Warrior class Fixes

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Makavien, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Triconix Augur

I'm talking sub 10 second refresh direct aggro abilities. The quickest we get is somewhere around the 17 second range fully hastened.

As for self recovery. Warlord's Resurgence needs massive improvement and made passive. I'm talking about 5-8k regen per tick. I don't want something I can control - that will give knights something to b*tch and moan about. It has to been innate/passive and there all the time. This should nullify the lack of spells and healing that we have.
  2. Kreacher Augur

SK's can chain their AE aggro abilities. But 10secs is still probably too much encroaching on their terrority imo. I would however like to see the number of targets increased and the hate generated increased as well. 6 Targets and 4k hate on each.

I'd like to see a secondary Warlord's Tenacity AA (big temporary HP buff, 50-60k hps, maybe 30-60secs duration), which is not usable under Last Stand.
  3. Brosa Augur

I would never agree to this. Warriors should not get self healing or staggering hp regen abilities.

Like the thinking on agro upgrades from everyone though
  4. Ranpha Augur

Wow, can we please stop asking for aggro abilities and perhaps learn how to use our current ones? It's just getting embarrasing how much single target aggro we generate at the moment -- it really doesn't need to get to the point that a wizard dropping an ethereal on a new mob can't out aggro me.

Even in plane of war, debuffed with the aggro debuff, Phantom Aggressor will provide practically all the aggro you need. The next step up is an AA that just paints a Target on us, forcing everything to hit the warrior.

No damage AE aggro abilities may be lacking, but I can get by with a rune proc. Give me more HP's and DPS instead.
  5. Ranpha Augur

You would never agree to it? They've given you veto powers?

Passive massive regen, on the order of 5-10% / tick (yes percentage based) would be one of the best additions to the warrior class ever:

- It will have almost zero impact on tanking raid bosses as these will be able to kill you in 1 tick, yet it will offset DOT damage, something we have nothing for at the moment
    - It will help with raid adds and kiting, just a little bit, but not enough to step on knight roles
    - It will help when we just standing by and doing nothing, trying to avoid getting a healers attention, with AE's and Wild Rampage going on
    - It will be quite a nice extra in the group game
    - It will help a bit with soloing upto a point (high light blues perhaps)
    - It fits PERFECTLY in the Warrior's lore... you know, where the hero dislocates their shoulder, puts it back and then goes on like nothing happened...
  6. Kamea Augur

Agree. The focus on aggro over the past 10 years partially explains why our DPS and survival abilities have stagnated, since the majority of our upgrades over this time were aggro related.

The other problem is that the devs decided any additional benefits to our aggro abilities should be weak, if they even exist. The recourse on Ridicule line has stagnated. The DPS component of Stormwheel is negligible, and most warriors would prefer for it to just be gone. I honestly don't know how powerful the accuracy debuff on Rallying Roar is (and if it does work, whether strikethrough nerfs it), but I do know it resists like crazy, especially on raids. Other than gut punch, our hate abilities have little utility attached to them. Would it be game breaking if we could at least get a 1 or 2 hit block recourse from most of aggro discs?

Mitigation abilities can be farmed out to knights, and they can go from having 0 mitigation abilities to 3 mitigation discs + more mitigation buffs. That's lore appropriate. But self healing is the sacred areas of knights; it wouldn't be lore appropriate for 1 of 2 warrior heal AA's to be more powerful than a heal potion, it'd clearly be game breaking.

(I would support this over Ranpha's suggestion.)

The reuse time on many of our AA is a joke. Warlord's Tenacity, Warlord's Bravery, Mark of the Mage Hunter, for example, all have far longer reuse times then Fortitude which doesn't make sense from a balance standpoint.

Reuse times aren't much better on the disc side, Barbed Tongue is just a joke, Forceful Attraction shouldn't locked out Stormwheel and the reuse time is too long for a minor utility ability, Aura of X Runes disc line is a just and needs to be revamped, and Weapon Covenant's is a joke with a laughably long reuse time.

=======================

From a survival standpoint, and speaking as a raiding warrior, I think the #1 thing warriors need is a secondary defensive disc. Say, a 35% 2m disc + rune procs with a 20m reuse time. I don't care about warriors chaining 2 discs in 1 tank, I just hate it when I go to tank and feel at a massive disadvantage when LS isn't refreshed. A single disc shouldn't be 'that' consequential to our survival. I also hate the fact that if a warrior clicks LS at the wrong time (ie when he/she thinks the previous tank died but didn't), as a mistake like that shouldn't penalize the entire TO as much as it does.

Additionally, I think the fact warriors don't have rune/block procs is a joke. I think Steadfast Defense should get the same rune procs as Last Stand. I also think that our Aura of X Runes disc line should be scrapped, and be redone as a block disc that goes to song window, balanced around 1m/10m reuse (currently 1m/12.5m), have each proc block 2 or 3 hits.
  7. sojero One hit wonder

SK's have 3 ways to do AE agro, 2 AA's that have 1 min(might be 45 sec, not in front of gaming comp atm) cool down and a spell that has 30 sec cool down (not that you can mem 2 of them, but most don't) so that gives us 3, and no way to chain those. now we do have the new ae lifetap that casts quickly, but that has a damage component so cannot be used in many places. Just to give an idea to those that are asking for ae agro, and yes I don't mind wars getting more ae agro and quicker, just possibly not as fast as sk, and that's not as fast as many are thinking I believe, and one is interuptable.

Repugnance Rk. II

SlotDescription
    1:Increase Hate by 1

Mana:195Skill:Conjuration
    Casting Time:3Recast Time:30
    Fizzle Time:1.5Resist:Unresistable
    AE Range:50Fizzle Adj:116
    Hate Generated:6955Deletable:No
    Interruptable:YesTarget Type:pB AE
  8. Triconix Augur

I'm not speaking in terms of needing more aggro per mob, so calm yourself and stop ranting. I specifically said a fast snap aggro ability for ultra fast paced groups (which I'm in most of the time). Even with all our abilities, I find myself out of them many times and then relying on procs/taunt mashing to hold aggro until something comes up. If a person is pulling 3-4 mobs at a time every 30 seconds, I'm bound to be out of aggro abilities very shortly, UNLESS we get a sub 10 second aggro abilities. Waiting atleast 15-20 seconds for just basic aggro abilities is stupid.

AE aggro from rune procs is trivial at best. We get 1 hate per 1 point of rune so at best 850 aggro per rune proc? Oh boy, that's going to hold down those mobs!

Except what I said is completely different than self healing. Healing you can control the timing, when it hits, how it hits etc. Innate regen is once every tick. You cannot manipulate this or change the timing of it. If the regen doesn't go off in time and you die, oh well sucks to be you. If it does go off and saves you, awesome, you lived. It's very lore appropriate for warriors to have supreme stamina and battle prowess. Quoting SoE, warriors "build their strength and stamina to unheard-of levels, making them far hardier than any other class. When combined with their heavy armor and excellent defensive skills, warriors are unmatched in their ability to survive the most brutal battles. Warriors train themselves in the skills of combat, mastering the use of all weapons and tactics." Wouldn't these highlighted parts suggest natural regenerative powers of some sort? Shouldn't a way of patching up wounds be a part of basic field training?

Either give me regen or a shot of adrenaline that allows me to ignore my wounds past death and to stay alive for 15 seconds after I hit 0hp.
    Brosa likes this.
  9. Dre. Altoholic

Like Unbroken? ;)
    There's actually some precedent for this with NPC tanks. Merc tanks at low levels in particular are practically invincible vs similar cons due to their high regen capabilities.

I've Mel Gibson'd my shoulder too :D
    I've been in similar groups. Alternating Ridicule/Krondal's can stick mobs on me at this pace at least initially, but I don't know how realistic it is to be able to one-button agrolock in a group that burns through a mob every 10 seconds. Such an ability might be possible if it had drawbacks, e.g. both a level cap and a fail chance. Sneering Grin/Hastened Taunt upgrades are probably about as good as we can probably expect.
    2 hate per rune point according to older data on TSW, but I agree proc-based agro is far too infrequent/random for these sorts of situations without some sort of 'proc stance'. Phalanx of Fury has been a great addition though.
    In-combat healing crosses a line imo, but a hitpoint version of Rest might be doable Actually, everyone could get this.
    There's a precedent for this with AA's like Touch of the Divine. Maybe a purple-mode auto Flash of Anger with a 1min blocking recourse.
  10. Kamea Augur

That would be a hard sell. What would be a much easier sell is getting Blade Guardian/Whirl changed to be as powerful as FOA. It would essentially accomplish the same goal, but would be a lot less scary from a balance standpoint. As it stands now Blade Whirl's balance is a joke, it needs to be fixed regardless.
  11. Makavien Augur

It needs to be passive also since our finger is already hovering the flash of anger key to accomplish the same goal massive spike survival. And I know we could macro all 3 to fire at the same time but blade guardian is pretty situational. Which is a lot of our problem so many situational stuff we have to mash the keys to activate multiple things when we see the situation arising. And we only have half a sec to do that in almost all of the situations where we can save ourself.

They could just increase flash of angers reuse and combine blade guardian with that and see how it works that way after using it we would have the buff from a couple aa that are just making our job repetitive. Which is what I think we need to do with a whole lot of our abilities.

Make a beta forum for us and just test things out with just us and we can decide what works best.
  12. Kamea Augur

I'm quite anti hotkey, but the only defensive abilities I do combine in a hotkey are Blade Guardian, Warrior's Auspice, Brace for Impact, and Warlord's Fury, I click it as I begin to tank raid bosses.

Regardless, Blade Guardian's tuning is flat out broken. I really think the devs typed in a number that sounded good, but in reality it's way too low for what Blade Guardian tries to accomplish, and that's ignoring the bugged strikethrough on raid mobs.
  13. Kreacher Augur

I think we all know that Phantom Aggressor is bugged in terms of the aggro it generates.

But then I'm sure you'll also know that it's the only way to get ahead of the NPC's in terms of aggro on Deathmaster in WK#1 raid (if you do it that way).
  14. Kreacher Augur

I was meaning that the spells are not linked. So you can mem three of them if you need to.

I agree tho that SK's should be the AE aggro'er's, however I'd like to see Roar of Challenges target limit increased from 3 as well as the hate increased from 2k.
    Comparison with Repugence, no target limit and hate is 7300 generated on each mob.
  15. sojero One hit wonder

What you are not taking into account when saying "you can mem 3 if you want" is that they are precious spell slots and we have to give up other utility to do that, where if a war gets it would be a disc and would not have to give up something else to get it. Just food for thought, and maybe ask for more hate on the ones you already have if they are really to low and the healer is getting agro over them.
  16. Brosa Augur

Its called an opinion. Didn't think it was that difficult to understand. You have just obviously disagreed with my disagreement on the topic of healing and regen.
    A passive 9+k hp a tick regen? You can't be serious. Let's just give us a Heal over Time spell. First spell line in warrior history. We can be apprentices to the Preists of Norrath. Then again how would we be an apprentice when the new warrior Heal over Time Regen ability would be better then the best preist heal over time spell. Its thoughts like this that derail a class. Warriors do not heal nor do they "regen" or "heal" or what ever you want to call the ability, it is healing. There are other ways devs can increase our survivability.

/Agree
    /Agree
    /Agree
    No Ranpha this doesn't mean you will see Kameas' ideas come into fruition in the next patch.

Just curious. With 12 spell slots, if you took 3 slots up with your hate spells, what are the other 9 spells that take up the rest of your spell set and what ones would you be leaving out?
  17. sojero One hit wonder

I was trying to make the point that SK has to make a trade off for that ability, and there are plenty of spells that I value over additional ae hate spells in my line up. If war were to get more they would prob have to have a shared lockout with other abilities.

In group they are not needed as even in chain pull groups you stack 4-6 mobs and hit one then pull more as you get to 2 left and by then you will use another, then the first one will be refreshed, even in a 10 second kill group. After the initial ae hate on a group rune process will keep you above heal agro.

In raid only instant cast is needed, any other can't be used to kite because to stop and cast is a death sentence.
  18. Makavien Augur

I wish we would get new abilities to replace multiple old aa and discs then we would have a choice not to use older buttons for the exchange of something else powerful enough to help us survive without last stand when we need to. To use our second defensive disc we have the need to stack multiple other things just to come somewhere close to last stands effectiveness.
  19. sojero One hit wonder

I want to preface this with I'm not trying to start a fight or anything like that.

Every other class has to stack multiple abilities to do their best, warriors are going to have to do the same. You are not going to get away from this, it's how eq works. Therefore I cannot fathom why I see people asking for this, why do you (by you I mean only those asking for less stacking) think that you should be the exception? I am genuinely curious.
  20. Makavien Augur

I play 2 other classes neither of them need to stack hardly anything compared to what this class has to.
    Just to remain fuctional. Not asking to have 2 buttons and be done with it until the end of the fight just a reduction in the overall amount..