Warrior burns

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Triconix, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Triconix Augur

Title says it all. What's your line up? What wep do you use?

Mine change between long and short burns.

Longer fights I do

1) Mighty Strike, 2nd spire, Intensity, Cata, Vehement Rage
    2) Brutal Onslaught and start rotating stomp/leap as rage expires
    4) Strikethrough
    3) Offensive Heroic Blade

Shorter fights I do
    1) Fellstrike, Heroic Blade, 2nd Spire, Intensity
    2) Brutal, Cata, Vehement rage if needed
    3) Offensive if needed

Spam shield topple, bash, banestrike, gut punch, knee strike, stormwheel/ramp (if AE permits), tormenting shout.

If knights want to, they can post their rotations. Please don't make this into an epeen fight though :).

If you want, post some parses and lets share numbers, also. I'd be curious to see what people can pump out. If possible, also include their adps support on the parses! I know normally I receive little to no adps besides the MGB auspice and warcry.
  2. Brohg Augur

In your second linup, Intensity 55% hit damage mod leaves Fellstrike contributing only its min damage mod.

Also in your second linup, Brutal Onslaught overwrites and blocks Glyph of the Cataclysm.

It's, like, 200% wrong
  3. Triconix Augur

This is true about cata. I fudged that up.

What's so bad about using intensity with fell strike? It partially stacks and it's the short burn rotation. May as well dump it all at once. No point in saving it...

Maybe eventually I'll get around to parsing it again with my new weapon and see if my order is changed. I highly doubt my first lineup with alter at all. Sometimes I use heroic blade during mighty strike of that order. I would use it during brutal, but it either hits for a ton or its a lame duck. I get more consistent damage using heroic blade during mighty.

However parsing requires logging in outside of raids. And lately that's like trying to motivate a cat into taking a bath.
  4. Brohg Augur

5. Kamea Augur

Fellstrike, and "increase hit damage" mods in general don't work with 2H particularly well. I can't think of any situation where using Fellstrike > Mighty is worthwhile for 2H, even considering heroic blade. From all my testing, heroic rage stacked with fellstrike or offensive is incredibly underwhelming, since those discs are quite weak with 2H.

Stances changed the burn order. From all of my parsing/testing, Brutal+7th 'was' > Mighty Strike+glyph+7th for 2H. Brutal was also > Mighty without 7th or glyph. The caveat is that the glyph buff 'may' allow Mighty+glyph to win in a non-7th burn, I haven't had a chance to test this yet.

Brutal is still the best disc to use strikes with. I use Rampage (which is vital to burns since the buff, fyi) during Brutal. Caveat: I could be wrong on this since by definition the sample size is incredibly low, but on Grummus and TBM raids in general, I started to use Heroic Blade during mighty "if" running a glyph.... the theoretical damage is lower but the RNG seems much more reliable, the combined damage seems higher on avg even if the highest of the 3 hits is usually lower.

Also. With the proc damage buffs in recent years, rage of rallos is real DPS.