Warrior or Paladin?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by ceto, Aug 5, 2017.

1. ceto Elder

Hiya folks,

I'm looking to make another plate class (already have an SK), just to molo and mess around with. No raiding or anything just killing trash mobs mostly? Which of the two classes is better? Pally sounds interested but I hear it takes forever to kill anything unless its undead.

How are Warriors? For molo, should I go dual wield or 2-hander?

Thanks!
  2. Thash Zoner

I've always found warrior to be a surprisingly fun and capable molo class. They have many great tools.

I'd learn both dual wield and 2 hand, it depends on what you're doing.
  3. Brohg Augur

In every scenario as a warrior, be it raid - group - duo - molo - solo or yolo, you go with the highest damage setup you can get away with, so that varies with what you're tackling, how aggressively you're tackling it, what supplemental defenses you're running, and what you have in the way of backup.
    Tucoh likes this.
  4. p2aa Augur

A paladin solo better than a warrior by a very large margin.
    Before the introduction of mercs, warriors, contrary to knights, weren't able to solo anything.
    With the introduction of mercs, warriors became able to solo, but obviously knights are using mercs too, so the gap remained the same.
    Paladins DPS has greatly improved on live mobs, which has been magnified by knights receiving the proficiencies. With a 2 Hander (which will be easy to maintain in group content by a paladin), and the DPS increase attached to this stance, you will have no DPS problem.
    For the goal you described, paladin will be easily the best choice.
    Questoften32 likes this.
  5. fransisco Augur

While paladin dps is improved on live mobs, it warrior dps is superior.

Plus, solo? no one "solos" without at least a merc, if not playing with a box ect.
    Playing with a merc, warrior is better unless fighting undead
  6. p2aa Augur

If with a merc a warrior is doing better than a paladin on live mobs in group content, then you have 2 choices :
    1) Either learn seriously how to play your class
    or
    2) Reroll to another class.

Knight self healing, especially paladin active heal spell cast self healing, destroys warrior ability in group content.
  7. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

knights are giant pervs they can't stop touching them selfs and others
    fransisco likes this.
  8. Questoften32 Augur

...or more correctly:

9. Scorrpio Augur

Since when did Bards get Lay on Hands? :/
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

fransisco and Damoncord like this.
  11. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

Boils down to skill and gear, warriors take a lot more skill and proper hot key chains to utilize properly its more setup work initially but once you hit below 25% endurance you just hit breather every time its up and essentially have infinite endurance (as opposed to knight classes having to worry about mana consumption) far as just moloing warrior would be best but if you are boxing with alts knight classes are dbg little favored children that get everything warrior have without any balance or recourse for it now so that your decision :) Warrior dps is awesome if used correctly however. And beyond undead warrior generally will out dps both a sk and a paladin given the equal gear and aa's.
  12. Skewert Lorekeeper

Couldn't a Paladin go with a DPS merc though, instead of a healer merc, and cover his own heals? A Warrior doesn't have that option. I'm thinking a Paladin + DPS merc (not sure which one would be better) would out DPS a warrior + healer merc (zero added DPS). Especially if you get buffs for the DPS merc, I would imagine that the Pally would pull ahead a good bit.
  13. Zhaunil_AB Augur

While a Paladin can survive the odd agro on a move and keep himself up against trash,
    i doubt it would be feasible for any kind of "serious" XPing.
    At least my Paladin blows mana quick if he "has to" heal.
  14. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

Might as well roll a ranger cause DBG thinks that dps classes should tank better then tank classes now..