the forsaken, tormenting shout, banestrike and call of challenge?
  18. p2aa Augur

Nope, i have them in single buttons, and click them when I want to use them.
    Tucoh likes this.
  19. p2aa Augur

I have made some comparison in game on slam / bash / kick dmg, in various warriors stances. Testing each skill on low con mobs and current EoK trash mobs, and looking on my screen for how much I have hit the mob. It's way less accurate than a parse, but it gives a good idea on how hard each skill hits mobs.

In 1H + shield and 2H stance, you can use the 3 skills (only one of them will work at a time of course).
    There is not one skill that does more damage than the other. Slam does the same damage than Bash and works the same.
    Given this, slam / bash is the prefered option imo, because under 1H + shield it allows you to proc your heal proc of your shield, and also because unless it has changed slam / bash used to stun briefly the mob (I haven't checked this, maybe current mob have some stun immunity from bash / slam).
    Warrior kick has a 10% chance with an AA to stun your opponent, but I think it is not big enough power to use it over bash / slam, at least for the 1H + shield set up with your heal proc that can crit too.
    Be careful also that warriors auto kick mobs, with the Warlord's Return Kick AA, these kick aren't produced the same way than the kick skill you have triggered with clicking it. So if you look at the overall kick damage done over a fight it can inflate dmg for the kick option.

In DW stance, you can slam and kick, but cannot bash. On current EoK mobs, my slams were being capped around 1500 dmg, when my kicks could hit the same way than usual, aka higher than this. Kick is probably the better option when DW. I think the reason is that is as you cannot bash, your slam work at a lesser efficiency. Slam clearly was doing full dmg like Bash when you were under a stance that allows you to bash.

So in conclusion, I think that your mash hotkey should be Bash, then Kick. If you cannot bash, then it will attempt to kick your target. If slam was the same dmg than kick in DW stance, Bash could be replaced by Slam for class that can slam imo.
  20. Tucoh Augur

I actually did a similar test a few days ago and came to the same exact conclusion. Bash (for shield proc)->Kick.